House Price Crash Forum

All fines should be refunded, and prisoners released, on receipt of an apology.

HOLA441
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, winkie said:

The problem is they accuse others of the same thing they and those like them and support them do themselves..... hypocrites.

This childish behaviour is not helping our country.......time wasting and pathetic.....time well overdue.;)

Yes that strange moment when Sunak did an 'address the nation' speech outside no 10 against divisiveness.

The excuses being made for him are kind of worse. This Hester guy seems to have revealed something deeply vile about himself and the Tory politicians line up to try to defend it.

What on earth is going on at no 10 ? If Sunak can't show leadership over something like this then whats the point of him ? He's meant to be leading a nation and seems to be buffeted about by the freaks inhabiting this incarnation of Tories...

Also, this verbal diarrhoea of violent misogyny reminds me of the Jeremy Clarkson comments - poisoned numpties of a certain generation ?

HOLA443
8 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Who cares? The victim in all of this is a woman who gets death threats every single day from racists and bigots for having the temerity to represent her constituents in parliament.

I find that very hard to believe because threats are traceable by the police, and I don't believe they would be reticent in prosecuting.

HOLA444
Just now, zugzwang said:

Who cares? The victim in all of this is a woman who gets death threats every single day from racists and bigots for having the temerity to represent her constituents in parliament.

It's not clear what point you are making.  Do you think that the offensive remarks were insubstantial because Abbot deals with genuine death threats every single day?  If you believe that, then one has to wonder, do you really think that people dislike her on account of her gender and race?  If you've ever listened to Abbot speak, I'm sure you can come up with other plausible reasons people might not like her. 

HOLA445
1 hour ago, A.steve said:

It's not clear what point you are making.  Do you think that the offensive remarks were insubstantial because Abbot deals with genuine death threats every single day?  If you believe that, then one has to wonder, do you really think that people dislike her on account of her gender and race?  If you've ever listened to Abbot speak, I'm sure you can come up with other plausible reasons people might not like her. 

Like what ?

HOLA446
HOLA447
5 hours ago, A.steve said:

I can't stand her but that doesn't make death threats ok

HOLA448
HOLA449
11 hours ago, pig said:

Yes that strange moment when Sunak did an 'address the nation' speech outside no 10 against divisiveness.

The excuses being made for him are kind of worse. This Hester guy seems to have revealed something deeply vile about himself and the Tory politicians line up to try to defend it.

What on earth is going on at no 10 ? If Sunak can't show leadership over something like this then whats the point of him ? He's meant to be leading a nation and seems to be buffeted about by the freaks inhabiting this incarnation of Tories...

Also, this verbal diarrhoea of violent misogyny reminds me of the Jeremy Clarkson comments - poisoned numpties of a certain generation ?

Didn't understand that address, what was the point of it?.......making it look like people that speak out about care and compassion of humanity, people that speak out concerned about what is happening with the change in global weather patterns and sea temperature rises and melting of the ice caps are trouble makers and should shut up and put up.....not got good vibes, the rhetoric about where this is all going, criticising those who want to improve community cohesion, those that hope for peace and security throughout the world.......why should they not speak up in a democratic free country?.......if they don't who will?;)

HOLA4410
6 hours ago, Si1 said:

I know there have been some that have taken the piss out of her about her numeracy, but she doesn't deserve to die, that is no joke.....she has been voted in as constituency MP since 1987......an MP longer than most, so must be doing something right, let her speak.;)

HOLA4411
11 hours ago, A.steve said:

Are you serious? No-one in British public life has endured more racially inspired hatred than Diane Abbott. Decades of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/13/frank-hesters-ugly-words-about-me-are-a-reminder-all-parties-including-labour-must-stand-against-racism

There have been days of discussion about the Conservative party’s biggest donor, Hester, saying in 2019: “It’s like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV and you’re just like, I hate, you just want to hate all black women because she’s there, and I don’t hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot.”

Reading his remarks, I was upset but not surprised. This is partly because I am hardened to racist abuse. I receive hundreds of abusive emails, phone calls and letters monthly, and the numbers shoot up whenever I am in the media.

Most of this correspondence targets my appearance, questions my intelligence and features classic racist lines such as: “Go back to where you come from.” Recently, the abuse has taken an even darker turn, with accusations of child abuse. For instance: “If you and your child want to ****** children, go back to one of your sick third-world shitholes and bury yourself, sicko.”

