House Price Crash Forum

Voting photo ID

Voting photo ID  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have your photo ID ready to vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not going to vote

HOLA441
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

I am going to argue with the lady behind the table and accuse her of being a Tory before showing my ID and voting anyway. The Tories are attempting to disenfranchise a whole swathe of the UK under the guise of "fixing a security issue" that does not even exist. I am going to do my bit toward what I predict will be a massive fiasco and an own goal for the Tories.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Important all people have a vote, are able to vote. Will be interesting to find out how many turned away for not having the right ID with them......hope those figures are published.

IMO surely postal votes are more open to abuse or fraud than going to vote in person, such as others voting on someone else's behalf....... article from 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26520836

HOLA447

I have the necessary papers to participate in the establishment-ordained cherade... once past the enforcers, 50/50 my vote will be cast via a big jizzing caracature phallus.

I doubt that ultimately my opinion will have any bearing on our overlords' chosen trajectory.

Edited by ftb_fml

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
24 minutes ago, fellow said:

Is this designed to stop the underclass from voting?

As free voter ID is available to anyone who wants it, the only people it will prevent from voting are people who wouldn't have been bothered about voting anyway.

HOLA4411
52 minutes ago, winkie said:

Why a pensioners bus pass eligible but not a student id card?;)

Because the old are treated preferentially and their vote has been traditionally more coveted? 

1 hour ago, Postman said:

under the guise of "fixing a security issue" that does not even exist. 

I thought postal voting was where the big fraud risk was where having ID has little meaning.

It does reek of fixing a problem that doesn't exist becuase it's easy, while missing the real risk.

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Because the old are treated preferentially and their vote has been traditionally more coveted? 

I thought postal voting was where the big fraud risk was where having ID has little meaning.

It does reek of fixing a problem that doesn't exist becuase it's easy, while missing the real risk.

I'd have preferred them to start with postal voting and then move onto voter ID, but once voter ID has been introduced then the focus can move to postal voting. 

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, fellow said:

Is this designed to stop the underclass from voting?

Young people, or rather be another slight bump in the road.

Those that are determined will vote. Those that have travelled abroad or drive will be OK. I am not sure that many 18 year olds would have passed both these hurdles when I was that age.

1 hour ago, winkie said:

Why a pensioners bus pass eligible but not a student id card?;)

Because the intent is to stop young people voting.

HOLA4414
39 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Agree.....a degree of manipulation.......what is wrong with someone bringing their polling card that was posted to their home address along with a debt or credit card with matching name....... something more underlying  going on.

A forerunner to bringing in a universal national ID card?;)

HOLA4415
6 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Young people, or rather be another slight bump in the road.

Those that are determined will vote. Those that have travelled abroad or drive will be OK. I am not sure that many 18 year olds would have passed both these hurdles when I was that age.

Because the intent is to stop young people voting.

I know for a fact, many young people and older people also do not drive in London, they don't need to......holding a passport, not everyone has one of those for sure.

Another hurdle is knowing where to go and getting there to get a photo for the id card, and of course there is the price.;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Lets take a hint from Glasto. Submit a photo when going on the electoral roll. That way they could print your ID on the useless poll card that comes through the post (that everyone takes along anyway), make it useful and solve the "problem"

Or was that not the objective?

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, winkie said:

I know for a fact, many young people and older people also do not drive in London, they don't need to......holding a passport, not everyone has one of those for sure.

Another hurdle is knowing where to go and getting there to get a photo for the id card, and of course there is the price.;)

I doubt blocking younger people out of the process is the intention but there won't be too much concerns about this.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, nightowl said:

They've unofficially achieved it anyway by all parties being superficially pensioner parties of some description.

oh deffo.

The reasons behind this are transparently obvious.

Much like housing 5000 asylum seekers in army camps, it will do ****** all but will rally the ******wits that sex wee for the Daily Wail. 

This is a government of division now. They have no track record of achievements, only shit they want to sweep under the carpet. Morally corrupt, bereft of direction, the only thing they have is to divide the population against each other in the hope of no one holding them to account.

They ******ing disgust me.

Edited by Chunketh

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
4 hours ago, Cocha said:

As free voter ID is available to anyone who wants it, the only people it will prevent from voting are people who wouldn't have been bothered about voting anyway.

Are you really dim enough to believe that.

The only reason this is being introduced is because the people in charge believe it will favour them. May only be a 1% bias but that could make a difference in many seats

HOLA4424
HOLA4425