House Price Crash Forum

Masks or no Masks ?

Masks or no masks  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep wearing masks ?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/20 at 08:23

HOLA441
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

It is pretty obvious to me that if everyone had worn a mask, all the time, the spread of CV would have been reduced and lives would have been saved.

That is far from obvious.

What is obvious:

If there had been a gargantuan genocide, terminating the vast majority of human life on earth, transmission would have been necessarily halted by that intervention.  Selfish people were not prepared to implement this certain solution, and - as a consequence - the COVID problem remains.

It could have been easily implemented... the government could have used the phrase "self sacrifice" in place of "self isolate".  Incomprehensibly justified instructions could have been delivered by a mobile phone app to the digital subservients... and the message reinforced with blanket mainstream media coverage. "Laws" requiring compliance could have been passed by decree - bypassing the problematic hurdles of an imperfect democracy.

As this decisive step was not taken, we will need to be satisfied that the people 'COVID' killed were the patients that could otherwise have received life-saving treatment... The media reinforced a ubiquitous hysteria... and the public only emerged from their political curfew to applaud the NHS on Thursday evenings... to express approval of the preventable deaths that had been achieved by denying patients access to hospital treatment during the preceding week.

Enjoy imposing social isolation. Don't meet friends or family. Wear a mask to remind everyone who sees you that they are hopelessly socially isolated too - all the while making prominent that you are prepared to remain silent and not question the absurdity of what you're told.  Relax, staring into oblivion, and wait until the suicide rate rises... it will.

Dostoevsky, eat your heart out: your fictional dystopias have nothing on our reality.

HOLA444

Bit of a straw poll to see where people sit on masks.

I think it's b******s, here is my evidence

Could the # masks be harboring germs and make infection rates worse ?

They say you can catch all sorts from old hankies, they are like petri dishes.

You could also write testing / mass testing. I think that's probably the correct answer.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Forced mask wearing has been the most retarded thing about this whole Covid hype machine, and there has been a lot to choose from.

There currently exists a large study that has been carried out on masks to protect against corona virus that can't get published. The reason is it confirmed what everyone already accepted pre-covid. MASK WEARING BY THE GENERAL POPULATION DO NOT STOP VIRAL SPREAD.

HOLA449

That is far from obvious.

What is obvious:

If there had been a gargantuan genocide, terminating the vast majority of human life on earth, transmission would have been necessarily halted by that intervention.  Selfish people were not prepared to implement this certain solution, and - as a consequence - the COVID problem remains.

It could have been easily implemented... the government could have used the phrase "self sacrifice" in place of "self isolate".  Incomprehensibly justified instructions could have been delivered by a mobile phone app to the digital subservients... and the message reinforced with blanket mainstream media coverage. "Laws" requiring compliance could have been passed by decree - bypassing the problematic hurdles of an imperfect democracy.

As this decisive step was not taken, we will need to be satisfied that the people 'COVID' killed were the patients that could otherwise have received life-saving treatment... The media reinforced a ubiquitous hysteria... and the public only emerged from their political curfew to applaud the NHS on Thursday evenings... to express approval of the preventable deaths that had been achieved by denying patients access to hospital treatment during the preceding week.

Enjoy imposing social isolation. Don't meet friends or family. Wear a mask to remind everyone who sees you that they are hopelessly socially isolated too - all the while making prominent that you are prepared to remain silent and not question the absurdity of what you're told.  Relax, staring into oblivion, and wait until the suicide rate rises... it will.

Dostoevsky, eat your heart out: your fictional dystopias have nothing on our reality.

I'm not sure what that was about, but I think you may be preaching to the converted.

I still think that if everyone had worn a mask, all the time, the spread of CV would have been reduced and lives would have been saved.

How many lives? I don't know and quite honestly I don't care, but it seems inconceivable that there is not some benefit, however small, from mask wearing and I very much doubt that mask wearing increases the Covid risk, with the possible exception of herd immunity.

