House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441

1. There's no point in widespread use of a vaccine for a case of the sniffles with a miniscule death rate. Maybe those who are serious risk should take it, but not the majority of the population.

2. Bill Gates' vaccines have a lousy record.

3. Bill Gates wants to depopulate the world.

4. Bill Gate is a Friend Of Epstein. No good will come from anything they do.

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
57 minutes ago, MarkG said:

1. There's no point in widespread use of a vaccine for a case of the sniffles with a miniscule death rate. Maybe those who are serious risk should take it, but not the majority of the population.

Well I tried doing a web search on it and came up with this on Bill Gates, anti-vaxxers etc:

https://www.politico.eu/article/far-right-conspiracy-theorists-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-lockdown-protests/

One fake online rumor, accusing Microsoft founder Bill Gates of creating the virus, echoes centuries-old conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic tropes about global elites pulling the world’s strings.,,,,,,,,

Since late January, attacks against Soros and his fellow billionaire Gates have shifted to accusing the men of either spreading the virus or capitalizing on it to push a pro-vaccine agenda.

And this on the pedophillia obsession:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/why-are-right-wing-conspiracies-so-obsessed-with-pedophilia/

https://www.businessinsider.com/alt-right-obsessed-with-leftist-pedophiles-paedophilia-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

HOLA443

On the subject of vaccines, way back in March Denmark passed a "corona law" like many countries, which among other measures allows for the forced vaccination on individuals.   To make matters worse I remember seeing it on the news at the time and their parliament members cheered passing this law... and it seems -sorry seemed- such a civilized country.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200313/denmark-passes-far-reaching-emergency-coronavirus-law

Kind of reminds me of this scene 30 seconds  in (well the notion rather than the spectacle in DKs situation )

https://youtu.be/DgxZr6LLS34

HOLA444
2 hours ago, MarkG said:

3 I know Bill Gates thinks we have to stabilise the world's population but that is hardy controversial.

He also thinks the best way of stabilising the worlds population is by ending poverty, giving people security and women equal rights again not exactly controversial.    

HOLA445
50 minutes ago, nightowl said:

On the subject of vaccines, way back in March Denmark passed a "corona law" like many countries, which among other measures allows for the forced vaccination on individuals.   To make matters worse I remember seeing it on the news at the time and their parliament members cheered passing this law... and it seems -sorry seemed- such a civilized country.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200313/denmark-passes-far-reaching-emergency-coronavirus-law

Kind of reminds me of this scene 30 seconds  in (well the notion rather than the spectacle in DKs situation )

https://youtu.be/DgxZr6LLS34

Nobody should be forced to take a vaccine but equally no one has a right to go round infecting others.  

Happily there is a simple solution just let people choose whether they want the vaccine or the bug in their jab.    

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA446
HOLA447
18 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

3 I know Bill Gates thinks we have to stabilise the world's population but that is hardy controversial.

He also thinks the best way of stabilising the worlds population is by ending poverty, giving people security and women equal rights again not exactly controversial.    

Agreed, its been demonstrated time and time again. The fastest way to prosperity is to give a woman control over her reproductive system. This flies in the face of the teachings of the church, which In many many countries, is the reason why the population is growing and so is poverty. 

He was talking about Africa. But he is also right, he doesn't went genocide, he just wants stability.

HOLA448

I run a restaurant in Cambridge. Here's why we won't be reopening on 4 July

But our own approach is going to be more cautious. Vanderlyle will not be open for business as usual at the start of July. Currently, I don’t know what the odds are of us being open again before the start of next year.

With no guidance about how to reopen safely and no support network if lockdown measures need to be ratcheted up again, reopening a small independent restaurant is a gamble I cannot take.

Track and trace presents a further issue. A diner displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or who tests positive (and informs the restaurant) presents us with significant decisions – both financial and health-related – that we do not have the skills, training or information to handle correctly. It should mean a mandatory two-week shutdown (in line with the current guidance for individuals) of the restaurant to prevent any further spread. The prospect of taking reservations, stocking a kitchen, preparing a menu, calling staff back from furlough and reopening, only to have to close again at a moment’s notice, is truly terrifying.

In addition, there is the harsh economic reality of having to operate at reduced capacity. Most restaurants aren’t run to make vast profits. Most restaurants can’t make vast profits. 

#

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/23/restaurant-reopening-4-july-boris-johnson-hospitality-businesses

HOLA449

Michael Baker, the doctor who devised New Zealand’s aggressive coronavirus response, explains what inspired his successful strategy.

New Zealand has been widely praised for its aggressive response to covid-19. At the time of writing, the country had just 10 active cases. But Michael Baker, the doctor who formulated New Zealand’s elimination strategy, says that even some of his colleagues initially thought it was too radical a plan and resisted its implementation. “Some likened it to using a sledgehammer to kill a flea,” he says.

The first case of covid-19 in New Zealand was recorded on 28 February. Like most countries, it initially planned to gradually tighten its control measures as the virus gained momentum. But Baker, a public health expert at the University of Otago who is on the government’s covid-19 advisory panel, believed that this was the wrong approach. “I thought we should do it in the reverse order and throw everything at the pandemic at the start,” he says.

