House Price Crash Forum

Benefits of Brexit

Pmax2020

HOLA441
6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

That's a very succinct way of proving you know nothing at all about the subject.

They were doing it, I am absolutely correct on that one.

6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Pre the referendum forecasters were expecting the UK to match US growth, in 2015 one even said the UK was entering a olden decade.  

But that is delusional.  It's those same ideas that are used in the doppleganger studies.

Do you feel that any country in the EU is entering a golden age at the moment?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
10 minutes ago, msi said:

UK worker shortfall due to Brexit curbs estimated at 330,000

Perhaps our rabid Gammonatti can take a second job 'for the good of the country' ?

I don't understand why these Brex_hiteer vegetables are not out in the fields picking the rotten vegetables. They didn't want the EE picking them for them so why are they not snapping up these jobs?

HOLA446
  • 5 months later...
HOLA447
4 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Ooh dear. All that inflation because of my Brexit vote. I wonder what the BoE will have to do to sort that out, and what the effect will be in other areas of the economy ;)

Brexit is to blame for inflation, claims Mark Carney

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/06/16/mark-carney-interview-brexit-inflation-interest-rates/

Sorry guys, meant to post it in this thread. Mea culpa. I think it fits in either, but probably a better fit for this one :)

HOLA448

The BBC are also pondering this. It surprises me that in one of 20 similar threads, Vodafone increasing roaming charges by £15 for a fortnight garnered 3 pages of excitable comments, but all of this Brexit 'bad' news barely raises an eyebrow.

Must be the heat ;)

Is Brexit behind the UK's inflation shock?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65962027

"Meanwhile, the end of free movement means 330,000 fewer workers in the UK, according to one estimate from economists at the Centre for European Reform.

That is 1% of the workforce, but it is hitting some sectors harder than others - transport, hospitality and retail are all seeing more acute staff shortages.

Such employers tend to have to offer larger pay rises to attract and keep staff. While that is good news for those in work, who might have scored a bigger pay rise than they would have done otherwise, those costs are often passed on to customers." :ph34r:

HOLA449

Brexit could be blamed for the upcoming house price crash too....wouldn't that be terrible :lol:

• 2 months later...
HOLA4410

:D

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4411
On 17/01/2023 at 09:52, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I don't understand why these Brex_hiteer vegetables are not out in the fields picking the rotten vegetables. They didn't want the EE picking them for them so why are they not snapping up these jobs?

There would be plenty of takers... if the compensation package was right.

HOLA4412
35 minutes ago, A.steve said:

There would be plenty of takers... if the compensation package was right.

That reminds me.

Jobcentre Plus

Search "vegetable picker" in Norfolk:

Result:  No results found

Search "fruit picker" in Wiltshire.

Result: No results found

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, kzb said:

That reminds me.

Jobcentre Plus

Is that because Jobcentre Plus can't get the staff they need to list these critical unfilled vacancies?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
22 hours ago, kzb said:

That reminds me.

Jobcentre Plus

Nothing less than transport, free accommodation and lots of joined up organisation will fix this problem. Also letting people back on benefits between seasons etc. Job centres abandoned even matching people up with jobs back in Thatchers era so haven't the collective wherewithal to do it. This was imposed on them in order to blame unemployment on the victims when we had 20% unemployment. 

HOLA4417
16 minutes ago, steve99 said:

Nothing less than transport, free accommodation and lots of joined up organisation will fix this problem. Also letting people back on benefits between seasons etc. Job centres abandoned even matching people up with jobs back in Thatchers era so haven't the collective wherewithal to do it. This was imposed on them in order to blame unemployment on the victims when we had 20% unemployment. 

I'm wondering why the supposed thousands of vacancies are not being advertised, simple as that.  How do they expect to get staff if they don't even advertise ?

HOLA4418
50 minutes ago, steve99 said:

Getting job seekers to do this work has been tried several times, once even giving the farmers the "workers" for free. Each time it failed with either the recruited staff refusing to do the job or the farmers deciding the speed and quality of the work done was not good enough.

It is not surprising really, as the people doing this need to be physically fit hard workers prepared to work anti social hours and follow the work around. 

The obvious question is why would people like this be signing on at a job centre.

I did explain all this before to kzb but he seems to have the memory of a goldfish.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
10 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

We have a corrupt system that needs people on the dole but then vilifies them for it.

All about control and making people feel desperate.  Human beings are actually disgusting animals, when you get right down to the bottom line.

A nuclear war is needed to clear the decks imo.

If the current WW3 moves from financial (and I hope it doesn’t) to actual then some will still blame numerous culprits as identified by MSM. 

It’s a big world out there, bigger than the Brexit side issue….won’t matter which puppets we have in power in the UK our path is already laid out.

Countries that have and utilise their natural resources and/or produce stuff will strengthen. Those without natural resources and consume stuff are on borrowed money and borrowed time.

So not to worry….a few globalists (East and West) are looking to sort it all out for us, directly or by proxy….I hope they fail  otherwise 🚀🚀

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, Pop321 said:

Countries that have and utilise their natural resources and/or produce stuff will strengthen. Those without natural resources and consume stuff are on borrowed money and borrowed time.

This seems strangely radical and counter to the received wisdom... yet its very hard to disagree with

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, erat_forte said:

This seems strangely radical and counter to the received wisdom... yet its very hard to disagree with

True because natural resources including skills, innovation and wisdom of a nation are more valuable than fiat money, many will say you can keep it......if people think others will gladly keep wanting to accept currency for resources they won't......rice to some countries more valuable than anyone's money.😉

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

EU Food Standards News

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230913-sardine-dish-poisons-to-death-diner-in-france

At Bordeaux's Pellegrin hospital, Dr Benjamin Clouzeau said the woman had checked into a hospital near Paris after travelling back with her partner. She returned home and died there. Her partner remains in intensive care.

In total 12 people were still receiving emergency treatment Wednesday, health services said. Five were on respiratory support.

They include American, Irish, German and Canadian nationals,

All of them had eaten at the restaurant, the "Tchin Tchin Wine Bar" between September 4 and 10

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, kzb said:

EU Food Standards News

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230913-sardine-dish-poisons-to-death-diner-in-france

At Bordeaux's Pellegrin hospital, Dr Benjamin Clouzeau said the woman had checked into a hospital near Paris after travelling back with her partner. She returned home and died there. Her partner remains in intensive care.

In total 12 people were still receiving emergency treatment Wednesday, health services said. Five were on respiratory support.

They include American, Irish, German and Canadian nationals,

All of them had eaten at the restaurant, the "Tchin Tchin Wine Bar" between September 4 and 10

When I first drove across France back in the day, I wondered why a country with "the best food in the World" would have a Macci Ds.... + most eating places in France seem empty.

Now I know why :(