House Price Crash Forum

Will we see our Prime Minister resign in the very near future?

HOLA441
25 minutes ago, wighty said:

Wait until he weasels out by virtue of the rigged inquiry.

Loads more damaging revelations will come to light and the fun really begins.

Yep. It's quite possible that someone is holding back on yet another great fun filled Boris clown party, to be released after the rigged inquiry. 

I suspect that he has many more enemies than just Cummings now.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, miguel said:

Yep. It's quite possible that someone is holding back on yet another great fun filled Boris clown party, to be released after the rigged inquiry. 

If the inquiry appears to be rigged there will be an outcry that dwarfs anything seen so far.

If the inquiry is dismissed or ignored by BJ there will be an outcry that dwarfs anything seen so far.

The inquiry is, and always has been, a delaying tactic and as such it has been a success.... so far.

HOLA444
9 minutes ago, miguel said:

I believe Crerar has more info and is waiting until the inquiry finishes to drop it - purely as certain individuals may be forced to be more open if think it could out  + safety of her sources.

HOLA445

What a lot of people seem to be missing is the war in the right wing media as well - between mates of Johnson & Carrie and those who were sidelined by the Fraser Nelson axis of favouritism.

Johnson favoured friends to the detriment of credible journalists. Unfortunately those credible journalists are the ones skilled enough to do the spade work

HOLA446
HOLA447
1 hour ago, miguel said:

The problem the Conservative Party have is that they still have to deal with the brexit fallout which isn't going away. They own brexit and there are not many decent politicians left around after their purge of non-brexiters. And the people who would want to be in charge of a mess are mostly those who know they probably wouldn't get the chance otherwise. So it doesn't really matter who they replace Boris with.

Of course, they do have a few very good tools in their favour. The 75% compliant right wing press. The culture wars, which are always a good way to inspire anger. And the good old fashioned "Labour would be much worse for you  because they bend the knee". People genuinely believe the latter statement, and as long as that is true, the Tories aren't going anywhere from power.

HOLA448
HOLA449
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

The problem the Conservative Party have is that they still have to deal with the brexit fallout which isn't going away. They own brexit and there are not many decent politicians left around after their purge of non-brexiters. And the people who would want to be in charge of a mess are mostly those who know they probably wouldn't get the chance otherwise. So it doesn't really matter who they replace Boris with.

Of course, they do have a few very good tools in their favour. The 75% compliant right wing press. The culture wars, which are always a good way to inspire anger. And the good old fashioned "Labour would be much worse for you  because they bend the knee". People genuinely believe the latter statement, and as long as that is true, the Tories aren't going anywhere from power.

To summarise until the public stops voting for bellends the Tory party will stick one in thinking they are popular

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
37 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

To summarise until the public stops voting for bellends the Tory party will stick one in thinking they are popular

True. I worry though that politics is now just too densely populated with insidious characters that have zero integrity nor regard for the people the represent.

Treble their salaries but prevent them from having any side hustles. They should be giving their roles as members of parliament their full attention.

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

What a lot of people seem to be missing is the war in the right wing media as well - between mates of Johnson & Carrie and those who were sidelined by the Fraser Nelson axis of favouritism.

Johnson favoured friends to the detriment of credible journalists. Unfortunately those credible journalists are the ones skilled enough to do the spade work

This revelation is probably one of the most damming of all - and it comes from Dominic Lawson:

In his column in the Sunday Times, Dominic Lawson claimed that Johnson was clearly warned in advance, twice, that the 20 May event was party taking place against the rules.

“Last week I spoke to a former Downing Street official who said at least two people had told the PM, after seeing the emailed invitation from his principal private secretary, Martin Reynolds, that this was ‘a party’ and should be immediately cancelled,” wrote Lawson, a former editor of the Spectator and the Sunday Telegraph.

“I was told that Johnson’s dismissive response was to say they were ‘overreacting’ and to praise Reynolds as ‘my loyal Labrador’.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/16/boris-johnson-has-broken-law-and-lied-says-keir-starmer

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

If the inquiry appears to be rigged there will be an outcry that dwarfs anything seen so far.

If the inquiry is dismissed or ignored by BJ there will be an outcry that dwarfs anything seen so far.

The inquiry is, and always has been, a delaying tactic and as such it has been a success.... so far.

Its also a 'having something to say when theres sod all defence' tactic, and even if the report is generally 'damning' there will be some line in it - it wouldn't surprise me crowbarred into it - that they will hang onto.

HOLA4415
23 hours ago, Flat Bear said:

I am quite sure we will see our PM resign tomorrow morning.

His position is untenable. His announcement speech will be very interesting. I expect some journalists have been given the nod so we may not see too many party stories in the Sunday papers.

Is Rishi's job unelevenable? He will probably stay on in the short term until a brand new untainted PM is chosen which will take quite some time and a PR stunt for the Conservatives.

I would guess Raab as the caretaker PM as Boris disappears from the limelight.

Hope you will all be suitably surprised.

Well it is gone 6pm and he hasn't resigned. I was wrong.

It doesn't make much sense for him to hang on and fight, it has never been in his DNA to tackle an issue head on and he must realize by now it will start to get very dirty and personal here on in? The only influence that could possibly have stopped him is princess nut nuts. Does she really have this much influence? Is she that ambitious? Why would he take her advice? Why does she want her husband to remain as PM? Was it her that organised all these parties? The media are likely to turn on her in the next few days. I wonder how she will respond?

There are always complications it would seem.

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

True. I worry though that politics is now just too densely populated with insidious characters that have zero integrity nor regard for the people the represent.

Treble their salaries but prevent them from having any side hustles. They should be giving their roles as members of parliament their full attention.

Singapore pays its politicians far more than we do. I think their PM earns something like US$2.5 million a year. The country also ranks as one of the least corrupt in the world. Relatively, we pay peanuts, then seem surprised when we get monkeys running the country...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
10 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

And some posters have argued that there is no similarity between BJ and the mid 20th century dictators... Hitler, Stalin & Mussolini.

That fascist instinct hasn't gone unnoticed...

“Slashing the funding of a beloved national treasure just because you don’t like the headlines on the 6 o’clock news is no way for a responsible government in a democracy to behave,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/16/boris-johnson-accused-of-targeting-bbc-to-save-his-premiership

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Singapore pays its politicians far more than we do. I think their PM earns something like US$2.5 million a year. The country also ranks as one of the least corrupt in the world. Relatively, we pay peanuts, then seem surprised when we get monkeys running the country...

There is absolutely no way that paying Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson a million pounds a year will change him into an honourable, civic-minding, responsible leader. 

If paying people megabucks magically turned them into good humans we wouldn't have white collar crime. Hello, Bernie Madoff? 

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, rollover said:

Is Boris' blame game over lockdown parties going to backfire?

The Tories are getting desperate to deflect away from this.  They are throwing any story they can:

Chinese spies....

BBC funding....

Texas shooting...

'Prince' Andrew....

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, msi said:

The Tories are getting desperate to deflect away from this.  They are throwing any story they can:

Chinese spies....

BBC funding....

Texas shooting...

'Prince' Andrew....

...not forgetting the ToryFanBoyz posting here

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
26 minutes ago, rollover said:

I know it's not good time for Tories to change their leader now but yesterday I thought Boris is done and going to resign soon. 

Same here, but maybe if they are going to change leaders better now than later on. 2 years to get settled in.

You can feel the tension.

Do you think Carrie has got anything to do with him not resigning?