House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
On 21/05/2022 at 01:05, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

An update on the stocks for our resident salty nocoiners: 😉

FTOG-T6WIAEjHBq?format=jpg&name=medium

It depends on the above what ‘currency’ you measure the stock in. In dollars then lots of reds….in BTC then more greens. In Luna…then everything is green😉

So whilst we squabble over ETH v Gold v BTC v Stocks v £ v € v $….the big worry isn’t what dollars, shares or digital currency is worth…it’s who grows the food, who produces the energy and is there enough of it to go around.

And why is UK mainstream media hugely bias on geopolitics and if we are free why can’t we view other news outlets. Is it because there is something to hide…like perhaps the last 8 years politics and international influence in Ukraine🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I knew a war was brewing, I knew it would be manipulated to create a new East West divide to begin to enable  manufacturing to return West….and those who like BTC can have BTC and those who don’t can hold their money in £, € or $. 

Personally I think in the end it might not matter much anyway….food and fuel could be the currency and heavy manufacturing will rise in terms of economic power and redress those huge deficits. But those cheap factory jobs are a bitter pill so we will need to be able to blame the East to avoid an uprising in the West. 

So if BTC coin is the worth $100k it won’t matter if you need 1000 BTC or $100,000,000 to buy an egg. Some exaggeration but a little poetic licence💰😆  

I will buy a chicken, a cow and a field. That will be the currency of the future. 😉

Just a message of hope for everyone on this glorious weekend…

HOLA442
HOLA443
On 21/05/2022 at 22:03, lombardo said:

I reckon BTC will reach $100k by the end of 2023. And then all these naysayers will keep telling us how it's going back to $50k. Always shifting goal posts.

Yep, as always.  Just think Lazlo bought 2 pizzas 🍕 for 10,000 BTC 12 years ago. 

On 22/05/2022 at 00:15, reginekierkegaard said:

Tech stock, EM, International and long term bonds have all suffered heavy loss and some of these loses are on par with Crypto (except Luna, you will struggle to find thing worse than Luna in the last 1 month). However, my concern is for whatever reason, there is now a correlation between stock and crypto. This has not been always the case until more recently. This diminished crypto’s ability to diversify the risk of a portfolio had altered the nature of the risk adjusted return in a set portfolio. 

Long term the expectation is that as investors realise that bitcoin is not a technology stock, it will decouple from the NASDAQ.  Other crypto is irrelevant as many are soon to be declared securities. 

14 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Well a year has passed so I am revisiting this post.

The first part of @Mikhail Liebenstein's post was true - BTC has fallen from about $40,000 then to $30,000 now.

Will it really NEVER come back?  Will Biden ban Bitcoin (he doesn't seem to have yet)?

Let's come back next year...

You are not up to date.  Read the info in relation to the Executive Order.  Bitcoin is accepted a revolutionary tech by Biden, Yellen and Gensler. It can’t be banned anyway, only disrupted as the EU seem intent on doing. I never thought I say this but thank goodness, perhaps, for BrExit. 

11 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Things happening at state level in the US: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/05/05/new-york-bitcoin-mining-moratorium-proceeding-through-state-house.html

The ban will come, it isn't sustainable energy wise.

NY has yet to realise it no longer holds the ace card.  Politicians in Texas and Florida are embracing mining.  This States will become the most forward thinking and wealthiest 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
16 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

On BT many are tweeting that Hex, and Celsius (check out Cory - Swan bitcoin who predicted Luna would blow up) are next at risk.  The outflows are significant. 

Many Celsians are posting that their accounts have been suspended. 😳

It’s times like these many learn the hard way that there is only one daddy. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 20/05/2022 at 19:47, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Apple stock is down 30% from it's peak. You think that's insignificant. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cool. Let's pick the worst stock and the worst Cryptos. 

How's Luna doing?

At least Apple makes stuff, owns IP and pays a dividend (lame but better than zero). 

I think it's also fairly obvious that the tech stocks that've all seen huge chunks wiped were all expecting it. The prices rose dramatically during lockdown so I'd expect things to go back to normal.

How many Apple Stock purchasers thought they would all become billionaires by sticking a few K in there? lol

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, adarmo said:

Cool. Let's pick the worst stock and the worst Cryptos. 

How's Luna doing?

At least Apple makes stuff, owns IP and pays a dividend (lame but better than zero). 

I think it's also fairly obvious that the tech stocks that've all seen huge chunks wiped were all expecting it. The prices rose dramatically during lockdown so I'd expect things to go back to normal.

