• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
4 minutes ago, winkie said:

There are no benefits to brexit.....been a total nightmare.;)

Bit harsh.

On a personal level a Brexit related company restructuring has resulted in regular trips to places I like visiting. Even got GGL status with BA (that's the level they start being nice to you) and more airmiles/hotel points than I know what to do with.

HOLA445
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Bit harsh.

On a personal level a Brexit related company restructuring has resulted in regular trips to places I like visiting. Even got GGL status with BA (that's the level they start being nice to you) and more airmiles/hotel points than I know what to do with.

Glad it is working for you.......any deals yet.;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
46 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Overall it's had no real impact on me. I think that's the case for most people who voted against it. 

Doing deals is not really my area.  

Most people directly no impact, indirectly more likely.......others it has impacted directly, very different people from different places differently.;)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
18 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Bit harsh.

Bully for you.  Sort of like undertakers at the height of the pandemic. 

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, steve99 said:

Bully for you.  Sort of like undertakers at the height of the pandemic. 

Lots of people are benefitting from not being in the EU on a personal level, just like lots of people benefitted from being in the EU on a personal level. It is understandable that those now not benefitting are bitter and angry towards those who are. Perhaps if those benefitting pre-Brexit had paid more interest and concern towards those who weren't, then compromises over EU membership could have been worked at . Too late for that now mind, mainly due to the complete inconsideration towards those not benefitting by the I'm Alright Jacks who were. 

HOLA4413
21 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

This thread seems to have died a death, I wonder why that is.

Maybe people have got over it ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
20 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Bit harsh.

That's super clown news. So people and goods are flying further afield thus polluting more. Great for the planet. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
14 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Maybe people have got over it ;)

I think this is a case of someone who hasn't got over it getting frustrated at the lack of opportunity to post about how much they aren't over it and so decided to try and get an old thread moving again so they could once again post about how much they are not over it 🙂

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Cocha said:

Lots of people are benefitting from not being in the EU on a personal level, just like lots of people benefitted from being in the EU on a personal level. It is understandable that those now not benefitting are bitter and angry towards those who are. Perhaps if those benefitting pre-Brexit had paid more interest and concern towards those who weren't, then compromises over EU membership could have been worked at . Too late for that now mind, mainly due to the complete inconsideration towards those not benefitting by the I'm Alright Jacks who were. 

Invalid argument. The party most brexiters voted for was the Conservative Party, pretty much the opposite of who you'd vote for if you cared about poor people.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Invalid argument. The party most brexiters voted for was the Conservative Party, pretty much the opposite of who you'd vote for if you cared about poor people.

It's not an argument. And for those most affected by such issues as FoM, neither side of the Kleptocratic Duopoly of Westminster cared about them as the reds and the blues were both pro-EU. That is why there was a surge for UKIP which is what ultimately gained us the referendum. 

Edited by Cocha

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Voted Conservative most of my life......never voted Labour,

This Conservative Government needs help.....they are totally useless......they do not care about anyone apart from those that help them, those that they listen to ......... They are not interested in anyone else....... completely hopeless.

Who got conned?

Big time.;)

HOLA4422
3 minutes ago, winkie said:

Voted Conservative most of my life......never voted Labour,

This Conservative Government needs help.....they are totally useless......they do not care about anyone apart from those that help them, those that they listen to ......... They are not interested in anyone else....... completely hopeless.

Who got conned?

Big time.;)

I agree. And Labour have been the same, hence eventually losing the red wall. They stopped giving a toss about those they were most supposed to represent. Now they show actual contempt towards the working lower class and have done for years. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Cocha said:

I agree. And Labour have been the same, hence eventually losing the red wall. They stopped giving a toss about those they were most supposed to represent. Now they show actual contempt towards the working lower class and have done for years. 

Are you working 'lower class'?.......working people are not in my book lower class.....although some of the upper lower class might think they are...;)

HOLA4425