House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 hours ago, Exiled Canadian said:

I didn't say that.  Was just suggesting (tongue in cheek) that Brexiteers might volunteer for a P45 as part of the effort to "take back control" - given that they apparently understood the risks when they voted

The risks of an incompetent pro-EU government and a belligerent dying EU dinosaur lashing out at anything that challenges it  you mean? I think most people expected the second part, but the sheer inability of May and her team to negotiate anything of value probably took quite a few by surprise :lol: More reason to get rid of this government and the EU though IMO.

HOLA442
14 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

UK can just follow EU guidelines and make it`s products compatible for that market, surely we have had plenty of practice? The last thing the EU want as it slips into recession is a "Buy British" campaign from a market as big as ours, and the next last thing it wants to do is somehow try to punish us with legislation/tariffs, the EU electorate are not going to stand for this as they will just want to sell into our market and won`t want reprisal legislation/tariffs.

Punish?  It’s the byproduct of becoming a third country.  Punitive tariffs can’t be placed just on the UK.

HOLA443
39 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

UK can just follow EU guidelines and make it`s products compatible for that market, surely we have had plenty of practice? The last thing the EU want as it slips into recession is a "Buy British" campaign from a market as big as ours, and the next last thing it wants to do is somehow try to punish us with legislation/tariffs, the EU electorate are not going to stand for this as they will just want to sell into our market and won`t want reprisal legislation/tariffs.

Sorry - but that's unicorn thinking in this case.  We will be leaving the Single Market. This is not the EU lashing out, it is us choosing to leave.

HOLA444
51 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

How could you possibly know this? The EU and the "single market" isn`t going to be around in 20 years would be my bet if I was trying to be psychic.

In the same way I know Blackpool will not win the FA Cup next year. I could be wrong but its not likely.

Your last few posts have shown you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't claim to be anything like an expert in trade issues but have managed to move on from unconscious incompetence. Probably only as far as conscious incompetence but that's still ahead of most of the people giving us the benefit of their opinions.    

HOLA445
1 hour ago, dances with sheeple said:

The delusion and paranoia is strong in this one. 

HOLA446
17 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The delusion and paranoia is strong in this one. 

Well, after seeing the post by DwS I was thinking about the EU-Japan FTA that was subsequent to the UK referendum. I don't have the ability to soak in all the numbers but surely the EU/Japan deal could take up a lot of the slack. Again, the argument offered is the pre-referendum talk - "cars" ,"chocolate", "wine". Yeah, sure "they need us more than we need them". I'm not sure that its going play out that way. And if it doesn't then all that is left is the punished victim-hood.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

What do you think’s gonna happen?

I just can't see us going from one day full tied in to Europe, to the next day all ties cut and we drift off into the North Sea solo.......there has to be a more gradual removal of ties over a period of time so that we can damage limitation, much more talking/negotiation to be done imo......but who am I, just watch in awe and wonder what the next chapter will bring.?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
10 hours ago, pig said:

Yes precisely - there is no good outcome left it’s a matter of least worst. 

The first point is interesting - a no deal, currently being propagandized by Leave,  would screw over expats who were told ...

What is deeply saddening is retrospectively looking at the trust in the eyes of the first questioner.

If Brexit shows anything, it's the Tories are pure slime. They will still win the next election though. No wonder we are in such a state when there is so little critical thinking around. Nobody thinks, it's all about emotion and the invasion of the body snatchers.

HOLA4415
19 minutes ago, winkie said:

I just can't see us going from one day full tied in to Europe, to the next day all ties cut and we drift off into the North Sea solo.......there has to be a more gradual removal of ties over a period of time so that we can damage limitation, much more talking/negotiation to be done imo......but who am I, just watch in awe and wonder what the next chapter will bring.?

Good man. Enjoy the show!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Immigration White Paper will cost employers £1bn in red tape

The think tank’s analysis also suggests the proposed £30,000 salary threshold for skilled workers would “leave over 100,000 unfilled jobs in social care and nursing, and cause the total EU workforce to shrink by 2025 – making it very difficult for businesses to survive and expand”.

AOL

Let's take back control.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
3 minutes ago, rollover said:

Let's take back control.

That is the plan, to control inflation by increasing wages which inturn increases living costs/higher prices, higher inflation kills debt....the more old debt destroyed the more new dedt can be borrowed.....all this of course requires total faith in the pound.?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

When the EU is no more, in twenty years time, the subsequent textbooks will chronicle the hubristic decline of a utopian project that was pursued over the heads of those it was meant to benefit paying no regard to their wishes in a complete denial of democracy.

In particular the failure of the Euro will be seen as almost insane; a project that was known to be faulty and yet pursued, creating divergence with the EU and exacerbating the scandalous level of youth unemployment already existing.

Britain, which left the EU, will be seen as taking the wise decision to leave a ship that was already sinking and using the opportunity, and indeed the struggle, of leaving, to renew itself both politically and economically.

Good spoof that - glad you enjoyed it!

HOLA4423
12 hours ago, crouch said:

You seem to know an awful lot about voters, far more than I do. You'll forgive me if I'm somewhat sceptical.

You said yourself it's mostly about FOM...... ask anyone what sovereignty actually means....... you will get the old 'take back control' trotted out but nothing of any substance. Farage ffs does'nt know what it means...it's just an election tool to him to bring the hard of thinking punters in.

On the other hand your mystic meg predictions of EU'ragedon....well......?

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

You said yourself it's mostly about FOM...... ask anyone what sovereignty actually means....... you will get the old 'take back control' trotted out but nothing of any substance. Farage ffs does'nt know what it means...it's just an election tool to him to bring the hard of thinking punters in.

On the other hand your mystic meg predictions of EU'ragedon....well......?

I did not say it was mostly FOM; I said it was sovereignty and FOM.

As far as the mystic meg is concerned you're like most Remainers - utterly credulous; take anything at face value - can you not recognise a spoof when you see it posted as a contra to a Brexagedon post that was made in all seriousness?

HOLA4425