Having said that, I am against compulsion. When someone asks me to do something I do my best to oblige. When someone tells me to do something it's a different matter.

HOLA4410

Forced mask wearing has been the most retarded thing about this whole Covid hype machine, and there has been a lot to choose from.

There currently exists a large study that has been carried out on masks to protect against corona virus that can't get published. The reason is it confirmed what everyone already accepted pre-covid. MASK WEARING BY THE GENERAL POPULATION DO NOT STOP VIRAL SPREAD.

Why cant it get published? If its good science it should be published, do you have a link to it?

HOLA4411

I just don’t know anymore.

I spent 2 hours in awaiting room of a NHS hospital yesterday, at times the staff were wearing their masks under their nose, or pulled down on their neck, while chatting right next to other staff, yet the public had to jump through hoops and sign a document just to let in through the main entrance. A couple of visitors were wearing filthy old disposable masks too. 

HOLA4412

It is pretty obvious to me that if everyone had worn a mask, all the time, the spread of CV would have been reduced and lives would have been saved.

However, it was apparently not obvious to our incompetent government who initially advised against the wearing of masks by the general population. From discouragement to compulsion in six months :rolleyes:.

And your evidence to support your supposition is? 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Really Count?  I like your posts and  expected more from you - this is 'spoons level of analysis.

The left of your line was based on hospital led tests (i.e people turning up to hospital are generally more ill).  The asymptomatic folks spreading it around in aren't counted here as we didn't have mass testing rolled out.

The right of your line includes mass testing (so include the asymptomatic folks) and more serious hospital cases

A fairer (but not without criticism) would be to look at deaths

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths

The death graph shows a fairly similar pattern thouvh. Where it's most obvious is where you backtrack through various countries and US states mandating masks and different times in the spring and the no change is apparent (ie the before -after comparison) even allowing for the lags is hard to see any effect.

Its possible the masks do work but where they are mandated isn't the big risk area once thought...a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Why cant it get published? If its good science it should be published, do you have a link to it?

Here's the details of the study. RCT of community masks wearing. 6000 participants, half have to wear masks in the community the other half don't. 

https://ugeskriftet.dk/dmj/face-masks-prevention-covid-19-rationale-and-design-randomised-controlled-trial-danmask-19

HOLA4419

And your evidence to support your supposition is? 

Where is your evidence to show that mask wearing is harmful?

By the way, you could make better use of your time by arguing with someone who gives a damn, one way or the other. Me, I just keep a stock of 5p masks to wear in shops etc., I'm certainly not a mask zealot, one way or the other. 

HOLA4420

Where is your evidence to show that mask wearing is harmful?

By the way, you could make better use of your time by arguing with someone who gives a damn, one way or the other. Me, I just keep a stock of 5p masks to wear in shops etc., I'm certainly not a mask zealot, one way or the other. 

Burn the mask Zealot.

HOLA4421

After decades of unjust inter-generational weath transfer via house prices who knew that it was being asked kindly to cover up your mouth and nose when in enclosed places during a once in a centennial pandemic that would fire up outrage and marches. You literaly could not make this profound stupidity from the bed-wetting anti-maskers like @TheCountOfNowhere et al up.

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Here's the details of the study. RCT of community masks wearing. 6000 participants, half have to wear masks in the community the other half don't. 

https://ugeskriftet.dk/dmj/face-masks-prevention-covid-19-rationale-and-design-randomised-controlled-trial-danmask-19

Interesting. Its solely concentrated on protection of the wearer, rather than everyone and its just the study details. I would be more interested in the paper itself.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I'm impressed with the number of armchair virologist/airborne fluid physicist/statisticians available to expose the evil ploy to control our minds / prepare us for global goat sodmisation / push house prices by making us wear a bit of fabric on our face.

We are truly safe and free with such guardians watching over us. Am surprised we haven't had a 12 film franchise built up building to a finale of 'spoons squad, Baron Br*xit, and  White Power Rangers.