House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Indeed. You know the financial advice is insincere when the one giving the financial advice doesn't even put their own money where their mouth is. 

LOL!

I take risks every day and in other sphere's  than BTC but I do not have outlandish expectations of an early retirement nor do i incessantly pump on the internet like you and others.

HOLA442
1 minute ago, Warlord said:

but I do not have outlandish expectations of an early retirement nor do i incessantly pump on the internet like you and others.

Us grown ups wouldn’t give a toss if you did so knock yourself out.  If it’s half as amusing as your Trump posts we’re all on to a winner 👍

HOLA443
Just now, Warlord said:

LOL!

I take risks every day and in other sphere's  than BTC but I do not have outlandish expectations of an early retirement nor do i incessantly pump on the internet like you and others.

Bitcoin is just a part of a healthy portfolio. I know you're salty for having sold all your bags too early but honestly get over it buddy. Buy back in before it's too late. 

BTW did you manage to get your money back from Bet Fred over your Trumpy bet buddy? 😀

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Bitcoin is just a part of a healthy portfolio. I know you're salty for having sold all your bags too early but honestly get over it buddy. Buy back in before it's too late. 

BTW did you manage to get your money back from Bet Fred over your Trumpy bet buddy? 😀

I do not bet with Bald Fred,

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

Peter Schiff is worth a listen like.... 

He was spot on warning about the GFC well in advance....... 

Bitcoiners just sell your fools gold....

You are going to be so disappointed come spring. 30-40% pullbacks after 100%+ rises are Norms in a Bitcoin bull run, we had six of these in 2017. No one here is bothered. Keep polishing that Crystal Ball. Jog on. 

HOLA448
10 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

Bitcoiners just sell your fools gold....

Why?  You don’t know anyone on this thread personally so why do you care if they hold Bitcoin or not?  What does it matter if they decide not to sell and either lose the lot or make a profit?

If you’re going to peddle the same tripe as Saltylord that you’re trying to protect the innocent, how does that tally with telling people you don’t care about, who are in profit on paper, to sell their Bitcoin?

You’ve made it clear you’re not buying in so it is just a load of salty waaaahhh. 🤷‍♂️

HOLA449

I like this guy, really interesting channel. Kind of like a David Attenborough for people who might find themselves with an excess of spending money at some point in the future.

I might call her The Princess Hodl.

The superyacht videos he does are pure and utter filth! Bitcoin would need to hit about £5m a piece for me to get one of those beasts.

HOLA4410
2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I like this guy, really interesting channel. Kind of like a David Attenborough for people who might find themselves with an excess of spending money at some point in the future.

The superyacht videos he does are pure and utter filth! Bitcoin would need to hit about £5m a piece for me to get one of those beasts.

Two of the happiest days of being a boat owner are, the day you buy the boat and the day you get rid of it. 

HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Two of the happiest days of being a boat owner are, the day you buy the boat and the day you get rid of it. 

I went through that.... twice!!  Thankfully they were the equivalent of a couple of ‘old bangers’ and just for a spot of fishing. Still managed to soak up cash like dirty little sponges 😄

HOLA4412
9 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

2 minutes ago, elephant said:

I went through that.... twice!!  Thankfully they were the equivalent of a couple of ‘old bangers’ and just for a spot of fishing. Still managed to soak up cash like dirty little sponges 😄

Looking forward to both those days 😄

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

LOL!

Outlandish indeed.  My net wealth is up 4x since the start of 2017, thanks in a large part to bitcoin, but also a diversified balanced portfolio.  I could probably retire now if I were to live frugally, but I want to buy a nice house and these are my peak earning years so it'd be a waste to retire right now.  I'm not 40 yet.  Early retirement doesn't seem too outlandish right now though.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

LOL!

And people care what you think about bitcon? that its going to the moon.... oh wait, after the next 20% CRASH? 

OK

I do  not short Monsieur... Listen carefully now: 

Thanks for that. I listened to some of it. About 20 mins of my life I won’t get back. I think he overestimates the importance of Grayscale, which right now has quite a small premium and this has fluctuated over the years; the 8 years since its launch that is and Bitcoin still hasn’t died in all that time despite him going on and on about it like a care home resident with dementia. It’s likely that an ETF tracker will be launched soon and that will be that. If institutions want to invest, and it was mainly institutions that were buying it for legal/custody reasons and not ‘dumb’ retail they will, and the ETF will be more efficient for both retail and institutions. And as for the return of the gold standard well, no different from Bitcoiners believing in a Bitcoin standard. It is just what you believe has value.

FWIW I do own an equal amount of gold funds, crypto, emerging markets and bonds and individual shares. The rest about 50% a mix of GBP and USD. I sold a lot of equity funds last January when this whole thing kicked off. I have a colleague from Wuhan and he when he started telling me what was going on I could see where this was going. I intended to buy back in after 40% drops but what I didn’t see was the lengths that central banks would go to keep the debt ponzi show on the road. 

Anyone who believes this tin pot forum influences the 1/2 trillion crypto market is delusional. I would say there is some good advice but make your mind up. I was sceptical when I started putting money in but over the years I’ve learned a lot more. I think my mother finally got it when I sent her a link to one of Raoul Pal’s videos last year.

