House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
11 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Peter it doesn’t matter what you and I think or want, or what any politician thinks or wants. Unless legislation is passed - we automatically leave with no deal on 29th March. That’s the only thing we can be sure about.

Why do uou think the financial and betting markets don't believe that. Is the above a secret that only you are aware of.

The reality is with well over 400 MPs publically against no deal it is unlokely to happen.

The existing legistlation allows for the date to be pushed back by a simple amendment. 

The only risk is that the EU does not allow the A50 to be extended, this seems unlikely but possible they will lose patience  if we want to push the date back just to carry on arguing with ourselves.

HOLA443
25 minutes ago, oracle said:

under the terms of OUR constitution no power can be given away to foreign entities without the consent of the people.

Please take the time to read the document,and acquaint yourself with how our process is meant to function.You will see just how badly our so called representatives have been violating THE LAW OF THIS LAND for decades.

That means the referendum IS NOT advisory.

It is legally binding, and it is MANDATORY process.MP's are not allowed to enact their own will over that of the populace on affairs such as this.THEY MUST,BY LAW, implement the decision that has been come to.

Almost every international treaty we sign "gives away" power over something.

HOLA444
HOLA445
8 hours ago, Dorkins said:

U ok hun?

My point was that the 2016 referendum was a mandate to leave the EU, not a mandate to leave the EU without a deal. Other forms of leaving the EU are available and they are 100% compatible with the 2016 referendum result.

The referendum "Leave" was unconditional; you are interpreting it as conditional.

HOLA446
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Almost every international treaty we sign "gives away" power over something.

You imply this is a one way process: it isn't. Treaties are entered into because of mutual self interest; you give with one hand and take with another.

HOLA447
56 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

MP's need to vote according to their voters wishes in the election. For the Conservatives that is probably May's deal.

TM's deal is now totally finished with, that was made clear last night. It is looking like the only way out of this now is Referendum 2

with just two choices

1. Remain

2.  Hard Brexit

HOLA448
6 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

TM's deal is now totally finished with, that was made clear last night. It is looking like the only way out of this now is Referendum 2

with just two choices

1. Remain

2.  Hard Brexit

I don't think they're stupid enough to put it to another referendum. Fingers burnt twice? Ouch! My expectation is dilly dallying until Thursday 28th March 2019 11:59pm then A50 withdrawal, many £'$ will be made by the insiders.

Edited by Brendan110_0

HOLA449

Having slept on the result last night and just putting Brexit politics aside for one minute, however it is done Theresa May really has to go now. The Tories don't really want her there, all the other parties obviously don't want her there, it is like being led by someone who is not fit to be there because there just is no alternative. The UK deserves far better.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

with just two choices

1. Remain

2.  Hard Brexit

Maybe.

You never did reply to my question about your desire for Right Wing values and their brand of Tough Love.

So what branch of the RW do you belong to..... and what kind of tough love do they recommend? Don't be shy.

BTW Say hi to CopperCrutch aka CCC for us. 

HOLA4412
9 hours ago, workingatthepyramid said:

Parliament is full of scum who don't represent the people so i wont be surprised when they fail to respect the original ref. Some sort of betrayal has always been on the cards.

Have you only just realised this?

It's been this way for the last 40 years. The most foolish thing leavers did, was believe a word they said about the benefits of Brexit. There are none. But leavers have to beleave. I, as a remainer, already knew the system is bent and anything said comes from a shrivelled heart of self-interest. Brexit is not for the man on the street, they don't give a toss about us. It's for them to fill their enlarged pockets.

We have a faux democracy here. Poll tax, Iraq war, oil money squandered by Thatcher's regime, expenses scandal, Russian money etc. The lies told before the last referendum confirmed we now have an African banana republic political system. It's dislocated, arcane, corrupt and incompetent.

New system needed.

HOLA4413
9 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I was heartened to read many of the comments at the bottom of this article that point out the nonsense of mass immigration for BS jobs, the strain it causes, and the failure to focus on training our own.

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/engineering-needs-immigration/

Now that companies will have even less money after Brexit. Who do you think will train the engineers?

Your government? Well I have a bridge you can buy.

HOLA4414
10 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Maybe.

You never did reply to my question about your desire for Right Wing values and their brand of Tough Love.

So what branch of the RW do you belong to..... and what kind of tough love do they recommend? Don't be shy.

