• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Yet another boring political thread which will inevitably descend into personal insults. This should be moved off topic as it has nothing to do with house prices or the economy. I bet most people here have never even heard of Lord Geidt.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, fellow said:

Yet another boring political thread which will inevitably descend into personal insults. This should be moved off topic as it has nothing to do with house prices or the economy. I bet most people here have never even heard of Lord Geidt.

Does anyone really care?

Why are you so bothered by this?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Personally I think not publishing it is probably worse for the government.

So this is the guy I heard on one of the committees a couple of days ago,  flailing around obscurely in a really strange way under questioning. If your brain can take it its worth a listen.

HOLA4415

....as if by magic lol:

This week, however, I was tasked to offer a view about the government’s intention to consider measures which risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code. This request has placed me in an impossible and odious position. My informal response on Monday was that you and any other minister should justify openly your position vis-à-vis the code in such circumstances. However, the idea that a prime minister might to any degree be in the business of deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end. This would make a mockery not only of respect for the code but licence the suspension of its provisions in governing the conduct of Her Majesty’s ministers. I can have no part in this.

edit:

option 1: delay in publishing to allow BJ to scramble for a response.

option 2: delay in publishing due to something else going on, note strange committee appearance.

H

Edited by pig

HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, pig said:

....as if by magic lol:

edit:

option 1: delay in publishing to allow BJ to scramble for a response.

option 2: delay in publishing due to something else going on, note strange committee appearance.

H

Option 3: Make sure people are talking about interest rates.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Timm said:

Or maybe this resignation noise is to STOP people from talking about interest rates and deflect attention from the falling pound and the fact that the BoE just made everyone's life more expensive.

HOLA4418
3 hours ago, Gurgle said:

Or maybe this resignation noise is to STOP people from talking about interest rates and deflect attention from the falling pound and the fact that the BoE just made everyone's life more expensive.

Could be!

Or perhaps there are so many messes and muddles that they just blur into each other!

HOLA4419
5 hours ago, Timm said:

Good one - but too technical ?

I suspect he's resigning over partygate + the general swamp but was corralled into doing it at a time of minimum damage. Although it wouldn't surprise me if theres something else we don't even know about yet.

You get 2 or 3 scandals per government but this one seems to be on 2 or 3 month atm lol.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
16 minutes ago, msi said:

A full page of posts and no Labour whataboutism.  Perhaps the penny is finally dropping...

OK since you insist. . . b. b . . bb. . but Starmer, currygate! He's corrupt! A liar. Johnson lies b b bbut Starmer lies just as much an an they are all the same an an and my dads bigger than your dad. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Raab on Sky this morning just kept parroting "we're getting on with the job".

This revolting government is beneath contempt.

But it also highlights just how appalling the opposition are as well.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425