Baker was inspired by the World Health Organization’s report from its joint mission to China in February, which documented how the country largely contained covid-19 when it was already in full flight. This convinced Baker that New Zealand could also stop the virus from spreading and even wipe it out entirely if it implemented a strict lockdown as soon as possible.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2246858-why-new-zealand-decided-to-go-for-full-elimination-of-the-coronavirus/#ixzz6QE3XAY3y

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
12 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

He was correct it seems, for about 3 weeks, now its back, and if they carry on with lockdown who will be the winner in the long run.

But I am also interested to see how different it may behave in winter.. Which will answer a lot of questions for us next. 

HOLA4412
50 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Nobody should be forced to take a vaccine but equally no one has a right to go round infecting others.  

Happily there is a simple solution just let people choose whether they want the vaccine or the bug in their jab.    

Errrr, no you dont  -   You give them the 'option' of neither.  

Even before civil rights issues come up, imagine the fiasco if the government/big pharma vaccine poisons people long term because the vaccine was rushed?  Imagine thalidomide on a massive scale.  By the time any vaccine is proved safe its possible Covid will be a thing of history and thus redundant unless Covid20 turns up one day.

HOLA4413
13 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

He was correct it seems, for about 3 weeks, now its back, and if they carry on with lockdown who will be the winner in the long run.

But I am also interested to see how different it may behave in winter.. Which will answer a lot of questions for us next. 

NZ and China will eradicate it again within days

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Errrr, no you dont  -   You give them the 'option' of neither.  

Even before civil rights issues come up, imagine the fiasco if the government/big pharma vaccine poisons people long term because the vaccine was rushed?  Imagine thalidomide on a massive scale.  By the time any vaccine is proved safe its possible Covid will be a thing of history and thus redundant unless Covid20 turns up one day.

Don't fancy the vaccine take the bug and self isolate until you are better.

No one likes freeloaders.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Testing for this virus is not always straightforward...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-53149046

A care home worker's second positive Covid-19 test is likely to be linked to their original infection and not reinfection, NHS Highland has said.

NHS Highland said reinfection was not expected to be the cause.

A spokesman said: "Evidence is emerging internationally about Covid-19 and it is now recognised that some people have prolonged positive swab results and others can have intermittent negative and positive results over many weeks.

"An ongoing positive result does not therefore mean they are still infectious or that they pose a risk to others. This is the most likely scenario here."

HC-One also said the second positive test was likely the result of the employee's original infection and not due to a reinfection, adding that the risk of transmission was "very minimal".

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Just to clarify please. Do you mean choice between having the vaccine or getting the bug naturally?

34 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I believe you can use an inhaler.

That is actually more representative of how you would catch a virus naturally and therefore perhaps more likely to reflect similar immune response / sequence. I'm sure we can all agree that most (if not all) viruses for which there is a vaccine, do not infect people by going straight into the blood stream!

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I was amused to see the Government is allowing outdoor ice skating rinks to open from Saturday week but not outdoor swimming pools.

Have they noticed it’s July not December?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hbaldwin/status/1275401082349457408

I avoid using swimming pools too regularly due to the chlorine, which is exactly why I'd have thought swimming pools would be safe in terms of SOROS19 virus.

HOLA4421
31 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

I avoid using swimming pools too regularly due to the chlorine, which is exactly why I'd have thought swimming pools would be safe in terms of SOROS19 virus.

Can’t you name the virus correctly or something? It’s SARS-CoV-2. Covid19 is the disease. Unbelievable that 5 months into a centennial pandemic posters on here are still getting the basics incorrect. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Just to clarify please. Do you mean choice between having the vaccine or getting the bug naturally?

That is actually more representative of how you would catch a virus naturally and therefore perhaps more likely to reflect similar immune response / sequence. I'm sure we can all agree that most (if not all) viruses for which there is a vaccine, do not infect people by going straight into the blood stream!

A major route of HIV infection was sharing needles.  It also was spread in Africa by vaccination programmes. 

Let us not forget the thousands of haemophiliacs who were given hepatitis C and HIV from being injected with blood products.  This was a major scandal only a year or two back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_blood_scandal_in_the_United_Kingdom

HOLA4423
10 hours ago, winkie said:

Why would anyone wearing gloves refuse to accept cash.....just an excuse.....refuse cash refuse to shop there....legal tender.;)

Think about it, those gloves have contacted every single banknote or coin going into the till.   Those same gloves will hand out change from that till to customers.  Potentially everything handed out  in change is contaminated.  Someone has to count all the money in the till at the close of business that day.  Basically,  It's a disaster area waiting to happen.

HOLA4424
26 minutes ago, kzb said:

Think about it, those gloves have contacted every single banknote or coin going into the till.   Those same gloves will hand out change from that till to customers.  Potentially everything handed out  in change is contaminated.  Someone has to count all the money in the till at the close of business that day.  Basically,  It's a disaster area waiting to happen.

I dunno... it's like everybody having a go on the pub tart. It'll all be alright if they each wear a condom, even for the poor husband who has to 'count all the money' when she goes back home. 

Edited by Orb

HOLA4425
11 minutes ago, Orb said:

I dunno... it's like everybody having a go on the pub tart. It'll all be alright if they each wear a condom, even for the poor husband who has to 'count all the money' when she goes back home. 

When I come home from a night out I always have masses of change.  I think I'll have to boil it in future.