HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Bruce is right this was inevitable given the BTL deadline, although a little surprised that sales would be going through as late as March, doesn't give much time to complete.

My observation of the market is it was manic January through to mid March then the market died, this should show up a little in April stats.

I think the market will at least sidetrack for the next few months though, stocks are at historic lows and zirp means nobody has to sell.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Same thing happened to a mate, house put up for sale last month asking ~15% more than highest sale ever in their road (which was only last year).

Savvy BTLer snapped it up 2 days later after a hard negotiation with a cheeky offer of full asking price.

Pay 15% over last sale price to save 3% = BTL logic. I guess the 3% comes out of real money and the 15% is magic credit money so doesn't really exist anyway? Makes sense in this credit swamped madhouse.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Shusshh... Don't forget the sympathy and the innocence - month after month, year after year, of raging HPI.

Just accept it and carry it.

I don't doubt it. He bought it through a company so wasnt personally liable then?

I know someone who bought up north in 2006, he moved out and never sold it as it was worth less a few years later when he moved. It's now worth 40k less. I have a tiny bit of sympathy.

Then he bought a place purely as an investment a few months ago as near a cross rail station and cant go wrong with london. He overpaid and its valued at 25k less than he paid for it a few days after he completed. He's already gutted, I can only imagine what is going to happen next.

Sympathy? Why?

Family on my street recently sold up to move to a bigger place, sold at a nominal loss from purchase near/at peak. and that's before some decent refurb expenditure is taken into account over their ownership. No grumbling, complaining, entitlement, 'rent it out' garbage etc, just sold it and moved on. No big deal. Friendly, likeable people with decent values. Prepared to take it on the chin to achieve their aims. Not using property as some gambling outlet where past losses can be made whole with recourse to tenant's bank accounts, and future HPI MadGainz achieved similarly. Sod 'im.

I did say only a tiny bit of sympathy.

It's still lost money. Just as I feel sorry for the people I see who look like they don't have enough money to feed themselves buy 10 scratchcards.

I feel the same as your family member. But I do think lots of the people fueling up on debt are just marks for the banks.

We are the system.

HOLA4421

it has seem to gone mad this last year.

i brought my house for 155k last year a house 5 doors away sold for 190k in jan!!!!. Same semi detached house

Yesterday i told my mum i should sell me house and move back in with her for year cause that jsut cant be right

HOLA4422
Guest BillyNI

This happened in Northern Ireland too just before it all went FUBAR. Down the chute to 50% off. Still trying to get back to 2005 prices in many areas.

I seen places which had previously been £40k go up to asking of £160k but when they crashed man did they crash, back down to £55k. I think people took a while to realise that even with the troubles over, Belfast wasn't worth that much! :)

HOLA4423

Bruce is right this was inevitable given the BTL deadline, although a little surprised that sales would be going through as late as March, doesn't give much time to complete.

My observation of the market is it was manic January through to mid March then the market died, this should show up a little in April stats.

I think the market will at least sidetrack for the next few months though, stocks are at historic lows and zirp means nobody has to sell.

Thanks to ZIRP, nobody has to sell and there's nothing left with a positive yield in which to stash your cash.

Conceivable, the next China panic will result even more money being thrown at UK housing, for want of better anywhere else.

HOLA4424

I seen places which had previously been £40k go up to asking of £160k but when they crashed man did they crash, back down to £55k. I think people took a while to realise that even with the troubles over, Belfast wasn't worth that much! :)

Guy down the road from me "sold" his house for 600k, went to buy another house at 750k but it fell through so he pulled out of his sale. Right at the top.

House now on the market for 280k.

HOLA4425

Thanks to ZIRP, nobody has to sell and there's nothing left with a positive yield in which to stash your cash.

Conceivable, the next China panic will result even more money being thrown at UK housing, for want of better anywhere else.

Indeed total misalloaction of resources to property which just suck in imports whilst our current account gets crucified.

It's really up to the Government to tax property, especially council tax, and steer people into productive use of money. I guess the rates rise option is probably off the cards as this would only strengthen the pound and further crucify out current account.

Edited by crashmonitor