House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
10 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

It took him 10 hours a day for 6 months.

Can you not see the problem with engaging with an instrument that takes that much time for a smart person to get their head around?

That's about £60,000-100,000 worth of my time depending what I'm up to.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The Luna shitcoin fiasco will just encourage more investing into the daddy, Bitcoin.

I've just bought 300,000 LUNA... how much of a recovery does it need to make to turn that into significant money?

HOLA447

6 weeks ago my 300,000 LUNA was worth $34,800,000. Even if it goes to $0.10 it's worth $30K, if it goes to $0.50 it's worth $150K... $1/LUNA means $300K and that's still a 99% loss from the top, so tragic for those who bought the top, but when you look at it from the bottom, there's potentially large gains. I appreciate it's a punt... but for £20... who cares?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, warpig said:

6 weeks ago my 300,000 LUNA was worth $34,800,000. Even if it goes to $0.10 it's worth $30K, if it goes to $0.50 it's worth $150K... $1/LUNA means $300K and that's still a 99% loss from the top, so tragic for those who bought the top, but when you look at it from the bottom, there's potentially large gains. I appreciate it's a punt... but for £20... who cares?

So I take it you're not a veteran of the Nasdaq crash or the previous crypto winter? Stuff that is dead, remains dead. You'd be better off snorting £20 of coke.

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I thought exchanges were removing it? 

I just looked, i only use PayPal, Revolut and EToro.. but you can't buy it on any of those.

I wanted to put 50quid in, just because it has that outside chance to go a bit mad!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
5 hours ago, warpig said:

The blockchain is on halt. So it cannot be traded. The Luna foundation guard had sold billions of their Bitcoin’s reserve and this had driven down the price of BTC. UST demonstrated the failure of algorithmic stable coin in favour of centralised one with a dollar reserve. There could be more regulations in the future. It is a Lehman moment of collateralised debt obligation in the crypto world. 

Anchor was offering in excess of 10pc interest on UST. This drove up demands for UST and burned Luna. Luna’s price hiked exponentially and only to come crashing down.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I thought exchanges were removing it? 

Apparently there was a bug that allowed "someone" to print an extra 11% of the coins, but the bug has been fixed and patched and the additional coins burned off. It's back to normal again... Kraken are still trading it, but it's only been trading again for the last 10 hours.

HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

So I take it you're not a veteran of the Nasdaq crash or the previous crypto winter? Stuff that is dead, remains dead. You'd be better off snorting £20 of coke.

To be seen... but it's already caused enough entertainment tonight, dreaming about the motorbikes and cars I'll buy if it comes back to even 10 cents, that I've already had my money's worth. $5 buys you 50,000 LUNA, if it goes back up to $0.10/LUNA which is circa 1/1000 of its previous high, that's still circa $5,000 profit for the cost of a pint. Gotta be worth the risk...

HOLA4423
30 minutes ago, reginekierkegaard said:

The blockchain is on halt. So it cannot be traded. The Luna foundation guard had sold billions of their Bitcoin’s reserve and this had driven down the price of BTC. UST demonstrated the failure of algorithmic stable coin in favour of centralised one with a dollar reserve. There could be more regulations in the future. It is a Lehman moment of collateralised debt obligation in the crypto world. 

Anchor was offering in excess of 10pc interest on UST. This drove up demands for UST and burned Luna. Luna’s price hiked exponentially and only to come crashing down.

Do you expect the price of LUNA to recover?

HOLA4424
36 minutes ago, warpig said:

To be seen... but it's already caused enough entertainment tonight, dreaming about the motorbikes and cars I'll buy if it comes back to even 10 cents, that I've already had my money's worth. $5 buys you 50,000 LUNA, if it goes back up to $0.10/LUNA which is circa 1/1000 of its previous high, that's still circa $5,000 profit for the cost of a pint. Gotta be worth the risk...

29 minutes ago, warpig said:

Do you expect the price of LUNA to recover?

I can see your thinking in taking a punt as I bought a shit load of ETH when it was worth pennies on the off chance it would moon. Besides like you say 20 squid is nothing and it’s given you some Crypto entertainment. (which is the best form of entertainment IMHO) The trouble is with the crash the LUNA brand is dust. Are people gonna buy in in case they get burnt again? I’m not too sure. But good luck whatever transpires. 👍

HOLA4425
6 hours ago, reginekierkegaard said:

And every one said Hex was a scam, and it's still working flawlessly and Still up 2.5 x from where i bought it 12 months ago, despite the general crypto bloodbath. And paying 11% pcm in Hex interest for 2 month stakes, more for longer.