House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?

24gray24

HOLA441

Who were the groups at the rally?

Supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory, alongside far-right pro-Trump groups, were planning the rally outside Congress for weeks. A secret team of military intelligence officers have been waging a war against Satan-worshipping paedophiles in the Democratic party.

In addition, supporters of the "Stop the Steal" election movement, Proud Boys and other groups have been encouraging their followers to attend the march. Many of those attending the rally had consumed viral conspiracy theories and misleading narratives about the presidential election on major online platforms, convinced that the vote was stolen from Trump.

Discussion on Gab and Parler, social media platforms popular with far-right groups banned from Facebook and Twitter, featured threats that anything other than Congress overturning the outcome would lead to "patriots" having to rescue their country from traitors, communists, Satanists and paedophiles.

BBC

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Just now, Social Justice League said:

Yeah you might have a point there about the sensible republicans. 

It just looked too staged to me with all the TV camera's right there to cover it all from the first second.

Yes, you wouldn't expect the cameras to be at the Capital building during the most important debate in 5 years, even though all domestic and international channels are there every day Congress is sitting

HOLA443
8 minutes ago, Warlord said:

The security is lax inside the building because the US is not a police state.  They see it as their House and can roam around. NO members of Congress were in danger and the police looked to have contained it to me

I am sure that Pence see's it like that, with folk rampaging though the Capitol shouting "Where is Pence".

That's going to work well for Trump when he seeks a pardon from Pence, or rely's on him to stop an invocation of the 25th.

HOLA444
5 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yeah you might have a point there about the sensible republicans. 

It just looked too staged to me with all the TV camera's right there to cover it all from the first second.

Shock horror ! - there were cameras there ? What on earth were cameras doing there lol ?

HOLA445
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

I guess it's a fantasy for d1ckhead anti intellectual global warming denying racist sexist rednecks who resort to violence and tantrums. I hope this is a turning point against anti intellectualism. 

We see posters like Speed 1987 and Apeggio thinking they should be seen as intelligent. It is part of the problem.

HOLA446
7 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

I am sure that Pence see's it like that, with folk rampaging though the Capitol shouting "Where is Pence".

That's going to work well for Trump when he seeks a pardon from Pence, or rely's on him to stop an invocation of the 25th.

He can pardon himself. Pence cannot pardon only presidents can (Nixon was pardoned by Gerald Ford )

HOLA447
4 minutes ago, pig said:

Shock horror ! - there were cameras there ? What on earth were cameras doing there lol ?

True, but it was an easy bit of drama for the liberal media to jump on to call out as 'shocking violence'

BBC news ran a special broadcast 2 seconds after it kicked off.

I was hoping to actually see some violence because of the media hype, but all be got was some handbags at the door of the chanmer, so the 'shocking violence' was a bit of a letdown tbh.  (the poor woman who was shot in the chest by a trigger happy door man needs investigated though).

HOLA448
Just now, Warlord said:

He can pardon himself. Pence cannot pardon only presidents can (Nixon was pardoned by Gerald Ford )

It's highly dubious that he can pardon himself, its never been tested. Its technically unconstitutional because "nobody should be a judge in their own trial". He can only pardon federal offences.

Nixon clearly didn't feel confident enough to attempt that course of action himself. I am fully aware that only the president can perform that, I was suggesting that Trump might have stood down to get Pence to pardon him.

That course of action is now firmly closed to him, so all he has is an attempt to pardon himself. 

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I'll level. I think it's inevitable that the republican party will turn away from Trump after this. Future tense. It's my opinion. It won't be clear if I'm right for maybe weeks or months or more. That's not to confuse current heightened passions with my prediction. So that statistic does not support my point but neither does it unsupport it. 

Fine, and my opinion is that enough Republicans have seen the abundant power and monetary rewards of sowing division and chaos that even if the majority of their leaders calm the rhetoric there will be strong men popping up constantly to grab some of that sweet sweet angry mob cash. 

Every MAGA hat and QAnon tshirt is money in someone’s pocket and these grifters won’t disappear unless there’s a huge crackdown, something I don’t think the Dems have a oomph to do. 

