House Price Crash Forum

Starting to get a bit bored with all this doom and gloom

reddog

HOLA441
8 hours ago, henry the king said:

The magic money tree is going to be shaken hard in a few weeks. It will stop any recession for now.

Ideally house prices will still decline because the stimulus will be aimed at lower earners and any stimulus will encourage the BoE to go much faster with rate rises.

It won’t work. These energy prices are going to be with us for years. One year of support for businesses and homes is far more than the covid bailouts. It’s not sustainable, our standard of living is going to drop and I think we are just going to have to suck it up. Either now or in a year when we realise we can’t keep shaking the magic money tree.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
8 minutes ago, MancTom said:

Either now or in a year when we realise we can’t keep shaking the magic money tree.

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)

HOLA443
13 minutes ago, winkie said:

Turn it into something else to reduce the devaluation.;)

Good idea.

Bicoin. Oops it's worth nothing now.

I do know what you mean winkie. Something that always holds its value and is very useful. Lets all buy houses. Why didn't we all think of this before?

HOLA444
15 minutes ago, MancTom said:

It won’t work. These energy prices are going to be with us for years. One year of support for businesses and homes is far more than the covid bailouts. It’s not sustainable, our standard of living is going to drop and I think we are just going to have to suck it up. Either now or in a year when we realise we can’t keep shaking the magic money tree.

They need to get fracking and it will be fine

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

Good idea.

Bicoin. Oops it's worth nothing now.

I do know what you mean winkie. Something that always holds its value and is very useful. Lets all buy houses. Why didn't we all think of this before?

No never put all your eggs in what could be a basket case....... diversity is key.;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, henry the king said:

They need to get fracking and it will be fine

Cut a deal, demilitarise eastern Europe, open Nord Stream 2. 
Use the money saved to transition the world off fossil fuels within a decade.

HOLA4411
9 minutes ago, DarkHorseWaits-NoMore said:

+1

And tell the yanks and NATO to go f**k themselves.

It's what Jeremy would do. 👍

HOLA4412
11 hours ago, DarkHorseWaits-NoMore said:

Great theory but:

1. Russia not interested in any deal atm & nor is Ukraine with each new day Russia continues to attack. Its between those two.

2.Demilitarise Eastern Europe - that's for EE countries to decide not to be dictated to and givenRussia invaded one and that is extremely unlikely. They have their own armies, as NATO members they are asking for NATO forces to protect them. Its daft to think they will trust Russia

3. Open Nordstream 2 to wean Europe off fossil fuels? Why do you think Putin launched this operation now? Its because countries are de-carbonising and his leverage will be much reduced in a few years.

Gas is a weapon, he is going to use it to try and strangle Europe as long as he can. Nobody is stupid enough to jump on that wagon again.

HOLA4413
11 hours ago, zugzwang said:

+1

And tell the yanks and NATO to go f**k themselves.

It's what Jeremy would do. 👍

You are writing fan fiction again I see.

Corbyn wants peace but even he isn't as daft as your 'evil West' narrative trips try and paint it.

The fact is for Eastern Europe the threat they see comes from the East not the West. Its Russia knocking at their doors.

Just like in SEA the nations largely see the threat as coming from the PRC not the West and they look to the US for help.

That's reality not fantasyland.

You need to re-enter the real world - the last place asked to demilitarise somewhere was China on rocks it claimed in the Yellow Sea. It promised it would. It then started construction on them in breach of UNCLOS and has ignored the court case brought by neighbours about it annexing and militarising rocks and forming bases.

HOLA4414

@Staffsknot you're in the wrong thread, the anti-Russian propaganda thread is here.

@zugzwang sees the world for how it is, I.e. competing global interests and the fact is Russia has the west by the short and curlys, more because of our own stupidity, corruption and incompetence than Putin's cleverness, but he has certainly played his hand well.

Europe will cave in to Russia eventually, they are not going to freeze/starve just so that the yanks can export much more expensive LNG to them (and so that us Brits, or our elites, can feed our insane anti-Russian addiction).

When this happens the yanks and the Brits will scream and wail, but it will change nothing. Our influence in the world will have been diminished and likely we will spend the next 50-100 years in relative humility.

HOLA4415
40 minutes ago, nero120 said:

@Staffsknot you're in the wrong thread, the anti-Russian propaganda thread is here.

