House Price Crash Forum

Government sleaze stories

Staffsknot

HOLA441
10 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Boris Johnson and Simon Case braced for criticism in partygate report

PM and cabinet secretary contacted by Sue Gray as top civil servant prepares findings about scandal

https://www.ft.com/content/b3e50cde-8d1c-4364-81d5-2baa71a679c9

Much of Gray’s criticism is likely to be directed at civil servants, including Case, added the officials.

They said her conclusions would be “excoriating” about senior civil servants for their behaviour during coronavirus restrictions, including lockdowns.

One official said: “Some of the evidence that Sue has uncovered is unbelievable.

The details of some of the parties will raise eyebrows. Email trails also show that many of them were premeditated by civil servants.”

One of those civil servants will have been the person employed to print out all of Rees-Moggs emails for him.

Sums us up right now.

We have a minister of efficiency who can't use a computer. In 2022.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
On 20/05/2022 at 09:15, Locke said:

I don't know a single person who gives a shit about this any more.

Yes, that's why the clowns ratings are so abysmal!  Just wait until the winter fuel bills kick in ! Our great Brex sht inflation is really starting to get up some steam. Looks like that's where we are heading, somewhere in the steam powered 19 th century. At least the tory boys have got the right guy for it.

Edited by miguel

HOLA443
24 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Much of Gray’s criticism is likely to be directed at civil servants, including Case, added the officials.

They said her conclusions would be “excoriating” about senior civil servants for their behaviour during coronavirus restrictions, including lockdowns.

One official said: “Some of the evidence that Sue has uncovered is unbelievable.

The details of some of the parties will raise eyebrows. Email trails also show that many of them were premeditated by civil servants.”

No doubt ably abetted by the fat clown. After all, if he couldn't control what happened in his building then he really shouldn't be in control of the whole country. However I suspect that the clown instigated a lot of the law breaking. 

HOLA444
6 minutes ago, miguel said:

No doubt ably abetted by the fat clown. After all, if he couldn't control what happened in his building then he really shouldn't be in control of the whole country. However I suspect that the clown instigated a lot of the law breaking. 

Id doubt Bozzas was full engaged after his hospital stay.

Seriously, 1 or 2 weeks hospitalised fks you up for a good few months.

Chuck in 2 babies and a new younger wife ... hell have been walking around in cloud of befuddlement.

HOLA445
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

Chuck in 2 babies and a new younger wife ... hell have been walking around in cloud of befuddlement.

Stop talking utter shte! Then again perhaps you have abandonment issues. 

HOLA446
58 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Ah.

The "Boris is incompetent" excuse...

Thanks. But most of us have long since worked this out for ourselves.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Ahem - the FPN was issued under the terms of the Met inquiry which had the parameters that the person issued the fine must have 'reasonably known' that the activity broke rules.

So not knowing what happening excuse thrown out the window by virtue of a fine.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA448
HOLA449
1 hour ago, Gurgle said:

So was I, just adding support to your response.

Thank you!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
43 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Well even the Sue Gray report is now being lied about - Gray's office says No10 asked for meeting over photos, No10 claimed she asked.

I'm just playing "how broken will Britain be once this lot have finished?" bingo now tbh.

I remember 3 million unemployed being a big thing in the 80s.

I can genuinely see 3 million needing foodbank parcels to survive by the end of all this.

40 years of progress my arse.

HOLA4415
16 minutes ago, byron78 said:

I'm just playing "how broken will Britain be once this lot have finished?" bingo now tbh.

I can genuinely see 3 million needing foodbank parcels to survive by the end of all this.

A direct question to you:

Do you think they are just incompetent, or are there dark works afoot in the corridors of power?

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

Well even the Sue Gray report is now being lied about - Gray's office says No10 asked for meeting over photos, No10 claimed she asked.

Oh dear...

So then, was there a 'secret meeting with the Met too ?

Boris Johnson and Sue Gray clash over ‘secret meeting’ about Partygate report

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/partygate-boris-johnson-sue-gray-b2084269.html

HOLA4417
26 minutes ago, Timm said:

A direct question to you:

Do you think they are just incompetent, or are there dark works afoot in the corridors of power?

It's a really good question.

Right now I think perhaps it's a combination of the two.

There are (clearly) a lot of idiots in this cabinet. 

_20220520_074453.JPG

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
14 hours ago, byron78 said:

13 hours ago, byron78 said:

_20220520_074453.JPG

Well, it's not like John Major was a towering intellectual giant.

HOLA4421
On 21/05/2022 at 09:40, pig said:

Not just his own individual  breaking of the rules - he briefed the nation by day, ran a party venue by night lol

It is a contrast to Neil Ferguson resigning in disgrace.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
22 hours ago, byron78 said:

_20220520_074453.JPG

Thanks for replying.

The thing is, idiots get appointed. I'm guessing is was Boris that appointed Dorris. 

He also appears to behind the potential appointment of Hogan Howe to head of the NCA.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-lord-hogan-operation-midland-national-crime-agency-met-police-b1001578.html

Boris Johnson has backed the former head of the Metropolitan Police to take charge of the National Crime Agency (NCA), according to reports.

Lord Hogan-Howe [who left the Met in 2016 with an estimated £5million pension pot and was made a life peer in 2017] could be set to lead the organisation as director-general despite failing to make it into the final round of candidates despite leading the bungled VIP paedophile ring probe.

It's almost as if people are being appointed to top positions because they can be trusted (for one reason or another) to royally ****** things up.

Edited by Timm

HOLA4425
4 hours ago, Timm said:

Thanks for replying.

The thing is, idiots get appointed. I'm guessing is was Boris that appointed Dorris. 

He also appears to behind the potential appointment of Hogan Howe to head of the NCA.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-lord-hogan-operation-midland-national-crime-agency-met-police-b1001578.html

It's almost as if people are being appointed to top positions because they can be trusted (for one reason or another) to royally ****** things up.

I missed out on Dorries previous impact  - so other than noting her disturbing Johnson adulation, couldn’t quite join in on the opprobrium.

That said the C4 sale sounds like one of the most gratuitously stupid stories I’ve read recently.

I did read that the anti-WFH hysteria,  gripping this government is down to Murdoch upset that people aren’t buying newspapers on the way to work. 

So could it be that Dorries is simply the useful idiot tasked with taking a hatchet to public service broadcasting on behalf of Murdoch ?