House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agent loses job after manhandling Chris Whitty

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
2 hours ago, crash-and-burn said:

Whatever you think of Chris Whitty, I don't think anyone deserves to be humiliated or manhandled in such a fashion.

I disagree. He participates in the forced humiliation of the whole country with the CCPV rules; why should he endure some of his own medicine?

When someone told me about the story and how sorry they felt for *****-in-a-suit

HOLA444

Turns out the person who manhandled Chris Whitty for a selfie was an estate agent, now an ex-estate agent of course!

Whatever you think of Chris Whitty, I don't think anyone deserves to be humiliated or manhandled in such a fashion.

Eh? Why would anyone think anything negative about Chris for doing his damn job? That stupid covidiot thug should be in sentenced. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
21 minutes ago, Drat said:

Their excuse was mainly that they wanted a selfie.  Sums up most anti-vaxers ("Look at me!  I am so alternative!"). Frickin idiots...

Exactly this. Fecking prks

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
5 hours ago, crash-and-burn said:

Turns out the person who manhandled Chris Whitty for a selfie was an estate agent, now an ex-estate agent of course!

Not even Boris the Johnson? Just asking

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, Tiger131 said:

I'm guessing alcohol was probably involved, he wouldn't say boo to a goose normally.

Yes the story says alcohol was involved.

May well be the case. When a student, one of the other students  I hung around with was exactly like this  - polite, respectful of everyone. Until you went to the pub with him. One night he tried to throw me through a  window "for a joke". Next day was all apologetic and said it was the alcohol. 

HOLA4411
44 minutes ago, MancTom said:

Yes the story says alcohol was involved.

May well be the case. When a student, one of the other students  I hung around with was exactly like this  - polite, respectful of everyone. Until you went to the pub with him. One night he tried to throw me through a  window "for a joke". Next day was all apologetic and said it was the alcohol. 

They are banning the wrong drugs, alcohol has ruined more lives than anything else.

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, cbathpc said:

I feel like what these lads did was bad, but the retribution is not going to fit the crime. It's basically life over for these two at this point

Not really - they were drunken idiots and they deserve the abuse that they have been getting, including been sacked (would you want your customers greeted by them tomorrow?)

But they are 24.  By the time they are 34 no-one will remember this incident.  To be honest, a year from now most people will have forgotten it.

Yes, they will have to live with Google searches bringing up this yobbery for the rest of their lives.  But lots of people have shameful incidents in their past: dropping out of schools, criminal records etc and that isn't "life over".

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
8 minutes ago, crash-and-burn said:

It is strange how certain drugs are accepted culturally, whereas others are demonised and made illegal. 

In a country I used to live in the police helicopters that were used to find the canabis plantations in the bush were funded by the largest beer brewer. Probably tells you everything you need to know about that.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It is strange how certain drugs are accepted culturally, whereas others are demonised and made illegal. 

Exactly, alcohol can turn people into yobs, they wouldn't have done this if they had been smoking or just sober, pubs are everywhere in London, alcohol=good pot=bad does this make any sort of sense either logically or morally?

Edited by Tiger131

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, Tiger131 said:

Exactly, alcohol can people into yobs, they wouldn't have done this if they had been smoking or just sober.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions but doesn't create anything that's not there in the first place, it just lowers the mental barriers that most people keep in place to stop themselves acting in ways that they might. If it's totally against someone's basic nature to hassle someone like this then they won't do it no matter how much they've drunk.

Basically alcohol doesn't turn people in to yobs. Anyone who's a yob when drunk is a yob when sober who's just managing to constrain it.

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Alcohol lowers inhibitions but doesn't create anything that's not there in the first place, it just lowers the mental barriers that most people keep in place to stop themselves acting in ways that they might. If it's totally against someone's basic nature to hassle someone like this then they won't do it no matter how much they've drunk.

Basically alcohol doesn't turn people in to yobs. Anyone who's a yob when drunk is a yob when sober who's just managing to constrain it.

I would agree with that. I'm not much into alcohol, but on the few times where I've gone way past my limits, I've still always been very self-aware of what it is I'm doing, even when I don't have the best bodily control and inhibitions are down. It's not like my moral compass has ever got overwritten by the drink.

Who knows if they would have acted out the same if they didn't have a drink inside of them, but it's surely indicative of their character, alcohol or no alcohol. 

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, crash-and-burn said:

I would agree with that. I'm not much into alcohol, but on the few times where I've gone way past my limits, I've still always been very self-aware of what it is I'm doing, even when I don't have the best bodily control and inhibitions are down. It's not like my moral compass has ever got overwritten by the drink.

Who knows if they would have acted out the same if they didn't have a drink inside of them, but it's surely indicative of their character, alcohol or no alcohol. 

I'm going somewhat by my own experiences admittedly (and I've plenty of experience with several pints of beer) but I'm the same. I'm actually considerably more cheerful when drunk (at least until I've had enough to start feeling ill); I'd probably be less likely to hassle someone like that who was responsible for something I strongly dislike after I've had a few, not that I want to imply I'm likely to do that sober either.

HOLA4420
35 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

👆x💯

Alcohol use is no excuse for being a complete and utter c***. 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Who am I? said:

In a country I used to live in the police helicopters that were used to find the canabis plantations in the bush were funded by the largest beer brewer. Probably tells you everything you need to know about that.

If cannabis was easily available I don't think many people would drink, the "feel good" from the cannabinoids is far superior to that from alcohol and the toxic effects (hangover) don't last anywhere near as long.

HOLA4423
21 minutes ago, Tiger131 said:

If cannabis was easily available I don't think many people would drink, the "feel good" from the cannabinoids is far superior to that from alcohol and the toxic effects (hangover) don't last anywhere near as long.

Drinking isn't only about getting drunk.

HOLA4424
32 minutes ago, Tiger131 said:

Everything in moderation.

I know enough people who kept going with the cannabis far after the rest of us stopped post university. Hasn't done wonders for their mental health nor general health.

Same as people who carry on drinking throughout the week rather than enjoying a drink or three at events or over a meal.

On the specific point, cannabis has been freely available in Holland for many years and parts of the USA for several. Hasnt had a material impact on alcohol consumption.

HOLA4425
14 hours ago, crash-and-burn said:

Except possibly estate agents.