@zugzwang sees the world for how it is, I.e. competing global interests and the fact is Russia has the west by the short and curlys, more because of our own stupidity, corruption and incompetence than Putin's cleverness, but he has certainly played his hand well.

Europe will cave in to Russia eventually, they are not going to freeze/starve just so that the yanks can export much more expensive LNG to them (and so that us Brits, or our elites, can feed our insane anti-Russian addiction).

When this happens the yanks and the Brits will scream and wail, but it will change nothing. Our influence in the world will have been diminished and likely we will spend the next 50-100 years in relative humility.

Yeah right. That's just what Europe did when the Adolf v1 appeared isn't it?

You're just another person who knows nothing of history. Whose guiding light is Mark Zuckerberg's trash apps.

Giving in to Adolf v2 is not something which will happen. Too many lessons learnt.

Tell me, as I don't understand the appeal. Have you got some kind of twisted masochistic dream about snuggling up to murderous dictators? Those big strong arms holding you close?

HOLA4416
16 hours ago, MancTom said:

This is the part I struggle with, with all of these bailout schemes being suggested. What if energy prices stay high for 5 years, 10 years etc? We've no guarantee they'll come back down. Seems suicidal to spend all that money hoping its temporary.. we need to spend the money making sure we're never in this position again.

Then again, we saw what happened with covid, we spent hundreds of billions on everything EXCEPT for making people healthier, so god knows what they'll do. 

HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, cbathpc said:

This is the part I struggle with, with all of these bailout schemes being suggested. What if energy prices stay high for 5 years, 10 years etc? We've no guarantee they'll come back down. Seems suicidal to spend all that money hoping its temporary.. we need to spend the money making sure we're never in this position again.

Then again, we saw what happened with covid, we spent hundreds of billions on everything EXCEPT for making people healthier, so god knows what they'll do. 

They want to win the 2024 election, that's the horizon, and the only horizon.

HOLA4418
40 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Yeah right. That's just what Europe did when the Adolf v1 appeared isn't it?

You're just another person who knows nothing of history. Whose guiding light is Mark Zuckerberg's trash apps.

Giving in to Adolf v2 is not something which will happen. Too many lessons learnt.

Tell me, as I don't understand the appeal. Have you got some kind of twisted masochistic dream about snuggling up to murderous dictators? Those big strong arms holding you close?

Spare me the good vs evil line you child. Do you seriously believe this crap or is that just the poor extent of your rhetorical skill - COMPARE ALL THE THINGS TO HITLER!!

I suppose now you're going to call me a "Russian bot"?

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, nero120 said:

You are on the wrong thread - the I love Putin thread is on Telegram.

Zug sees the world how the PRC tells him he should see it. Recently every thread has been twisted to that end with JC Only Fans content and China is the best / hate the West posts by that poster. 

I just posted a load of facts, you seem not to like them.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4420
47 minutes ago, nero120 said:

Spare me the good vs evil line you child. Do you seriously believe this crap or is that just the poor extent of your rhetorical skill - COMPARE ALL THE THINGS TO HITLER!!

Thank you for your reply Nero.

Like all things. There are grey areas. There is very evil and quite evil. If there was a gun to my head and I had to side with somebody, I'd choose quite evil.

You seem to have allotted yourself an edgy contrarian badge. But it simply makes you look ill-informed. And used.

Let's test your general knowledge of the historic comparison, just a smattering of many pertinent questions to begin, your answers will be interesting:

1. Does Putin have complete control of the narrative in Russia?
  2. Does Putin murder his enemies and detractors - even on foreign soil?
  3. Has Putin kidnapped Ukrainian children - a policy used by the Nazis?
  4. Has Putin attempted a Barbarossa style invasion of Ukraine?
  5. Does Putin use nationalism as a driving force?
  6. Did Putin plan the bombings of apartment buildings as a pretext to invade Chechnya?
  7. Are the images of the Russian-dug mass graves in Ukraine real?
  8. Does Putin want to feck up the West by any means?
  9. Has he threatened previous Soviet territories?
  10. Did he order the army to violently storm the school siege in Beslan so he could use the fallout of many dead children to his political advantage?
  11. Is Putin killing ethnic Russians?
  12. Is Putin running a kleptocracy?
  13. Would you want to live in Russia?

The recently much used phrase "History never repeats itself but it rhymes" is useful here. We have a man, in charge of a large army and SS style security force who has no conscience. Obviously a psychopath by definition. A chap who the world needs like a hole in the head (his speciality) right now. He needs to be gone.