How many Apple Stock purchasers thought they would all become billionaires by sticking a few K in there? lol

Nice attempt at deflection but the point is one way or another EVERYTHING is down. 

Oh and where are the "all becoming billionaires" postings? I don't think anyone has mentioned making a billion but I'm sure you'll point me to just one. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

HOLA4412
18 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

It’s times like these many learn the hard way that there is only one daddy. 

But dominance has hardly risen. In previous bear markets it went up a lot. BTC may be the daddy but its children are becoming less weak.

HOLA4413
On 22/05/2022 at 20:06, Pop321 said:

So if BTC coin is the worth $100k it won’t matter if you need 1000 BTC or $100,000,000 to buy an egg. Some exaggeration but a little poetic licence💰😆  

I will buy a chicken, a cow and a field. That will be the currency of the future. 😉

Good points. Food and fuel are the most important commodities alongside some rare metals, fertilisers and productive land. This stagflation environment will test us to the limit. A supply chain problem is compounded by decade of loose monetary policy, geopolitical tension and deglobalisation. Things will turn ugly. An investment in any sizeable productive land will require significant capital outlay except in some farming reits perhaps. 

HOLA4414
7 hours ago, lombardo said:

But dominance has hardly risen. In previous bear markets it went up a lot. BTC may be the daddy but its children are becoming less weak.

Dominance is creeping up and is likely to quicken.  The only way bitcoin could fail long term is through a concerted effort from the East to the West.  That’s not ever gonna happen.  The quicker everyone wakes up and adds 5% - 10% of their wealth to their portfolio the more likely they will weather the financial storm that has arrived and for those with conviction, this will likely create generational wealth.  

You really must do the PoW to build conviction.  I have yet to learn of an individual putting in 100+ hours followed by writing it off as a Ponzi.  Ask yourself why. Change your mindset. 

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Dominance is creeping up and is likely to quicken.  The only way bitcoin could fail long term is through a concerted effort from the East to the West.  That’s not ever gonna happen.  The quicker everyone wakes up and adds 5% - 10% of their wealth to their portfolio the more likely they will weather the financial storm that has arrived and for those with conviction, this will likely create generational wealth.  

You really must do the PoW to build conviction.  I have yet to learn of an individual putting in 100+ hours followed by writing it off as a Ponzi.  Ask yourself why. Change your mindset. 

I would run a mile from anyone trying to persuade me to buy anything using this sort of ‘persuasion’.....

Do you sell timeshare for a living?

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Innkeeper said:

I would run a mile from anyone trying to persuade me to buy anything using this sort of ‘persuasion’.....

I think you have little faith.

On a totally separate subject if everyone adds just 5 or 10% of their wealth to Imperial Brands shares (paying a 9% dividend by the way as a sweetener) then the more my already booming share value will increase. And we can all be winners….well, mainly me but let’s not worry about detail. 

Orderly queue please….limited numbers available.

Ps….all other shares are rubbish, it’s just these shares that people ‘must get off zero on’. (Sound familiar) 

Pps….if you don’t like shares I have a time share😉

Joking aside….massive money printing, furlough, people stuck at home….this has been a recipe for a disaster with bored money trying to find a home. Many growth Stocks, digital currencies, houses, financial assets massively over inflated.

The US are creating distractions and even tried to control ‘disinformation’ by setting up its own government dept…hang on I will try get some non west media….hmmm, internet not letting me see ‘Eastern Propaganda’ for fear of filling my head with ‘disinformation’. Jeez, if only I could think for myself  

If only we had someone to blame for what is coming….oh wait, I think we can exasperate a terrible issue in Ukraine for our own gains and distraction. Sanctions, boom, sorted. 

Repatriation of manufacturing in the West will happen, had to because the US deficit is mental….sounds glorious and long term it will be. But it will hurt when HR consultants, Media Directors, Project Analysts lose jobs and need to work in ‘manufacturing’….it’s a painful process for most. 

I can hearing hissing….the bubble is being let down gently at first.

I was going to buy a chicken and a field….but I may been a barbed wire fence and machine gun turrets.

Happy Tuesday.🥳

HOLA4417
19 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Nice attempt at deflection but the point is one way or another EVERYTHING is down. 

Oh and where are the "all becoming billionaires" postings? I don't think anyone has mentioned making a billion but I'm sure you'll point me to just one. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Everything in crypto is down :D.

The deflection is you avoiding the discussing on Crypto and trying to pull in a handful of tech stocks that were also in mania territory. 

