House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I can see your thinking in taking a punt as I bought a shit load of ETH when it was worth pennies on the off chance it would moon. Besides like you say 20 squid is nothing and it’s given you some Crypto entertainment. (which is the best form of entertainment IMHO) The trouble is with the crash the LUNA brand is dust. Are people gonna buy in in case they get burnt again? I’m not too sure. But good luck whatever transpires. 👍

It's just a punt... it's nothing more than putting £20 on a horse. It's cool either way... although one way, is way cooler than the other!

HOLA442
9 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I can see your thinking in taking a punt as I bought a shit load of ETH when it was worth pennies on the off chance it would moon. Besides like you say 20 squid is nothing and it’s given you some Crypto entertainment. (which is the best form of entertainment IMHO) The trouble is with the crash the LUNA brand is dust. Are people gonna buy in in case they get burnt again? I’m not too sure. But good luck whatever transpires. 👍

The brand is severely damaged. There is allegedly 1.7 billion of worth of Bitcoins in the Luna foundation guard, gone unaccounted for. Do Kwon had made a statement about reviving Terra without UST. How and if he can do it, I do not know? But I do want to know if they have dedicated to the cause and spend every last Bitcoin to defend the peg or if someone, somewhere had pocketed the money? 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Kraken had halted any Luna purchases earlier, but they're back on now. You guys have persuaded me. I am now the proud owner of 400,000 of the little feckers.

HOLA447
HOLA448
14 minutes ago, longgone said:

How much worthless fiat is required.

That was about 130 quid I think. It's only a fifth of the cost of the Lego AT-AT that I have my eye on, so happy to give it a punt.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 13/05/2022 at 10:30, hotblack42 said:

Can you not see the problem with engaging with an instrument that takes that much time for a smart person to get their head around?

That's about £60,000-100,000 worth of my time depending what I'm up to.

It's called PoW.  If you don't do it, there is a chance you will get left behind.  Those who do are early adopters and will be rewarded for hodling.  You will find many are buying BTC without understanding but as many say, you don't have to understand how a car works before purchasing one.

We witnessed this with retail buying late 2020 into spring 2021.  Many FOMO'd in.  This pattern will be repeated. Institutions will pile in if the accounting rules (FASB) are changed and a project has been set up to consider this.  One day you will wake up to hear another company, institution or sovereign fund has bought $1bn+ BTC and the price will spike.  Why wait.  You have a chance to front-run and owing to the asymmetry, you only need to risk 1% - %5 of your wealth.  What's there not to like?

It really is worth taking a closer look at this technology.  Reading the Bitcoin Standard a doing a 10 hours will get you to a point where you will know whether there is something BIGGER to be understood.  I have yet to hear someone who has done the work continue to believe it is a Ponzi.

There is an incredible amount of development happening in the bitcoin ecosystem.  You only need to watch a few hours of the open source development stage presentations at the bitcoin conference to understand this is revolutionary technology. 

I think anyone who cares about protecting their wealth and family needs to get off zero.  A negligible amount can make a significant difference to a traditional portfolio - bonds are not doing so well so the traditional structure will change, more than likely. 

2 hours ago, lombardo said:

Luna has a very high market cap. It's unlikely to increase in price a lot even if all inflation is stopped.

The word is that for Luna to achieve $1, a $6t market cap is required.  It's over.  They are printing more than the Fed at this point!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425