Frankly, and despite its huge flaws, I'll go with where I live and will speak against the malevolence that wants it torn down and swapped for oppression. This includes our current government.

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4421
45 minutes ago, nero120 said:

It's not just good or evil, it's just f'ing sanity and realism (something the Putin regime severly lacks) and launching a big, unnecessary land war in the heart of Europe is a unforgivable faux pas.

HOLA4422
9 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

You are on the wrong thread - the I love Putin thread is on Telegram.

Zug sees the world how the PRC tells him he should see it. Recently every thread has been twisted to that end with JC Only Fans content and China is the best / hate the West posts by that poster. 

I just posted a load of facts, you seem not to like them.

Only fools see the world in absolutes. Just because I think gullible, emotional, corruptible people like you are what's driving this country into the ground, does not mean I feel anything at all towards Putin. But of course you confuse scepticism with being pro-Russian, because bluster is all you have to keep you going.

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Thank you for your reply Nero.

Like all things. There are grey areas. There is very evil and quite evil. If there was a gun to my head and I had to side with somebody, I'd choose quite evil.

You seem to have allotted yourself an edgy contrarian badge. But it simply makes you look ill-informed. And used.

Let's test your general knowledge of the historic comparison, just a smattering of many pertinent questions to begin, your answers will be interesting:

1. Does Putin have complete control of the narrative in Russia?
  2. Does Putin murder his enemies and detractors - even on foreign soil?
  3. Has Putin kidnapped Ukrainian children - a policy used by the Nazis?
  4. Has Putin attempted a Barbarossa style invasion of Ukraine?
  5. Does Putin use nationalism as a driving force?
  6. Did Putin plan the bombings of apartment buildings as a pretext to invade Chechnya?
  7. Are the images of the Russian-dug mass graves in Ukraine real?
  8. Does Putin want to feck up the West by any means?
  9. Has he threatened previous Soviet territories?
  10. Did he order the army to violently storm the school siege in Beslan so he could use the fallout of many dead children to his political advantage?
  11. Is Putin killing ethnic Russians?
  12. Is Putin running a kleptocracy?
  13. Would you want to live in Russia?

The recently much used phrase "History never repeats itself but it rhymes" is useful here. We have a man, in charge of a large army and SS style security force who has no conscience. Obviously a psychopath by definition. A chap who the world needs like a hole in the head (his speciality) right now. He needs to be gone.

Frankly, and despite its huge flaws, I'll go with where I live and will speak against the malevolence that wants it torn down and swapped for oppression. This includes our current government.

No, there is no such thing as "evil", that is the way a child sees the world. If I want emotional rambling I'll ask my 4 year old. Evil is a subjective term that is used by powermongers to justify their misadventures to the common sheep. Geopolitics is not defined in subjective terms like "good" and "evil", it is merely about competing interests. If one is unable to separate the two then honestly one should not make comments in such an area, it's just advertising one's foolishness/immaturity.

Frankly, and despite its huge flaws, I'll go with where I live also. But first we need to get the children to shut their foolish mouths and let the adults take over once more, if we are to have any chance of actually addressing the MANY issues that are engulfing our nation.

HOLA4424
12 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

It's not just good or evil, it's just f'ing sanity and realism (something the Putin regime severly lacks) and launching a big, unnecessary land war in the heart of Europe is a unforgivable faux pas.

To have made such a comment shows that you are not a serious thinker. If I asked you to compose a post that explains the situation from the Russian perspective, how would you respond to that?

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, cbathpc said:

The problem is the government spent tens possibly hundreds of billions dealing with Covid that they have effectively destroyed their ability to deal effectively with this crisis.

Despite what some of the doomers said, Covid was unlikely to be a big problem for more than a couple of years, as pandemics rarely last longer than that and in terms of pandemics  it was relatively minor. For example it was a lot less deadly than the 1918 Flu pandemic, which did not involve widespread use of lockdowns. This crisis however is likely to last for the rest of decade, so needs long term and likely costly solutions

If the government had adopted a more measured responses to Covid instead of closing most businesses and paying people to effectively sit at home and bailing out businesses they would have a lot more room to deal with this crisis. Perhaps they could have adopted  emergency schemes to improve home insulation, install heat pumps and solar panels and diversify the electricity supply. Of course they could still do all this but the more they borrow, the worse the inflation problem will be and there does a come a point when you can no longer borrow any more.