HOLA4410
Just now, Chunketh said:

It's highly dubious that he can pardon himself, its never been tested. Its technically unconstitutional because "nobody should be a judge in their own trial". He can only pardon federal offences.

Nixon clearly didn't feel confident enough to attempt that course of action himself. I am fully aware that only the president can perform that, I was suggesting that Trump might have stood down to get Pence to pardon him.

That course of action is now firmly closed to him, so all he has is an attempt to pardon himself. 

Yeah its never been done before but blanket pardons have been done before so its just a natural extension. He can pardon who he likes and according to the scholars ive read that includes himself, his family etc. pre-emptively. He might do it. I don't know

I think its more likely he will pardon Snowden in his final days .

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Yeah its never been done before but blanket pardons have been done before so its just a natural extension. He can pardon who he likes and according to the scholars ive read that includes himself, his family etc. pre-emptively. He might do it. I don't know

I think its more likely he will pardon Snowden in his final days .

Scholars that I have read say the opposite (funny that).

The validity of the pardon would end up in court but either way, he cant pardon state level crimes so the justice dept will just throw the book at him that way. 

HOLA4413
25 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

I have used it before, but it doesn't work very well for me. It still displays the message for several seconds before it disappears (does this happen for you?) and is replaced by a message about an ignored user. I think it can be more aggravating to see a glimpse of his nonsense - if I start reading a comment I might want to read the whole thing and if I can't avoid it popping up, then it's better to just accept it and scroll past it.

Never had that (Firefox, on PC - could it be a browser / platform thing?) I just see the "You have chosen to ignore content by So-and-So" where the posts go, and an options including to view the message anyway. I'd prefer it if it just removed the post entirely, no sign of it at all (unless someone else replies to it), but I don't catch a glimpse unless I choose to.

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

True, but it was an easy bit of drama for the liberal media to jump on to call out as 'shocking violence'

I was hoping to actually see some violence because of the media hype, but all be got was some handbags at the door of the chanmer, so the 'shocking violence' was a bit of a letdown tbh.  (the poor woman who was shot in the chest by a trigger happy door man needs investigated though).

The "poor woman" invaded the Capitol building!

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Scholars that I have read say the opposite (funny that).

The validity of the pardon would end up in court but either way, he cant pardon state level crimes so the justice dept will just throw the book at him that way. 

He really hasn't done anything wrong. His opponent took money from China, through his family> now those are potentially real crimes right there!

HOLA4416
27 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

I was hoping to actually see some violence because of the media hype,

"...I have the unslaked bloodlust of one of those peripheral parasites whose life is never actually on the line."

There, fixed that for you. :D 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Statement from President Trump:

"Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," 

"I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again."

He only saying that now because he knows everyone with a functioning brain want him ejected now. He’ll be on trial soon enough. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
35 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

She was shot in the neck after trying to breach a barricaded door, she got fair warning.

Its sad yes, but only because she put her faith in a conman and it cost her her life.

HOLA4422
3 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

"...I have the unslaked bloodlust of one of those peripheral parasites whose life is never actually on the line."

There, fixed that for you. :D 

Nah, I was just going with what the media were reporting, but the reality ended up being far less violent.

Media whipping up a frenzy..............same as usual then. :)

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yep I agree, if you're going to take part then you have to accept the consequenses I guess, but what about the other 200 odd protesters who got into the Capitol building and were walking about taking selfies while the security gards watched on?

Rule 1 of crowd control.

When you are outnumbered, its generally a bad idea to inflame the situation, unless it is absolutely necessary.

HOLA4424
35 minutes ago, Warlord said:

@S1170% of Republicans support challenging the electoral college. Republicans are with Trump and do not accept the result of the election 

Well that hasn't worn well, has it? Republicans are abandoning him in droves over this, as are a considerable amount of his own team. He really has overplayed his hand on this one, now he's counting his losses.

All he is left with is the likes of @Warlordand @Arpeggio, howling your madness at the 5-10% of the US population that are fully paid up members of the Trump Cult....

HOLA4425

Archived