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
16 hours ago, Huggy said:

I have the answer right here!

The response from this muppet of an MP is classic case of "If you cannot blind them with brilliance then baffle them with bullsh*t".

It was almost painful to watch/listen to this 'car crash' of an interview. It is so unbelievably depressing to realise that this is the calibre of person that gets elected to our national parliament and makes our laws.

Sometimes you just don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
11 hours ago, Si1 said:

Like John McDonnell who use the Phrase Lynch the Bitch about Esther McVey. That was an actual MP and you regularly see people suggesting heads on a spike or being shot about conservative MP's do they not count as death threats. Look at the comments around bankers on the great financial crash there were lots of death threats around then too. either no death threats are acceptable or they all are you cant pick and choose Diane Abbot is not aloud Fred Goodwin or Rishi is.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
23 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Hester's got a lot of form. Made a lot of his money from the Covid boondoggle, apparently.

I suspect his propects have dimmed somewhat in light of this exposure which might otherwise be entitled 'How to lose friends and disenchant people within the NHS.'

Nah.

He's a strange bloke, with a high margin  business.

Patient n GP records. Square root if fkall to do with coof, or any PPE shenanigans.

HOLA4419
22 hours ago, pig said:

The turnover at Hesters company is pretty high.

He pays well above going rate.

I've been working my contacts - before thus - to try n get some inside info about his products.

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

I've been working my contacts - before thus - to try n get some inside info about his products.

The Phoenix Partnership (TPP)'s big product is SystmOne an Electronic Patient Record used by GPs and other community services.  TPP has almost a duopoly on that market with EMIS (recently bought by UnitedHealth).  That duopoly allows TPP high margins for a mediocre product.

HOLA4421
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, spyguy said:

Nah.

He's a strange bloke, with a high margin  business.

Patient n GP records. Square root if fkall to do with coof, or any PPE shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Will! said:

The Phoenix Partnership (TPP)'s big product is SystmOne an Electronic Patient Record used by GPs and other community services.  TPP has almost a duopoly on that market with EMIS (recently bought by UnitedHealth).  That duopoly allows TPP high margins for a mediocre product.

Patient and GP records eh?

That would be the ones you can't opt out of? A database that contains your life history yet isn't covered by GDPR right of erasure.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4422
7 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

That would be the ones you can't opt out of? A database that contains your life history yet isn't covered by GDPR right of erasure.

Bit too tinfoil hatted.

Last time I looked its just the application.

I dont think TPP touches the data.

HOLA4423
11 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Bit too tinfoil hatted.

That doesn't alter the fact that the data exists and is exempt from the requirements of GDPR and can not be erased.

HOLA4424
12 hours ago, spyguy said:

There have been a number of articles about him benefitting from Covid contracts - the implication being that he's fleecing the NHS and chucking some of the profits the conservative parties way.

https://goodlawproject.org/winner-of-huge-public-contracts-becomes-tories-biggest-ever-donor/

HOLA4425
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Bit too tinfoil hatted.

From a "A Short Friendly Guide to using SystmOne", which is written by a SystmOne user group not TPP.

A SHORT, FRIENDLY GUIDE TO USING SYSTMONE IN THE PRACTICE

A Short Friendly Guide to using SystmOne v5.6.docx Page 7 of 153

2. The big picture

Let’s get it right from the start – SystmOne is not a primary care computer system. It’s much bigger than
that: it can record a patient’s entire medical record, whether the information is generated in primary
care, secondary care or the community. Indeed, the patient’s record doesn’t even reside in the practice
but in an external data warehouse in St Albans, replicated in other areas of the country.

Why is this important? Can’t we just treat SystmOne as though it’s an ordinary primary care IT system?
Well, you could… except that if you do you will miss the point – and perhaps more importantly not
realise the immense potential and power that SystmOne can bring.

The biggest problem currently facing medical IT is of accessing and sharing information held in, or
created by, different parts of the NHS. Because many of the NHS’s IT systems were created for specific
individual functions (e.g. hospital administration) they often work only for that type of unit, and aren’t
necessarily that good at communicating with other stand-alone systems within the NHS. There can easily
be 120 separate IT systems within a single hospital, most of them not talking to each other (or at least,
not easily). As a result, nationally we have a highly complex set of connections between a huge range of
NHS computers, all of them trying to connect up information about the same patient.

