• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, ticket2ride said:

Ex Talk Talk boss Lady Harding is chair of NHS Test & Trace.

Her Wikipedia page is not encouraging: "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all".

Didn’t she do a duet with Eminem a while back?

Great reviews on trustpilot so I am sure the whole system will work well with no hitches at all.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/talktalk.ch

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA443
15 minutes ago, ticket2ride said:

Her Wikipedia page is not encouraging: "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all".

Her husband is a Tory MP. Therefore she's fully qualified to save the UK economy.

HOLA444
56 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Health and Safety. Companies have to ensure the safety of their customers to comply with the law. You as an indivual may not give a shit, but companies have to.

Errr did you read that Boris has some good news for hospitality coming up.. And yes I do care, but you misunderstand the threat.

Part of my job is actually doing the risk assessments, now be honest.. What are predominant things to mitigate the risk to covid

Lose weight, get fit, get the blood pressure down, get sunlight, eat healthily, wash hands and if your sick or have a temperature stay home.. I agree with all of that. 

Now be honest, how much have you done today to mitigate your own personal risk, myself I woke at 8, did some excercise in the garden, had a 15 km jog, then did all the gardening in the sunlight, ate healthily and I'm losing weight as we speak.. Now thats me taking care of myself and not wanting others to ruin their lives for me by their own choices...

You can only have so much control o we outside forces..and its pretty clear by all the evidence in starts at home. 

Also,any businesses are open already with the minimum of precautions.. I already operate on a more hygenic level than that anyway. 

Now get up early and get yourself fit. And stop trying to make the arguement a personal one fatty! 

HOLA445
HOLA446
30 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

This was the reaction to a woman who dared to enter a supermarket in Staten Island, New York without a face mask two days ago. 

Coming to your local Tesco or John Lewis soon?!

In New York, all residents must wear a mask when they cannot social distance. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

This was the reaction to a woman who dared to enter a supermarket in Staten Island, New York without a face mask two days ago. 

I loved the blond woman in that video in her motability scooter secretly buying up all the toilet rolls while the other customers and staff were distracted dealing with that disgusting evil non mask wearer. Excellent idea!

Coming to your local Tesco or John Lewis soon?!

I  don't think it unreasonable to expect to wear a mask indoors where other members of the public are.. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Crowdedmarket said:

How did the Swedish ever survive without vitamin D?

Long days on the open sun drenched deck of a Viking longboat helped them top it up. That and eating the still warm brains of their vanquished foes.

HOLA4410
32 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

In New York, all residents must wear a mask when they cannot social distance. 

Yes i am aware of that - but the absolute hysteria of the baying mob calling her an 'effing B' etc in that video surely must have taken you aback? You are also now required to wear a mask on the tube and buses in London - but plenty don't bother. How do you evict someone from a tube train for letting their mask slip?

I am sure all that spitting, screaming and generally outpouring of bile from non socially distancing people even with masks was probably more risky to customers in terms of spreading droplets than a woman not wearing a mask quietly walking round.

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, ticket2ride said:

Is this the same Dido Harding? ...

TalkTalk CEO Dido Harding says in today's update that the company has now "bounced back" from the attack and learned lessons.

95,000 customers left in the immediate aftermath and the cleanup cost hit £42 million ($60.53 million).

So perhaps not so much technical person,no?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
13 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Yes i am aware of that - but the absolute hysteria of the baying mob calling her an 'effing B' etc in that video surely must have taken you aback? You are also now required to wear a mask on the tube and buses in London - but plenty don't bother. How do you evict someone from a tube train for letting their mask slip?

I am sure all that spitting, screaming and generally outpouring of bile from non socially distancing people even with masks was probably more risky to customers in terms of spreading droplets than a woman not wearing a mask quietly walking round.

Why would you spit when wearing a mask?

HOLA4414
28 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

How did the Swedish ever survive without vitamin D?

Exactly. UK should be educating on this and promoting for the winter seasons (the 100% funded by pharma, pharma regulator MHRA won't allow it though).

