UK Conscription

HOLA441
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Wouldn't surprise me to see a "quick route to British citizenship" enlistment scheme offered though. Come and train as a medic/cook/driver in the British army and get the passport. Fill the (alleged) shortages and keep numbers up in the forces.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
9 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see a "quick route to British citizenship" enlistment scheme offered though. Come and train as a medic/cook/driver in the British army and get the passport. Fill the (alleged) shortages and keep numbers up in the forces.

Well they will not require much training as we have already allowed a million fighting age military trained men to rock up on our shores. But I don't think they will be fighting for us.

And they are strategically placed in every major town and city in the UK just waiting for the call to arms.  

HOLA447
8 minutes ago, FANG said:

Well they will not require much training as we have already allowed a million fighting age military trained men to rock up on our shores. But I don't think they will be fighting for us.

And they are strategically placed in every major town and city in the UK just waiting for the call to arms.  

Don't worry, as part of the woke leftwaffe we've been noting down your valiant calls of resistance, and will point out to them who they should attack first...

HOLA448
14 minutes ago, nero120 said:

I think the British establishment should be very worried about arming and training large sections of the general population, they might find the guns being turned on someone other than the Russians...

I dunno, back in time we had far bigger armed forces, plus troops from empire countries (Canada, India, Australia, West Indies etc) stationed here and abroad. The establishment is generally very good at controlling the population.

HOLA449

Definitely not there is not much left of the old Britain that exists. Abuse by elites, governments spending money on benefits rather than armed services, political correctness an immigration means this country isn't what I remember it in the 80'sband 90s.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
16 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

woke leftwaffe

That's improved my morning more than it probably should :lol:

HOLA4413

Johnson said in his Mail column that he'd sign up and fight for the country, in the full knowledge he would be far past the maximum age of conscription. 

Could you imagine Blobby Johnson on the battlefield? :D he'd be hid in a fridge until the fighting stopped, jump out and claim the credit for victory.

HOLA4414
9 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

God not another wibble topic on conscription

You lot really are easily distracted from Post Office scandal and Michelle Mone getting he assets frozen

As a citizen of HPC, your expected to give service of 2 posts to such threads when such HPC emergencies occur 😉. 

We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them in the comments section on YouTube.....

HOLA4415

That story about conscription was very weird. 

Planted simultaneously in many media.

I reckon it was to test to see how the ongoing national demoralisation campaign is working so far.

It's working poorly on me. Don't let them win. Take the Honk Pill, realise Life is Great, don't be demoralised, and don't fight for them either. ✓✓✓

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

A colleague of mine is a reservist medical officer.  He says Reserves have withered away since Iraq and Afghanistan, although he says whether that's through indifference or being deliberately starved into that state is a matter of opinion.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
34 minutes ago, Stewy said:

I reckon it was to test to see how the ongoing national demoralisation campaign is working so far.

It's working poorly on me. Don't let them win. Take the Honk Pill, realise Life is Great, don't be demoralised, and don't fight for them either. ✓✓✓

It did seem odd. The prospect is certainly out there in conversation now...

Maybe just an ex-forces leader trying to shock the government into actually taking defence seriously?

Senior politicians selling the country as now pre-war was concerning though!

HOLA4421
Just now, btd1981 said:

It did seem odd. The prospect is certainly out there in conversation now...

Maybe just an ex-forces leader trying to shock the government into actually taking defence seriously?

Senior politicians selling the country as now pre-war was concerning though!

1) It's the standard modus operandi when the economy turns to sh1t 

2) The British establishment are completely unhinged when it comes to Russia, it goes back decades.

For the past two years they've been painted as incompetent yet suddenly (now that Ukraine's been bled white) they're on the cusp of invading all of East Europe. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Stewy said:

Yes, I actually expected someone to point this out earlier.

HOLA4423
12 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

1) It's the standard modus operandi when the economy turns to sh1t 

2) The British establishment are completely unhinged when it comes to Russia, it goes back decades.

For the past two years they've been painted as incompetent yet suddenly (now that Ukraine's been bled white) they're on the cusp of invading all of East Europe. 

Absolutely this ,as soon as the wheels fall off the economy, defence spending ramps up. 

The worry is that the pseudo threat becomes taken seriously, and the rhetoric ramps up to the point where it becomes a real domestic issue.

I quite enjoy watching the Red Square parades, and frankly they are a shadow of the past, they just look outdated.

Conscription doesn’t really work effectively alongside a professional army as the conscripts take up too much of the professional soldier/sailor/airforce/marines time to train.

Its another symptom of a worn out unimaginative government and not surprising to hear this fear monger if in an election year, as every conservative manifesto tries to sell themselves as the party of defence, whereas the reality is they have stripped our armed forces to the bone,1981 navy cuts spring to mind first. 

It’s worrying(and frankly embarrassing )when we are sending under armed type 45 destroyers with dodgy propulsion systems into the Gulf.

What happens to our defence strategy if Trump is reelected and pulls NATO spending?

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Postman said:

Johnson said in his Mail column that he'd sign up and fight for the country, in the full knowledge he would be far past the maximum age of conscription. 

Could you imagine Blobby Johnson on the battlefield? :D he'd be hid in a fridge until the fighting stopped, jump out and claim the credit for victory.

Johnson knows that it's true what they say - old soldiers never die.

Just young ones.

HOLA4425