House Price Crash Forum

Everybody Who Voted For The Tories Got Exactly What They Deserved

HOLA441
16 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Some truth there, but the Vote Leave lies certainly stoked the fire.

On reflection I don't think they mattered much. Not when set against the underlying: That the UK economy is profoundly dysfunctional, that decades of neoliberal economics are the cause of this dysfunction, and that the undeclared policy of open-door immigration which began with New Labour and was adopted uncritically by Cameron has massively increased the material hardships felt by working people.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

And more that the odd Brexiteer pretending that the referendum wasn't won on a pack of lies, busses and Turks.

The Remainers made an awful lot of the "lying bus" , which fooled the stupid British public, apparently. Most people saw that the bus contained a general political aspiration rather than a "promise". I didn't vote for Brexit, but treating people like fools didn't do the Remainers cause any good.

HOLA444
7 minutes ago, simon99 said:

The Remainers made an awful lot of the "lying bus" , which fooled the stupid British public, apparently. Most people saw that the bus contained a general political aspiration rather than a "promise". I didn't vote for Brexit, but treating people like fools didn't do the Remainers cause any good.

People are fools and not just brexit voters. It is quite astonishing the horses**t people believe. Perpetual motion machines, homeopathy, antivax non-sense.

Brexit was a stupid idea and I don't believe for a second that most voters understood the issues involved.

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

People are fools and not just brexit voters. It is quite astonishing the horses**t people believe. Perpetual motion machines, homeopathy, antivax non-sense.

Brexit was a stupid idea and I don't believe for a second that most voters understood the issues involved.

Wanting the people of a country to have control of who governs them is a stupid idea?

HOLA446
4 hours ago, simon99 said:

Yep, I forgot to add in the effects of the pandemic they've had to deal with too. Which again most sensible voters realise.

Edited by steve99
My phone stole my anti tory corruption comment

HOLA447
Just now, simon99 said:

Wanting the people of a country to have control of who governs them is a stupid idea?

And you make my point for me, you obviously don't understand the issues involved.

No nation has full control, such an idea is non-sense. The moment you start trading with the world you have to compromise. Accessing other countries markets means agreeing on issues such regulation, levels of subsidies and safety standards. Once you make those agreements you are giving up some sovereignty. The only way to avoid that is to stop trading with other countries.

A good example is the high pressure component industries. At moment it is easy for them to trade internationally because they can mark their goods with the widely recognised CE mark. Soon that will change to a UK only safety mark, which will add costs and red tape because it is a UK only standard. It makes it more difficult for our companies to export. Ultimately it will lead to companies relocating and jobs being lost.

I am sorry I don't think that brexiteers like you have the slightest clue about how international trade works and the damage you have done.

HOLA448
9 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Apparantly Eu run vaccine procurement would be top notch too had we let them take charge. 

No doubt leaving made no difference on that either.🤣

HOLA449
6 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

And you make my point for me, you obviously don't understand the issues involved.

No nation has full control, such an idea is non-sense. The moment you start trading with the world you have to compromise. Accessing other countries markets means agreeing on issues such regulation, levels of subsidies and safety standards. Once you make those agreements you are giving up some sovereignty. The only way to avoid that is to stop trading with other countries.

A good example is the high pressure component industries. At moment it is easy for them to trade internationally because they can mark their goods with the widely recognised CE mark. Soon that will change to a UK only safety mark, which will add costs and red tape because it is a UK only standard. It makes it more difficult for our companies to export. Ultimately it will lead to companies relocating and jobs being lost.

I am sorry I don't think that brexiteers like you have the slightest clue about how international trade works and the damage you have done.

Silly me. I think you must have missed my comment about not voting for Brexit as well. Just look a little bit further back.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
39 minutes ago, simon99 said:

In a symbolic way yes - because it was a simple material image that demonstrated an instance of bullsh1t we could all see.

What it symbolised was the way Brexit was operating a bullsh1t factory including 'dark ads' that undermined the very notion of public, 'accountable' debate  - eg:

brexitkettle.png

or

brexitpolar.png

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, pig said:

In a symbolic way yes - because it was a simple material image that demonstrated an instance of bullsh1t we could all see.

What it symbolised was the way Brexit was operating a bullsh1t factory including 'dark ads' that undermined the very notion of public, 'accountable' debate  - eg:

brexitkettle.png

or

brexitpolar.png

2 minutes ago, pig said:

brexitkettle.png

or

brexitpolar.png

I get it, only the morally and intellectually superior Remainers could see through all the bullshi*t.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
43 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Like most, I'd still vote Tory ahead of Labour, even with the "wallpaper scandal".

Labour set to lose 59 seats in ‘Red Wall’ councils next week

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/05/01/labour-set-lose-59-seats-red-wall-councils-next-we

Even with the wallpapering outrage, third in the triumvirate of evil along with racism and Cummings, Britain still does not vote in the same way as Twitter informs them they should.

I have no idea why those working class in the north would not want to vote for Sir Kneel's party of the people???

NB. Not a fan of polls, they have the habit of being very, very, very wrong. So I will hold fire on the champers for now.

Starmer - Copy.jpg

HOLA4416
38 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

It might make it a tad more difficult to export into the EU, but not around the world as the CE mark is only a requirement within the EU. As long as the UK equivalent is recognised as being at least equal to that of the CE mark, it won't really be an issue. The UK could of course refuse to recognise the CE mark as being of a required standard for the UK market, thus adding cost and red tape to EU exporters to enter our market by insisting our mark must feature on the product. I would expect however, the EU and the UK would just come to an agreement over recognition. Otherwise, as we import more from the EU than we export to it, it is the EU manufacturers who would suffer more in a game of silly buggers.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
11 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Lol. I'm pretty sure that you'd find most self employed people would feel that they are better placed to spend their money on "benefits to them" than the government are.

Really? A small increase in tax wouldn't be acceptable to low earners even if they received a lot more public services?

Do you think low earners would also prefer to have a tax cut if it meant no NHS, no state schools etc.? (I would have thought this would only be preferable to high earners)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 hours ago, Huggy said:

Labour set to lose 59 seats in ‘Red Wall’ councils next week

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/05/01/labour-set-lose-59-seats-red-wall-councils-next-we

Even with the wallpapering outrage, third in the triumvirate of evil along with racism and Cummings, Britain still does not vote in the same way as Twitter informs them they should.

I have no idea why those working class in the north would not want to vote for Sir Kneel's party of the people???

NB. Not a fan of polls, they have the habit of being very, very, very wrong. So I will hold fire on the champers for now.

Starmer - Copy.jpg

Probably because they are stupid and don't realise why he got it nor that he doesn't use the title.

HOLA4422
10 hours ago, Cocha said:

It might make it a tad more difficult to export into the EU, but not around the world as the CE mark is only a requirement within the EU. As long as the UK equivalent is recognised as being at least equal to that of the CE mark, it won't really be an issue. The UK could of course refuse to recognise the CE mark as being of a required standard for the UK market, thus adding cost and red tape to EU exporters to enter our market by insisting our mark must feature on the product. I would expect however, the EU and the UK would just come to an agreement over recognition. Otherwise, as we import more from the EU than we export to it, it is the EU manufacturers who would suffer more in a game of silly buggers.

I heard that China do a similar looking sticker which is ‘CE’ (China Export) 

comical really 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

Why are Brexiteers so provocative? The more they crow about their "victory", the more determined Remainers become to overturn it.

Why don't you ask one?  What's provocative about what I posted, if it was really aimed at me?