Now I can see the price of Bitcoin drop in the next few weeks. Won’t be selling of course. If Bitcoin fails I’ve lost a few years savings but if it succeeds then ... But it will be even sweeter to see the likes of the hideous Lagarde, Schiff, Yellen, Bailey and the rest resisting it all the way. They have created a system that has fuelled inequality by grossly distorting financial reward to unproductive assets. As a gen Xer I’ve not done too badly from this, no mortgage, final salary pensions (not public sector either). If it is not allowed to work then quite honestly the system is so rigged against ordinary people and especially the young then really I don’t care anymore.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
54 minutes ago, Lenelby said:

Thanks for that. I listened to some of it. About 20 mins of my life I won’t get back. I think he overestimates the importance of Grayscale, which right now has quite a small premium and this has fluctuated over the years; the 8 years since its launch that is and Bitcoin still hasn’t died in all that time despite him going on and on about it like a care home resident with dementia. It’s likely that an ETF tracker will be launched soon and that will be that. If institutions want to invest, and it was mainly institutions that were buying it for legal/custody reasons and not ‘dumb’ retail they will, and the ETF will be more efficient for both retail and institutions. And as for the return of the gold standard well, no different from Bitcoiners believing in a Bitcoin standard. It is just what you believe has value.

FWIW I do own an equal amount of gold funds, crypto, emerging markets and bonds and individual shares. The rest about 50% a mix of GBP and USD. I sold a lot of equity funds last January when this whole thing kicked off. I have a colleague from Wuhan and he when he started telling me what was going on I could see where this was going. I intended to buy back in after 40% drops but what I didn’t see was the lengths that central banks would go to keep the debt ponzi show on the road. 

Anyone who believes this tin pot forum influences the 1/2 trillion crypto market is delusional. I would say there is some good advice but make your mind up. I was sceptical when I started putting money in but over the years I’ve learned a lot more. I think my mother finally got it when I sent her a link to one of Raoul Pal’s videos last year.

Now I can see the price of Bitcoin drop in the next few weeks. Won’t be selling of course. If Bitcoin fails I’ve lost a few years savings but if it succeeds then ... But it will be even sweeter to see the likes of the hideous Lagarde, Schiff, Yellen, Bailey and the rest resisting it all the way. They have created a system that has fuelled inequality by grossly distorting financial reward to unproductive assets. As a gen Xer I’ve not done too badly from this, no mortgage, final salary pensions (not public sector either). If it is not allowed to work then quite honestly the system is so rigged against ordinary people and especially the young then really I don’t care anymore.

Well said. What I find amazing is why anyone currently priced out of adequate housing would side with the bankster cartels and their rigged system that has kept the plebeians under their financial jackboot. Even if you do not 'like' or 'understand' Bitcoin it is simply madness not to hodl a small percentage of your wealth in it as a hedge against the scum that would rather see you eating grass at the side of the road. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Huggy said:

Hodl McHodlface?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
23 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Thanks for the figure work.  I've learnt much on here and from the many resources online to now understand the Schiff doesn't even pose a rational argument.  Still good to ask from posters to make sure I've not missed anything.  My initial throughs were that what PS stated was no different to saying if you divide a £50 note into 5 x £10, each £10 note is now worth £50.  Not a clever argument.  

I've got a gold fund (not much in it) which I now have on hold and any spare money will be going in a completely different direction.  In terms of your religious title, I'm thinking which one best suits - Satoshi must be the Pope, Hal Finney (Cardinal) so I think that @markyhand @MonsieurCopperCrutchare Archbishops in the hierarchy!. I can't believe you undersold yourself @markyh😂

When will you learn.  Read the link below from @Lenelbyand other recent posts as to why BTC is not a Ponzi scheme.

Yes, it is.  Thanks.

Thanks @MonsieurCopperCrutch

I bought more...2.5k with another 2.5k ready. :) 

@mrlegend123I really didn't want to give you any oxygen but I've fallen for your nonsense again...Yawn.🥱

As above.

This link below is for fun but actually demonstrates that BTC is decentralised.

https://ambcrypto.com/microstrategy-ceo-addresses-fud-over-tax-increase-for-bitcoin-investors/?utm_source=thecryptoapp

@MonsieurCopperCrutch@markyh@longgone@Warlord@Chunketh@goldbug9999@jiltedjen@Peter Hun

Now this is very interesting and just reminds us there will be many well known institutions behind the scenes doing this.  When we hear about how the institutions, hedge funds, pension funds, mutual funds, family offices et all will be piling in, I have been wondering why - as in the detailed answer rather than applying what I may consider this to be a rationale response.  If you do not have time to listen to the whole podcast, which is great, do so from 1:21 as the focus is mainly on Saylor talking freely about BTC with references to PayPal, Square, Facebook, Google etc.  This man is way ahead of the pack and so freely shares his knowledge and expertise for free.  Those who have not committed have no excuse but you are the very ones who need to be educated on Bitcoin the most. There are around 5 additional BTC podcasts yet to be listened to.

Go to around 1:21.  This is EPIC! 

what`s all these fecking quotes ???

had i invested last week i would have made a loss 😂

sadly all this made up value is only based on a few chosen whales not selling once they exit its falls to pieces. 

There is no other argument for crypto that is its raison d'etre never sell so it has value, even those advocating know its really an elaborate Ponzi. 

HOLA4423
25 minutes ago, longgone said:

what`s all these fecking quotes ???

had i invested last week i would have made a loss 😂

sadly all this made up value is only based on a few chosen whales not selling once they exit its falls to pieces. 

There is no other argument for crypto that is its raison d'etre never sell so it has value, even those advocating know its really an elaborate Ponzi. 

Sigh. Jesus wept, go on then. For one more time explain to everyone why it is a ponzi...

🙄

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
12 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Fake news by Yellen, Lagarde et al regarding nefarious actors and Bitcoin caused this piggyback and no doubt it will continue.  They really should have kept quiet. 

https://dailyhodl.com/2021/01/26/banks-not-bitcoin-in-australia-laundered-387000000-for-latin-american-drug-cartels-report/

I was a bit surprised to see them barking up that tree in the first place.

breaking-bad-money.gif