House Price Crash Forum

Interest rate rises are coming...

HOLA441
6 minutes ago, PopGun said:

Not wishful thinking, higher rates would actually be in my interest (boom boom). I’m just looking at what the markets are currently telling me. 

You have anything else which suggests the contrary then I’m all ears.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
14 minutes ago, PopGun said:

No of course not...

maybe scroll back a few pages to refresh your memory 

life's too short.

genuinely, I have no idea what you are talking about.

My life's too busy to worry about your feelings.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
2 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

If they are following the path laid out by the FED then we can expect another rate rise in FEB 18 and another in MAY 18

Anyone any idea historically, how closely we have followed the FED on this?

I think I saw a graph on here once showing this?

HOLA447

so more proof that the BOE will follow the fed with a few months delay. Which would mean another rise next year, providing the fed raise as expected in December. 

would be rather silly for a country to try and delay a housing crash in 2008 and pump a bubble on top of the previous bubble. then be forced to raise rates 2017 + 2018.

interest rates are a one tricky pony, a one-time housing prop. the effects of tiny rate rises will be much more extreme than the cuts. one more raise and that’s all it will take for the panic to start. Even if it’s just another 0.25%.

this one won’t have too much of an effect, maybe it will prove a few ‘they will only ever drop not raise’ people wrong.

the next raise will scare the poo out of millions. even the threat of another raise will create walls of sellers 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA448
1 minute ago, jiltedjen said:

so more proof that the BOE will follow the fed with a few months delay. Which would mean another rise next year, providing the fed raise as expected in December. 

Nah, this is window dressing. Carney is simply saving his job. His hand was forced, it was not intention to raise, he did what he had to do, talked it down (theres no chance of any more) so to crash the pound. Without this he would of lost all credibility. Not that he had any to start. Hes the only guvnor that can crash the pound when raising rates.

HOLA449
14 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

would be rather silly for a country to try and delay a housing crash in 2008 and pump a bubble on top of the previous bubble. then be forced to raise rates 2017 + 2018.

interest rates are a one tricky pony, a one-time housing prop. the effects of tiny rate rises will be much more extreme than the cuts. one more raise and that’s all it will take for the panic to start. Even if it’s just another 0.25%.

this one won’t have too much of an effect, maybe it will prove a few ‘they will only ever drop not raise’ people wrong.

the next raise will scare the poo out of millions. even the threat of another raise will create walls of sellers 

Agreed

The world had low rates.

Now we move to higher rates and follow the reserve currency we have to lest we get too far behind the curve and the rates go up in x rather than .x increments.

You can be sure though that Carney raising by .25% means we needed at least .75% and we will be behind the curve anyhow.

Its all aligning nicely for a cluster ****** May goes > Carney jacks it > Hard exit of EU and then real rate rises.

I just dont feel like he will be about for his mess to hit the fan....I hope he is.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4410

agreed. he will ‘under raise’ as much as he can. But that doesn’t matter, the housing market will be toast. direction of travel has changed. 

Like throwing freezing water over someone in a day dream. 

He wont be around for the housing crash, I don’t think he will go back to Canada either. that one man has made a lot of people angry.

i wouldn’t give up my seat in a busy train for him that’s for sure!

HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

agreed. he will ‘under raise’ as much as he can. But that doesn’t matter, the housing market will be toast. direction of travel has changed. 

He wont be around for the housing crash, I don’t think he will go back to Canada either. that one man has made a lot of people angry.

I dont think he has to worry.

There are going to be some very very rich and very very grateful people who will look after him no doubt.

HOLA4412
36 minutes ago, moonriver said:

Anyone any idea historically, how closely we have followed the FED on this?

I think I saw a graph on here once showing this?

DNo6xfhW0AEFC_o.jpg

please note who is normally highest !!!!

Wouldnt you hate to be a boomer right now that's lent their child a 40% deposit

HOLA4413

Also it’s all very sudden. Virtually no-one voting for a rate rise for ages. Then suddenly it’s time.

those meetings are a joke. A total joke. It’s obvious they are just following the US. 

i guess from now on I’m just going to watch the fed. 

carney is a joke. 

HOLA4414
7 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

I dont think he has to worry.

There are going to be some very very rich and very very grateful people who will look after him no doubt.

Carney will be PM of Canda by all accounts.

I dont doubt it.

He will escape with his reputation in tact...you will all pick up the pieces.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, jiltedjen said:

Also it’s all very sudden. Virtually no-one voting for a rate rise for ages. Then suddenly it’s time.

those meetings are a joke. A total joke. It’s obvious they are just following the US. 

i guess from now on I’m just going to watch the fed. 

carney BRITAIN is a joke. 

You mean you've not been been watching the fed all along ?

Someone posted about bloomberg saying when the US raises rates further the UK housing bubble is toast.

Sounds about right.

HOLA4416
18 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

It's funny how in 2 day people have gone from saying they wont raise...might lower....to seeing that they will keep raising.

We could be in for 10/20% falls in London house prices in the next 12 months...maybe more.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the show.

Having to wait a decade for something makes it all the more gratifying.

I wonder how more hated I am today than I was yesterday.

I hope all those angry trolls/EAs/BTLers realise that i'm not the harbinger of doom, they are, they've brought on this calamity by their greed, selfishness and stupidity.

I am not their enemy.

Please, dont shoot the messenger, take a look in the mirror instead.

Anyway, I am just going outside and may be some time.....

HOLA4417
17 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Carney will be PM of Canda by all accounts.

I dont doubt it.

He will escape with his reputation in tact...you will all pick up the pieces.

Chairman of the IMF methinks PM is too close the pile of shit he created.

"On 28 June 2011 Christine Lagarde was confirmed as managing director of the IMF for a five-year term starting on 5 July 2011. In 2012, Lagarde was paid a tax-exempt salary of US$467,940, and this is automatically increased every year according to inflation."

You reap what you sow....

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

If .... Trump flattens tax rates, lower corp tax, bashes China a bit, causing US employment to grow and economic output to crank up ... then UK has an eveb bigger orobel. Pound 2ill fall unless uk yields compensate for lower growth and higher currency risk.

Uk really sgould have sorted out its benefit system, budget deficit and debt levels.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Prices are set at the margins and they just got tighter. Sentiment is everything and that has turned.

+1.

Down we go. Mind your heads.

HOLA4424
9 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Is the Bank of England nuts? Steve Keen says yes. ;)

https://debunking.podbean.com/e/is-the-bank-of-england-nuts/

Not really.

BoE is not tightening, just being less loose.

As far as people not being able to afford an extra 50 on their mortagae.. thats the result of low IRs. 

Debt needs smashing, by default if ness.

HOLA4425