House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
7 hours ago, ccc said:

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Even the possibility of us bending the rules of the EU and getting a fast trade deal with the US or any other country completely short circuits your brain. :D

Thoughts you have thoughts :o

My comment had nothing to do with EU rules, more about the ridiculousness of Trump thinking he could lead negotiation of the UK trade deal. I thought he had a country to run.

Anyway why would we want a trade deal with the US TTIP collapsed because the Americans thought it was too favourable to the EU and the EU thought it was too favorable to the US, so it is likely that we will be offered something even worse.

Oh I know its because after leaving the richest and deepest trade deal in the world we will be desperate to sign up to any deal we can get and cannot afford to say no to  whatever we are offered.    

HOLA442
2 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

Its seen as a "quick fix" to attempt to clean up dirty meat, rather than preventing contamination further up the food chain...

http://www.beuc.eu/blog/what-is-wrong-with-chlorinated-chicken/

Thanks. Interesting argument. Cant decide if it's rational. I shall have to think bit more about it. In any event I'm sure most people assume its about the chemical health risks, and those bandying it about are being deliberately emotive and misleading.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA443
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

My comment had nothing to do with EU rules, more about the ridiculousness of Trump thinking he could lead negotiation of the UK trade deal. I thought he had a country to run.

Anyway why would we want a trade deal with the US TTIP collapsed because the Americans thought it was too favourable to the EU and the EU thought it was too favorable to the US, so it is likely that we will be offered something even worse.

Oh I know its because after leaving the richest and deepest trade deal in the world we will be desperate to sign up to any deal we can get and cannot afford to say no to  whatever we are offered.    

You could save yourself a lot of time by just typing: EU is good everything else is bad for all your replies. 

HOLA444
9 hours ago, the gardener said:

And then you woke up.

No, it might take 10-15 years, but Brexit has ultimately signed the UK up to Schengen and the Euro. Unintended consequences.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
51 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

Or perhaps 20. Or even 25. Or perhaps we'll be eaten by an enormous mutant star goat. Or perhaps it's just wishful thinking on your part.

Tripe.

Very sensitive.

It is bound to happen, the population will be overwhelmingly in favour by 2022 anyway just due to demographics.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA448
31 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Very sensitive.

It is bound to happen, the population will be overwhelmingly in favour by 2022 anyway just due to demographics.

Is it because the population is on a rapid increase whereas the amount of common sense is a constant value?

HOLA449
10 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It takes five minutes to agree tariff free trade.

TTIP failed because to was too big, and too political.

There is no way the UK would ever be let back into the EU after leaving. Never ever ever going to happen.

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Very sensitive.

Is that like how we're bound to have a lib dem government in a few years because all the young people vote lib dem and all the old Tories are dying off? 

HOLA4411
12 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

So despite not having a trade deal with the US for the last 43 years of being in the EU, we have managed to do an awful lot of trade with the US. Was the US punishing us all that time? Or were individual companies in each nation identifying opportunities for trade and taking them? Was one side of each trade getting tucked over or were both sides seeing it as beneficial to themselves?

Your outlook on the world, in common with most Remoaners, seems to be one dominated by your own fearfullness. You see enemies and danger everywhere. Is it because of your own self-loathing?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

So despite not having a trade deal with the US for the last 43 years of being in the EU, we have managed to do an awful lot of trade with the US. Was the US punishing us all that time? Or were individual companies in each nation identifying opportunities for trade and taking them? Was one side of each trade getting tucked over or were both sides seeing it as beneficial to themselves?

Your outlook on the world, in common with most Remoaners, seems to be one dominated by your own fearfullness. You see enemies and danger everywhere. Is it because of your own self-loathing?

Well yes ??? ?

I thought Brexiters were fearful we were about to have a terrible TTIP deal inflicted on us + couldn't trade with the rest of the world all BECAUSE we were little Britain slapped around as part of the EU lol ?

HOLA4414
54 minutes ago, the gardener said:

What is the point of your first para, and where did this talk of punishing come from.

No my view comes from logic. We are tearing up our membership of the worlds richest and deepest trade deal, with no real idea of how we will replace it. Even if all of the mooted trade deals come off they will not come close to making up for the losses we will experience from leaving the single market.    

https://www.ft.com/content/bfe51444-9f70-11e6-86d5-4e36b35c3550 

HOLA4415
On 27 January 2017 at 4:48 PM, Dave Beans said:

Has Ted Malloch got any previous on trade deals?

Don't think so.  He has previous in breaking up superstates (USSR) or so he says.

Unless you are thinking the uk should offer him a job as a negotiator?

HOLA4416

Nice to see our BBC doing its best to derail an otherwise very successful visit on Friday.

Laura Kuensberg's question was not so much a question as a rant.  She could have cost this country dearly.  TM must have cringed inside, although she rescued the situation very professionally.o

She had the opportunity to ask something constructive, like what do you see being covered by this trade deal and how much do you think it's worth?

No, just a cliched anti-Trump rant.

HOLA4417
19 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

UK could get fast track back into EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/27/britain-could-have-fastrack-back-eu-brexit-says-european-parliament/

I think this is what will ultimately happen.  Eventually a pro-European Government will be elected in the UK, and there then may or may not be a referendum, but either way we'll be straight back in Schengen and all.  I'd hope we could stay our of the Euro, but that seems unlikely.

I think the Brexit vote will ironically prove to be the thing that pushes the UK deeper into the EU.

:wacko:    There already is, in fact, all UK MP's are pro-European. I think you are confused between the EU and Europe; a common affliction amongst remainers.

HOLA4418

Trump Avoids Making a Trade Promise He Can't Keep.              Bloomberg.

And yet at a joint appearance at the White House on Friday, capping the first visit of a foreign leader to Trump's White House, both Trump and May studiously avoided saying they would begin these negotiations. The closest either leader came to talking about the bilateral agreement was when May said the two discussed "laying the groundwork" for such a deal.

Never mind, Donny 'loves' Scotland.

HOLA4419
On 27/01/2017 at 8:41 PM, Dave Beans said:

On 27/01/2017 at 8:57 PM, ccc said:

No doubt they hold the upper hand. But this is a President who put the Churchill bust back into the Whitehouse on the first day and clearly loves the UK.

We can - if we are smart - get the best trade deal for any country the US has to offer. 

Trump is signing off executive orders rapidly and honoring his campaign promises. i.e. Doing what he says. At the moment, I can see a win-win UK/USA trade deal in the offing.

Edited by Sheeple Splinter
crap spelling...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
17 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Hardly ridiculous; it's called oversight and delegation. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 28/01/2017 at 0:58 AM, Confusion of VIs said:

It's that remainian, defeatist affliction again! Picture the EU as a Trojan Horse; Rich, deep trade enveloping the EU elite's ideology. 

Leaving the EU does not mean that trade will cease. The latest stats shaw USA as top export partner, DE as top import partner and the UK is a net importer to the EU. 

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/OverseasTradeStatistics/Pages/EU_and_Non-EU_Data.aspx

Would you be disappointed if European countries continue to trade with the UK? 

As for other trade deals, time will tell...

Edited by Sheeple Splinter

HOLA4425
7 hours ago, Steppenpig said:

Is that like how we're bound to have a lib dem government in a few years because all the young people vote lib dem and all the old Tories are dying off? 

I wouldn't go that far, but an Lab, Lib and SNP coalition certainly isn't impossible.