BTW Say hi to CopperCrutch aka CCC for us. 

I don't belong to any RW party Hairy, and I was only using RW in the way you would use the words in your sterotypical facist way where everyone who dislikes more immigration is racist, are you about to do it yet again with me?... I probably missed that post as I usually just treat your posts with contempt and ignore most of them

The only political party I have ever been involved with is in my very younger days and around John Smith's era Hairy

Edited by localhero1983

HOLA4415
9 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

Have to agree, Brexiteers I listen to after a few pints are hoping for action on immigration that they are never going to get.

Of course immigration will continue. In fact I'd bet it will just go up.

Brexit is 'for them' not you and me. Massive con, the whole thing.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, oracle said:

under the terms of OUR constitution no power can be given away to foreign entities without the consent of the people.

Please take the time to read the document,and acquaint yourself with how our process is meant to function.

We don't have a written constitution, so that's the end of that discussion 

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Have you only just realised this?

It's been this way for the last 40 years. The most foolish thing leavers did, was believe a word they said about the benefits of Brexit. There are none. But leavers have to beleave. I, as a remainer, already knew the system is bent and anything said comes from a shrivelled heart of self-interest. Brexit is not for the man on the street, they don't give a toss about us. It's for them to fill their enlarged pockets.

We have a faux democracy here. Poll tax, Iraq war, oil money squandered by Thatcher's regime, expenses scandal, Russian money etc. The lies told before the last referendum confirmed we now have an African banana republic political system. It's dislocated, arcane, corrupt and incompetent.

New system needed.

The EU is not for the man on the street. They are the ones who have lost most from the huge influx of low age workers from Eastern Europe.

Can you please tell me how the EU actually benefits us over being able to trade more openly with the rest of the world; being able to make our own laws; being able to determine who crosses our borders and how many and having leaders that we actually have some involvement in choosing?

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, oracle said:

Please take the time to read the document,and acquaint yourself with how our process is meant to function.You will see just how badly our so called representatives have been violating THE LAW OF THIS LAND for decades.

That means the referendum IS NOT advisory.

It is legally binding, and it is MANDATORY process.MP's are not allowed to enact their own will over that of the populace on affairs such as this.THEY MUST,BY LAW, implement the decision that has been come to.

Er no it wasn't. The AV system ref was though. Sorry about that.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Of course immigration will continue. In fact I'd bet it will just go up.

Brexit is 'for them' not you and me. Massive con, the whole thing.

I have no issues personally with so many of the Eastern Europeans over in the UK, it was the best move this country made immigration wise in a century along with the influx of more Jews. Sadly Joe Bloggs living in Hitchin or Wisbech just will not see it that way, it's the only channel they have had to express themselves in decades even though they are totally screaming at the moon when it comes to Immigration

HOLA4422
20 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Having slept on the result last night and just putting Brexit politics aside for one minute, however it is done Theresa May really has to go now. The Tories don't really want her there, all the other parties obviously don't want her there, it is like being led by someone who is not fit to be there because there just is no alternative. The UK deserves far better.

Pretty irrelevant, the Tories voted for her to stay for at least a year.

HOLA4423
2 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

The EU is not for the man on the street. They are the ones who have lost most from the huge influx of low age workers from Eastern Europe.

Can you please tell me how the EU actually benefits us over being able to trade more openly with the rest of the world; being able to make our own laws; being able to determine who crosses our borders and how many and having leaders that we actually have some involvement in choosing?

Over 55% of our trade is to and through the EU. The problem you have is assuming you are governed by competent people that could negotiate new trade deals. Again, the truth is we aren't. Not a chance of anything good for the country coming from Westminster. Surely last night's rubbish was glaring proof of this?

Non-EU immigration is going up.

Laws like the snooper's charter? Yup we need more of that.

Brexit is not for the people. It's for JRM and Co.

HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

the UK will not have nearly the same clout when it comes to trade negotiations. they will be trade deal takers not makers

HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, hurlerontheditch said:

the UK will not have nearly the same clout when it comes to trade negotiations. they will be trade deal takers not makers

The 5th largest economy in world. I think not.

I lived in Canada, a much smaller economy than the UK, and they entered trade deals and won much of what they wanted. If they didn’t get what they wanted, they would walk away. The EU has no clout because it can’t agree on anything because French Farmers and German auto makers ill always disagree and dominate.