House Price Crash Forum

"Brexit has failed" - what happens next

HOLA441
On 07/08/2023 at 12:55, dugsbody said:

• Faster EU only queues when we arrive somewhere in the EU on a flight full of Brits.

Not where I go, as when the EUer E-gates aren't working there's only one queue (happens quite regularly). Quite funny really.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
On 07/08/2023 at 19:10, kzb said:

Looking at a longer term plot like that, it looks to me that the 2015 peak is anomalous for the post-2008 era.   The pound seems to have settled back to a similar level to 2009-2013. 

Pre Euro the pound varied with the Spanish paseta between 185 (early 90's perhaps) - 250 (early 2000's). Never been stable.

HOLA443
12 minutes ago, yodigo said:

Pre Euro the pound varied with the Spanish paseta between 185 (early 90's perhaps) - 250 (early 2000's). Never been stable.

On purchase power parity, the pound was well ahead of the peseta.  Very noticeable how prices in Spain increased with the Euro I thought.

HOLA444
Just now, kzb said:

On purchase power parity, the pound was well ahead of the peseta.  Very noticeable how prices in Spain increased with the Euro I thought.

They did. This was bought home to me early on, 2004, I bought a pair of trainers in Spain for about 100 euros, then realised they were cheaper in the UK!

HOLA445
HOLA446
13 hours ago, davemb said:

Britain needs to resign it's membership of the IMF and the UN and any other giant organisation that threatens our sovereignty 

Don’t forget reality - biggest threat to our sovereignty of all is reality. 

HOLA447
HOLA448

Just like putting fear into the people, if can be nasty to some people they can be nasty to all people...... compassionate people don't talk the way they do, they see there is a problem and deal with it in an ethical, efficient, fair way, all countries require to liaise with other countries to get things done, not cut back doing nothing anything for years, then blame anyone or anything except themselves.....;)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 07/08/2023 at 19:06, Bruce Banner said:

Sunak's cronies are putting some asylum seekers onto the barge now.

I hope they like it and tell all their friends, currently in Calais, how good it is so they all come over.

The more the merrier :D.

Edit: They had 35 people on the coach, 15 boarded the barge and 20 refused :lol:.

For those who think that small boats and Brexit are separate issues, I give you...

New report on small boat crossings launched by Professor Thom Brooks - Durham University

Tbh the whole thing looks deliberate to me, let alone Brexit causing this mess

They look like they are deliberately creating a bizarre mess as part of grooming a constituency to vote for them.

HOLA4411
9 minutes ago, pig said:

They look like they are deliberately creating a bizarre mess as part of grooming a constituency to vote for them.

Easier to offer made up solutions to made up problems ;)

HOLA4412
30 minutes ago, pig said:

Yeah, just like the tiny minority that are in 4 star hotels. Put in 4 star hotels by the very government who are complaining about it. Nope, you couldn't make it up but they have. Still it gets steam coming out of the Brex shtters arses.  

HOLA4413
15 minutes ago, miguel said:

Yeah, just like the tiny minority that are in 4 star hotels. Put in 4 star hotels by the very government who are complaining about it. Nope, you couldn't make it up but they have. Still it gets steam coming out of the Brex shtters arses.  

If we could harness Gammon rage to make electricity we'd be energy independent and 100% renewable ;)

HOLA4414
16 minutes ago, miguel said:

Three homes Jenrick, he who visited them all during lockdown, was blathering on about 4 star hotels this morning :rolleyes:.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
17 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Couldn't be less alike. We don't live in France and I hate cheddar.

It just goes to show that Brexit has ruined so many different peoples' lives. 

Oh right so one couple becomes so many different people, there is no sympathy in reality for these stories, the vast majority think ‘oh well never mind’.

personally I think tough luck you didn’t get what you wanted boohoo.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425