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

41 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

1 hour ago, Grayphil said:

37 minutes ago, Si1 said:

20 minutes ago, poppie said:

Surprised no-one has talked about contact tracing being used maliciously. Got a beef with a local business? pop in cough a few times and get in touch with your stazi kontact gruppen.

https://www.lucianne.com/2020/05/27/exclusive__canceled_contact_tracingbr_contract_reveals_michigan_authorizedbr_democrat_firm_for_400_activists_to_brcollect_medical_information_35116.html

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-team-gave-green-light-contact-tracing-firm-dem-ties

Canceled Contact Tracing Contract Reveals Michigan Authorized Democrat Firm for 400 Activists to Collect Medical Information.

By the way the Michigan Gov. is a Left wing Democrat.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

Her husband is a Tory MP. Therefore she's fully qualified to save the UK economy.

So he is. Weston Super Mare. Where the hospital is over flowing with Covid patients.

19 minutes ago, poppie said:

Is this the same Dido Harding? ...

So perhaps not so much technical person,no?

She said it should be "locally led", which is encouraging.

Think a lot of contact tracers are employed by Serco, run by Rupert Soames, brother of Nicholas, grandson of Churchill. Covid capitalism.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
58 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Surprised no-one has talked about contact tracing being used maliciously. Got a beef with a local business? pop in cough a few times and get in touch with your stazi kontact gruppen.

https://www.lucianne.com/2020/05/27/exclusive__canceled_contact_tracingbr_contract_reveals_michigan_authorizedbr_democrat_firm_for_400_activists_to_brcollect_medical_information_35116.html

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/whitmer-team-gave-green-light-contact-tracing-firm-dem-ties

Canceled Contact Tracing Contract Reveals Michigan Authorized Democrat Firm for 400 Activists to Collect Medical Information.

By the way the Michigan Gov. is a Left wing Democrat.

Its a pretty good point to be honest, your one takeaway on curry mile that is struggling...name one of the places as a local place you think you picked it up cos the server coughed, it is wide open for abuse if its thought about

HOLA4421

So if I get contacted by a track and trace worker, I am advised to go into 14 day’s isolation . Not sure that will go down well with my employer. Do I get sick pay? UC ? Furlough pay? Does my employer have to fit this bill? This could happen to some individuals multiple times during the next year or so. 

HOLA4422
2 minutes ago, Manteiga3 said:

So if I get contacted by a track and trace worker, I am advised to go into 14 day’s isolation . Not sure that will go down well with my employer. Do I get sick pay? UC ? Furlough pay? Does my employer have to fit this bill? This could happen to some individuals multiple times during the next year or so. 

Your employer is obliged to. There are no questions about it. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why would you spit when wearing a mask?

When you are shouting and screaming and bawling at someone even behind some cheap poorly fitting mask you are much more likely to spread and emit droplets via saliva containing the virus.  None of them seemed to be wearing N95 or N99 effective masks.

You might also question the sort of world we might now be living in where a non mask wearer is chased by a screaming mob outside a store and called an D**b a***d b***h amongst other expletives.  What next special stars to be worn in public on lapels for refusing to use tracing apps with fines if you don’t comply?

HOLA4425
6 hours ago, Grayphil said:

What an odd thing to say! We were talking about potentials for the future and you assumed you would be correct in them I guess. 

Well I guess we will both have the law on our side, as I'm not saying I'm going to break the law. I just think the law will support what I'm saying. 

Also by now according to you, we should have been in the middle of armegeddon, bodies piling up all over the streets, and twice as many with failing organs, brain, genitals and the rest of it.

But it hasn't been has it? And guess what. When we relax further it still won't be what you wish for, but we have had these discussions before. 

More people will get infected still, but the death count will keep dropping. As is happening everywhere

All that matters is keeping R below 1,  how intelligently we go about this will determine how far we can go towards restoring normality.

It would be good to see data about the relative risks of various activities.