House Price Crash Forum

Will we see our Prime Minister resign in the very near future?

HOLA441
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

If true calling it 'Operation Save Big Dog' is in itself reason enough to get rid of him, on the grounds of being a complete and utter F/wit.

Also trying to let civil servants carry the can could backfire badly, all it takes is one to go to court saying that by repeatedly attending these events BJ implicitly gave his approval for both the events and for others to attend.

Confirmed by Sky News this morning... "Save Big Dog" it is :rolleyes:.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Yes covid is essentially over. The Germans have beaten us again despite what the custard clown wants you to believe. 

Bigger population and a much older one at that. 

Still, we've got Brexit. . . that's really gonna show those Germans a thing or two!

HOLA447

Tory fury grows over Partygate

Boris Johnson is facing a mounting Tory backlash over Partygate today with a dozen MPs issuing public criticism of the Prime Minister as backbenchers branded Downing Street staff 'prats' and told how they have been inundated with angry emails from constituents calling for him to resign.

It is just the latest in a series of damning revelations about the alleged culture of drinking and partying throughout the pandemic at Downing Street as growing calls are made for Johnson to resign, some from within his own party.

Daily Mail

HOLA448
HOLA449

Conservatives spend the weekend deciding the PM's fate

Boris Johnson, the man once seen as electoral dynamite, is now increasingly seen as politically toxic.

"People were pissed off before," one member of Johnson's government told Insider. "But now? We're not just dealing with a drip-drip of leaks — it's a raging river."

"I thought the [partygate] story was dying a death, but to do that to Her Majesty — it's gone down very, very badly," a former minister told Insider. "We've got people leaving the [Conservative] party — not just people who have voted for us for the last 40 years, but people who have been members. We've got to do something."

businessinsider

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, winkie said:

How many letters so far?;)

Well, from a couple of days listening to call-in radio I'd flip the question round and ask has it ever been this bad for a sitting PM?

It strikes me that the conservatives probably have a bigger problem than Johnson and ideally would take time to think this through carefully.

HOLA4412
48 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Just get a proper ‘man of the people’ in Number 10, Rushi. Should do wonders for my house prices but not too sure about the renters on here who voted for brex_hit to be poorer and locked out of housing. 

I think it will happen.

Hilarious if does. Indian heritage (via Africa)... heir to the Indian call centre and British jobs outsourced empire... fortune made in banking... so elite he went to Winchester College (imagine learning to play cricket on the pitches it was invented on!)

Real man of the people, eh?

Not like that awful common oik, Boris.

HOLA4413
39 minutes ago, pig said:

Well, from a couple of days listening to call-in radio I'd flip the question round and ask has it ever been this bad for a sitting PM?

It strikes me that the conservatives probably have a bigger problem than Johnson and ideally would take time to think this through carefully.

Agree, the problems are deeper, more complicated and harder to solve than any named spokesperson running the country..... changing the person won't change what will still have to get through or overcome.;)

HOLA4414
3 hours ago, winkie said:

How many letters so far?;)

Not enough yet, tellingly the ex-ERG folk are turning on him at first opportunity... the people who lauded and helped stick him there.

The bigger issue for the Conservatives is this has gone from Johnson is a shambles to Conservatives are a shambles for letting him get away with it.

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

Not enough yet, tellingly the ex-ERG folk are turning on him at first opportunity... the people who lauded and helped stick him there.

The bigger issue for the Conservatives is this has gone from Johnson is a shambles to Conservatives are a shambles for letting him get away with it.

This scandal is no longer about Boris only, but the discreditable behaviour and the inability to do something about it is dragging all Tory party down right now.

Edited by rollover

HOLA4416
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Just get a proper ‘man of the people’ in Number 10, Rushi. Should do wonders for my house prices but not too sure about the renters on here who voted for brex_hit to be poorer and locked out of housing. 

Seems we're going to overlook the billions lost to fraud after he introduced the covid bounce back loan malarky without any checks at all. 

HOLA4417

Call for probe into No 10 party ‘cover up’

Cabinet secretary Simon Case should provide “urgent” answers about “unprecedented” allegations that No 10 staff were pressured to delete evidence of illegal parties in Downing Street, Labour’s deputy leader Angela Rayner has said.

Her letter to the top civil servant comes after two sources told The Independent they had been advised by a senior staff member to “clean up” their phones of anything that could “look like a party”, and follows a series of fresh revelations this week.

Independent

HOLA4418
6 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Good job it was all hunky dory before hey.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
On 13/01/2022 at 16:01, Flat Bear said:

You just don't get it do you? 

Get ready to be suprised on Sunday when he resigns.

I am quite sure we will see our PM resign tomorrow morning.

His position is untenable. His announcement speech will be very interesting. I expect some journalists have been given the nod so we may not see too many party stories in the Sunday papers.

Is Rishi's job unelevenable? He will probably stay on in the short term until a brand new untainted PM is chosen which will take quite some time and a PR stunt for the Conservatives.

I would guess Raab as the caretaker PM as Boris disappears from the limelight.

Hope you will all be suitably surprised.

HOLA4421
11 minutes ago, Flat Bear said:

I am quite sure we will see our PM resign tomorrow morning.

His position is untenable. His announcement speech will be very interesting. I expect some journalists have been given the nod so we may not see too many party stories in the Sunday papers.

Is Rishi's job unelevenable? He will probably stay on in the short term until a brand new untainted PM is chosen which will take quite some time and a PR stunt for the Conservatives.

I would guess Raab as the caretaker PM as Boris disappears from the limelight.

Hope you will all be suitably surprised.

I'm not too sure, if Johnson’s resignation will be enough.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
2 hours ago, rollover said:

Call for probe into No 10 party ‘cover up’

Cabinet secretary Simon Case should provide “urgent” answers about “unprecedented” allegations that No 10 staff were pressured to delete evidence of illegal parties in Downing Street, Labour’s deputy leader Angela Rayner has said.

Her letter to the top civil servant comes after two sources told The Independent they had been advised by a senior staff member to “clean up” their phones of anything that could “look like a party”, and follows a series of fresh revelations this week.

Independent

Well that's that then, it's always the coverup that does for them.

33 minutes ago, rollover said:

I'm not too sure, if Johnson’s resignation will be enough.

It's gone too far for that now, they're all complicit, the entire cabinet needs to go.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425