House Price Crash Forum

Mumsnet bricking it over interest rates

crazypabs

HOLA441
55 minutes ago, HousePriceTooHigh said:

Who's gonna tell them? 

I don't think many families with 3 or more kids would be put off a 5 bed new build.

What the goddam f*** is a single woman / single mother doing in a 5 bed anyway?  I'm assuming she doesn't have 4+ kids.

Doesn't need the money to buy next home, moving in with partner.  There's some right greedy c**ts on that site, which is a shame, because a lot of the other women are quite shrewd and realistic.

Edited by hotblack42
clarify

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/cost_of_living/4662570-texting-men-for-money

I don’t know if it’s weird or odd but I just found this app that seems to pay 4p per message, men have to pay and women get the ‘coins’

Im single and would be dating on tinder or pof or something anyway when I’m bored

Would you try it?

(ps if you would try it please use my referral code but not the point of the post, just looking for more ways to make money atm

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4662586-to-force-dh-to-sleep-on-the-sofa-for-a-week-minimum?page=1

Okay fine I’ll just say.

So my name is Liz or Elizabeth but nobody ever calls me that.

We we’re building furniture together and he leaned in and jokingly sniffed me, then he said

’Oooh, someones a sweaty betty!’

And he knows I get paranoid about how much I sweat. And I’ve told him explicitly that I hate being called Bet or Betty so the whole situation is crazy that he thought saying this to me was appropriate.

🤣batchit crazy thank god i'm single.

HOLA443
18 minutes ago, longgone said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/cost_of_living/4662570-texting-men-for-money

I don’t know if it’s weird or odd but I just found this app that seems to pay 4p per message, men have to pay and women get the ‘coins’

Im single and would be dating on tinder or pof or something anyway when I’m bored

Would you try it?

(ps if you would try it please use my referral code but not the point of the post, just looking for more ways to make money atm

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4662586-to-force-dh-to-sleep-on-the-sofa-for-a-week-minimum?page=1

Okay fine I’ll just say.

So my name is Liz or Elizabeth but nobody ever calls me that.

We we’re building furniture together and he leaned in and jokingly sniffed me, then he said

’Oooh, someones a sweaty betty!’

And he knows I get paranoid about how much I sweat. And I’ve told him explicitly that I hate being called Bet or Betty so the whole situation is crazy that he thought saying this to me was appropriate.

🤣batchit crazy thank god i'm single.

I'm currently reading through this thread, a page or two per night, should take me a year, but some of it's making me laugh out loud, and very glad I'm perpetually single. 

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Orb said:

I'm currently reading through this thread, a page or two per night, should take me a year, but some of it's making me laugh out loud, and very glad I'm perpetually single. 

They are nuts, but a few are windup posts no doubt to bring the worst out in them.

There are Hpc members posting here 

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/property/4660852-mortgage-rates-have-fallen?page=1

HOLA445
HOLA446

I have a £200k mortgage. When aI remortgage I will end up paying around £500 a month more. I can just about manage I think although there will be nothing left at the end of the month and we might need to go into our savings. 
how would people who are just about coping deal with an increase in monthly payments

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4665379-how-can-people-afford-to-remortgage

HOLA447
35 minutes ago, hurlerontheditch said:

JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth · Yesterday 09:27

We're in the same position. We locked in a decent interest rate a few months ago but because that lender won't do a longer term we'll be paying an extra 500pm. The mortgage will end sooner but will cost us more every month. Because of the recent shit show we can't shop around, there are no better options. Our utilities want an extra 400pm too...

SpookyPanda · Yesterday 09:33

We won't [remortgage]. We'll be screwed.

Italiandreams · Yesterday 09:39

We will need to pay an extra £700, plus a few hundred more in fuel than when we bought, more in food, childcare, fuel, rising costs mean well over £1000 more. We were absolutely comfortable before but finding upwards of £1200 extra is massive. Stress tests did not test for the extremes this current situations has provided.

Nowheretoogo · Yesterday 09:52

Our deal ends in November next year,we are dreading it,yes we were stress tested but that was before everything went up ,dh is already working 7 days a week now!

Ilikeviognier · Yesterday 10:02

We”re remortgaging in July and I’m very very worried. I even debated paying the ERCs earlier in the year but dithered too long and missed the boat. It’s all looking very scary right now.

Happycow · Yesterday 09:13

Quite simply, they (we?) wont. Unless something changes, i fear this is the very beginning of what will be an awful few years for some people

That's just a choice selection, curated for your shock and disbelief from page 1. There are 6 pages more :ph34r:

Edited by Huggy

HOLA448
HOLA449
39 minutes ago, Huggy said:

That's just a choice selection, curated for your shock and disbelief from page 1. There are 6 pages more :ph34r:

Nowheretoogo · Yesterday 09:52 

Our deal ends in November next year,we are dreading it,yes we were stress tested but that was before everything went up ,dh is already working 7 days a week now!

Isn't the point of stress testing to check you can still afford it if "everything goes up".  Some people are frighteningly stupid.

HOLA4410
50 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Gatekeeping has become a byword for something negative and authoritarian but by golly gosh, gatekeeping PROTECTS people. 

I feel for the children in every one of the households that will be at breaking point this winter. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Awcb · 17/06/2022 16:28

Our buyers paid top dollar, 45k over asking on a 250k house, and im sure that it the market drops and we keep them hanging around whilst we search, we're terrified of losing them and going through it all over again!
Never Again eh? 🤣..... think we said that last time!!!

So your buyers didn’t pay anything then because you haven’t actually sold have you?  These people are sooooo stupid sometimes 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 minute ago, btd1981 said:

And now this from another old school friend. They're not even being ironic!?!? My Facebook feed is absolute gold this morning 🤪

Screenshot_20221101-104121_Facebook.jpg

Actually that is quite a smart idea. The yellow phallic icon however had me puzzled.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
20 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

"I've been SSTC to one buyer or another for over a year and trying to find an onward property for that whole time. 80+ houses viewed in one postcode area that I feel I know like the back of my hand now.

Just so little on the market full stop and it's getting worse not better."

Me thinks the Estate Agent trolls are lying to those poor women.

HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I wonder if there will be a "mumsnet bricking it over the housing market collapse" thread soon.

"Not where I am. Decent stuff and anything even half decent is still getting a full open day of viewings and best and final offers with bids going 10% over and more. Lack of supply is the issue."

This is like the knight in Monty Python. Having lost his arms and legs he insisted on carrying on the fight. People cannot pay 10% over asking price today on valuations which were reached when interest rates were 75% lower. 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, 70PC said:

"Not where I am. Decent stuff and anything even half decent is still getting a full open day of viewings and best and final offers with bids going 10% over and more. Lack of supply is the issue."

This is like the knight in Monty Python. Having lost his arms and legs he insisted on carrying on the fight. People cannot pay 10% over asking price today on valuations which were reached when interest rates were 75% lower. 

I think you are underestimating the numbers of buyers out there who can still pay 10% over asking should they wish too. Average LTV including cash buyers is significantly under 50% in most 'decent' areas.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, mynamehere said:

I think you are underestimating the numbers of buyers out there who can still pay 10% over asking should they wish too. Average LTV including cash buyers is significantly under 50% in most 'decent' areas.

I am sure there is truth in what you say but property values are dictated  by the market. Prices exploded on the back of falling interest rates but that trend has gone into reverse. Some people can and will still buy. Many won't at these prices and borrowing rates.   

HOLA4424
HOLA4425