HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
22 hours ago, henry the king said:

Their reserves are their pretend tokens they say are worth money.

The whole crypto space is a ponzi.

No they're not. Their reserves are someone else's pretend tokens they say are worth the money. Get it right.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 19/12/2022 at 08:08, nero120 said:

Without a trusted, independent audit how do you know what their reserves are? Not a good sign if the auditors are getting nervous...

Mazars did Binances last audit. They have announced they were withdrawing from all crypto audits, not just Binance. surely worried about being left holding the can for having signed off on a industry level fraud. thats leaves no credible audit or assurance company working in crypto.

headlines like the following surely indicate Binance is just another FTX

"Binance's former chief financial officer did not have access to the company's full accounts during his three-year tenure, report says"

Edited by regprentice

HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, regprentice said:

Mazars did Binances last audit. They have announced they were withdrawing from all crypto audits, not just Binance. surely worried about being left holding the can for having signed off on a industry level fraud. thats leaves no credible audit or assurance company working in crypto.

headlines like the following surely indicate Binance is just another FTX

"Binance's former chief financial officer did not have access to the company's full accounts during his three-year tenure, report says"

I wonder if they are using QuickBooks like FTX who would sign off an audit on this nonsense.. Shame on mazars if they did historically 

HOLA4412
23 hours ago, henry the king said:

Their reserves are their pretend tokens they say are worth money.

The whole crypto space is a ponzi.

I've said this for a while, but many on here will disagree!!

Interestingly, I have noticed increasingly desperate email marketing from Binance.

$10 worth of free crypto type stuff.

I''m pretty certain they are heading down.

HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I've said this for a while, but many on here will disagree!!

Interestingly, I have noticed increasingly desperate email marketing from Binance.

$10 worth of free crypto type stuff.

I''m pretty certain they are heading down.

And for the record I am pretty much fully out of Crypto now. Some trailing balances on the XRP ledger as every address has a minimum reserve, and about £9 on Coinbase.

Not really touched Crypto for 18 months as it got boring.

HOLA4414

But but but, Binance is one of the safer exchanges compared to others - I've seen the adverts. It keeps a secure asset fund for its users ?

Oh hang on, reading more carefully that's something of a smoke screen, your coins are protected only by other coins at whatever the market decides is their value. Oh dear, what a house of cards this seems to be.

"Funds are SAFU" seems in reality to mean FA

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Coinbase, next, is my guess. I dont see the fact other exchanges having issues as a net pos for COIN.

The Feb '23 $35 Puts are trading around $5.80. Very good risk/reward. If it shits the bed too the move could be rapid.  

Would also agree that it could just as easily be coinbase next

HOLA4417

LOTS of reasons to get out of crypto now, for those still in this game... before it is too late.

a) fraud (FTX is not the last)

b) pending US regulation (UK, EU to follow)

c) failing exchanges and lack of liquidity for withdrawals

d) general monetary tightening.    Whether Cryto qualifies a a ponzi... rather than an asset bubble (cos' cheap money needs a home)... is irrelevant

e) lack of real-world utility.   this issue is IMHO critically important.

It was quite a nice ride whilst it lasted, and there will be another crypto cycle in 2024/2025+  ... but there is no sense in being in crypto in 2023... and for those reasons, the time is to leave this asset class, whilst there are still an exit paths (e.g. crypto exchanges) to convert coins back to fiat.

HOLA4418
On 19/12/2022 at 08:08, nero120 said:

Without a trusted, independent audit how do you know what their reserves are? Not a good sign if the auditors are getting nervous...

It's all on chain. It's public. 

The controversy isn't about their reserves bu their liabilities. 

HOLA4419
On 20/12/2022 at 20:43, nuts said:

LOTS of reasons to get out of crypto now, for those still in this game... before it is too late.

a) fraud (FTX is not the last)

b) pending US regulation (UK, EU to follow)

c) failing exchanges and lack of liquidity for withdrawals

d) general monetary tightening.    Whether Cryto qualifies a a ponzi... rather than an asset bubble (cos' cheap money needs a home)... is irrelevant

e) lack of real-world utility.   this issue is IMHO critically important.

It was quite a nice ride whilst it lasted, and there will be another crypto cycle in 2024/2025+  ... but there is no sense in being in crypto in 2023... and for those reasons, the time is to leave this asset class, whilst there are still an exit paths (e.g. crypto exchanges) to convert coins back to fiat.

Good luck, be sure to post back when the bottom is in and it's time to pile back in, there's a good chap. 

HOLA4420
On 20/12/2022 at 14:41, Data Dave said:

Coinbase, next, is my guess. I dont see the fact other exchanges having issues as a net pos for COIN.

The Feb '23 $35 Puts are trading around $5.80. Very good risk/reward. If it shits the bed too the move could be rapid.  

Coinbase has been around since 2012. Unlike FTX.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
  • 8 months later...
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
19 minutes ago, msi said:

FTX: 'King of Crypto' parents sued over missing millions

The parents of FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried are being sued for money they allegedly received improperly from the crypto firm ahead of its collapse.

Bankman-Fried used $100 mln in stolen FTX funds for political donations, US says

https://www.reuters.com/legal/bankman-fried-used-customer-funds-100-mln-us-political-donations-prosecutors-say-2023-08-14/

FTX-ponzi-Sam-Bankman-Fried-Blair-Clinton-WEF-3820535300.jpg

HOLA4425