Game is up. Crypto is exposed for exactly what it is. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

There was a MonkeyPox coin?!  Seriously?!

People really need to start divorcing these pointless altcoins from Bitcoin and Ethereum in their minds.  Saying is they're both crypto is true, but so is like saying that a Van Gogh painting and a scribble drawn by my 2 year old are both art...

HOLA4420
On 23/05/2022 at 10:18, Data Dave said:

image.png.ccde71a416b9daff67d13a26d9253c33.png

Interestingly enough I was ridiculed for getting yet another BTL with some of the proceeds when I hit 7 digits (posted screenshots somewhere earlier in thread)

there are now 840 properties for rent in whole country of Ireland (probably 10% of that are scams)

what most interests me now is when to start buying crypto again, it seems I was right BTC had become the gold equivalent in crypto world, the Big daddy 

of it wasn’t for damned capital gains at point of sale if be seriously in this game now, shoulda have moved Portugal 

Edited by yelims

HOLA4421
27 minutes ago, yelims said:

Interestingly enough I was ridiculed for getting yet another BTL with some of the proceeds when I hit 7 digits (posted screenshots somewhere earlier in thread)

there are now 840 properties for rent in whole country of Ireland (probably 10% of that are scams)

what most interests me now is when to start buying crypto again, it seems I was right BTC had become the gold equivalent in crypto world, the Big daddy 

of it wasn’t for damned capital gains at point of sale if be seriously in this game now, shoulda have moved Portugal 

Smart move - if you can pay cash (no mortgage) for a rental property then you’ll be getting a return on your capital until you sell it.

An even smarter move exiting crypto with profits.

HOLA4422

I only exited 15-20% I’m in the same rollercoaster as rest of us in this thread for what I think is the 5th time since 2011

Oh well, I think I said few months it’s best to not follow closely and just check on headline news, there was a podcast on exonomist about some mooncoin or Luna something and I was like “wtf I’m getting old, never heard of this scam coin ” 😂

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, yelims said:

I only exited 15-20% I’m in the same rollercoaster as rest of us in this thread for what I think is the 5th time since 2011

Oh well, I think I said few months it’s best to not follow closely and just check on headline news, there was a podcast on exonomist about some mooncoin or Luna something and I was like “wtf I’m getting old, never heard of this scam coin ” 😂

Youve been around long enough. Luna's crash is massive news due to the amount lost and potential for litigation or criminal prosecution due to scammy / Ponzi behaviour. Bitconnect was only 2bb iirc.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/crypto/terras-luna-crypto-crash-how-ust-broke-and-whats-next/

HOLA4424
17 hours ago, Innkeeper said:

@Innkeeper

15 hours ago, Pop321 said:

I think you have little faith.

On a totally separate subject if everyone adds just 5 or 10% of their wealth to Imperial Brands shares (paying a 9% dividend by the way as a sweetener) then the more my already booming share value will increase. And we can all be winners….well, mainly me but let’s not worry about detail. 

Orderly queue please….limited numbers available.

Ps….all other shares are rubbish, it’s just these shares that people ‘must get off zero on’. (Sound familiar) 

Pps….if you don’t like shares I have a time share😉

Joking aside….massive money printing, furlough, people stuck at home….this has been a recipe for a disaster with bored money trying to find a home. Many growth Stocks, digital currencies, houses, financial assets massively over inflated.

The US are creating distractions and even tried to control ‘disinformation’ by setting up its own government dept…hang on I will try get some non west media….hmmm, internet not letting me see ‘Eastern Propaganda’ for fear of filling my head with ‘disinformation’. Jeez, if only I could think for myself  

If only we had someone to blame for what is coming….oh wait, I think we can exasperate a terrible issue in Ukraine for our own gains and distraction. Sanctions, boom, sorted. 

Repatriation of manufacturing in the West will happen, had to because the US deficit is mental….sounds glorious and long term it will be. But it will hurt when HR consultants, Media Directors, Project Analysts lose jobs and need to work in ‘manufacturing’….it’s a painful process for most. 

I can hearing hissing….the bubble is being let down gently at first.

I was going to buy a chicken and a field….but I may been a barbed wire fence and machine gun turrets.

Happy Tuesday.🥳

I’m flogging a timeshare along with Fidelity who has 4.2 trillion dollars of AUM. 

Ignore Fidelity’s advice to explore bitcoin further, at your peril. 

@Pop321 and @Innkeeper

Edited by Buffer Bear
To add 4.2 trillion AUM! 😄

HOLA4425