SystmOne goes about it entirely the opposite way. It has only a single record for each patient,
potentially visible (perhaps just in part) by each physical part of the NHS — primary care, secondary care
or community. At a stroke this obviates all the connectivity problems. There is therefore no problem
with obtaining physical access to different parts of the NHS record: in SystmOne all the information sits
in that external database.

Does that mean that everyone in the NHS can see all SystmOne patient information wherever they are,
and wherever that record was created? No, because that information is effectively filtered so each NHS
organisation can only access that part of the patient record which it is legally allowed to see and use.
Exactly who can access which bits of the patient record is at all times carefully controlled to maintain
confidentiality.

So there is just one record for each patient. But it gets even better! When a patient moves to a new
Practice there is no need for his/her information to be moved within that data warehouse, if both
practices use SystmOne: the only change is to that part of her record which says which practice they are
registered with. From then on the new practice can ‘see’ the patient’s record and the old one can’t.
Because there is no physical transfer of the record from Practice A to Practice B, the time taken to swap
is minimal; but more importantly, the way the record looks in the second practice is exactly the same as
it looked in the first practice.

Confidentiality, sharing, and limiting access

Remember, all the information about an individual patient is held within a single record: the only
limitation on which part you can access depends upon the NHS body you work for, your role within it,
and what the patient has agreed you can or cannot see1.

The practical side of this is that clinicians using SystmOne don’t have to worry about whether they can
physically pass information to or from their colleagues’ IT systems: within SystmOne it’s ultra-easy,
unlike many other systems (or joined-up systems).

What is the practical outcome of all this? SystmOne actually solves the problem that has bugged NHS IT
from the very beginning — that of communication between the various parts of the NHS, and the
creation of a unified patient record. In theory at least, secondary care can see what has been going on in
primary care, and vice versa2; the district nurses can see immediately what medicines the patient is on;
and opticians and chiropodists can immediately be made aware of background medical situations that
affect their discipline – such as a patient with diabetes.

Sharing and communication

A lot of work in the NHS concerns the communication of information: the GP writes a referral letter to
tell the hospital about the patient; or a clinic needs to tell the GP what they have found and done. But if
the hospital can see the GP record, or the GP can see the GPwSI clinic’s notes, then there is no need for
detailed letters full of data to pass between the two; there is no delay while complicated letters are
dictated, typed, checked, posted, and scanned; no chance of mistakes from transcription errors or mis-
heard dictation. All this saves time, stops confusion, improves the quality of information available to
each clinician and reduces the chance of mistakes, mis-transcriptions and delays.

Then there are the communication aspects of SystmOne. SystmOne isn’t just a way of storing joined-up
medical information; it also contains an extremely good communication system. Anyone, wherever they
are based, using SystmOne to deal with an individual patient can send or receive messages to and from
other healthcare workers dealing with that same patient.

There’s another benefit here. Because all the information is kept in a single data warehouse it is quite
possible for appropriate NHS organisations to analyse that information for everyone under its care. In
this way, CCGs can analyse what is happening to all the patients in their area, regardless of which
practice they belong to, and irrespective of whether they have been seen by secondary care, community
staff or whatever3.

Now clearly, this neat system only applies to those healthcare bodies that are actually using SystmOne.
If a patient is in a practice using an alternative primary care system, or writing and storing notes in paper
form, then this neat ability to share information won’t work. That is why we still need functions such as
GP2GP and medical portals – but by definition these will not be necessary when sending information
between two providers both of which use SystmOne.

Summary

SystmOne isn’t just a primary care computer system: it is much bigger than that — it can record a
patient’s entire medical record. At a stroke this removes all the problems over integrating the patient
record and communicating it between various parts of the NHS.

One of SystmOne’s strengths is of communication between all those who have access to a
patient’s medical record.

1 There are some subtle qualifications to this, but that’s for later — see Sharing information on page 43 )
2 Though clearly, primary care will only be able to view that part of the secondary care record which has been
entered in SystmOne: in the majority of cases GPs clearly won’t be able to view the whole of the hospital record,
which will have been recorded on completely different IT systems…. (or paper!)
3 There are of course robust mechanisms to avoid breaching individual confidentiality.

A Short Friendly Guide to using SystmOne v5.6 p 7 to 9.pdf