House Price Crash Forum

Mass changes to UK immigration requirements

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, winkie said:

That is sad, wrong choices...... education doesn't buy sanity, stability or prudence.?

That's the price you pay for freedom, the ability to mess things up for yourself. You can try to nudge society to encourage a bit more self-responsibility but you'll never get everyone to behave themselves, and there's no vision of a world where it isn't necessary that doesn't appal me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, longgone said:

Not really they were just young and stupid, dead early 20`s. 

My aunt did that bought a motorbike and wrapped it around a tree. It cast a 50 years shadow over the family, my father (her brother obv) could never even talk about it. Even in the weeks before he died it was just too painful. People should think about that stuff first. Having said that I had a colleague who survived cancer in his 30's bought a sports car to celebrate, took me for a "spin" in Worcestershire, we touched 150mph at one point on a B-road. I would have liked to have been consulted first.

HOLA444
16 hours ago, winkie said:

Nobody in my class went to university......parents certainly didn't.?

Most of my ex-classmates are dead, then some went to prison and then moved to mental institutions. The fun of growing up in Hackney. I am the only normal one and I am 70% mad 

HOLA445
2 hours ago, prozac said:

Most of my ex-classmates are dead, then some went to prison and then moved to mental institutions. The fun of growing up in Hackney. I am the only normal one and I am 70% mad 

Mad no eccentric possibly....good old British personality trait.;)

HOLA446
16 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

My aunt did that bought a motorbike and wrapped it around a tree. It cast a 50 years shadow over the family, my father (her brother obv) could never even talk about it. Even in the weeks before he died it was just too painful. People should think about that stuff first. Having said that I had a colleague who survived cancer in his 30's bought a sports car to celebrate, took me for a "spin" in Worcestershire, we touched 150mph at one point on a B-road. I would have liked to have been consulted first.

Sadly young men do risky things especially drive too fast, going under a 100 was a rare thing in my 20s never had a accident mind you.

Been in 3 crashes someone else driving everytime.

HOLA447
On 02/03/2020 at 09:24, spyguy said:

Like all ex USSR states, Poland had a small number of highly trained technocrats and large number of grunts.

To that, you have to add the massive disruption from 1990 -> 2000 where the state pretty much collapsed and stopped paying for education and other social spend. The later is pretty much why ~50% of Poles decamped hen they had kids.

Where do you get this garbage from?

HOLA448
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

Where do you get this garbage from?

I spent 4 years from 1992, working in n around east Germany, ex Yugoslavia, Hungary n Poland.

I had a lot of time to kill. And the natives wanted to improve their English.

HOLA449
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

I spent 4 years from 1992, working in n around east Germany, ex Yugoslavia, Hungary n Poland.

I had a lot of time to kill. And the natives wanted to improve their English.

So, obsolete information from over a generation ago.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
14 hours ago, prozac said:

i suspect drugs and alcohol had a a part in that ? Probably growing up now the deaths would still occur but you would be knifed to death instead of self inflicted substance abuse. 

when i was at school in the early 90`s we had pupils coming in still high on trips and weed 13-14 years old. We just sneaked down the pub with made up fake ID on a type writer at 15. 

HOLA4413
6 hours ago, longgone said:

i suspect drugs and alcohol had a a part in that ? Probably growing up now the deaths would still occur but you would be knifed to death instead of self inflicted substance abuse. 

when i was at school in the early 90`s we had pupils coming in still high on trips and weed 13-14 years old. We just sneaked down the pub with made up fake ID on a type writer at 15. 

The knifed to death rate in London is very low, drugs and alcohol were a contributing factor but women and lack of prospects were part of it

HOLA4414
12 hours ago, prozac said:

You must have some very interesting stories 

Not really.

Dont confuse travelling with glamour esp. business travelling.

Everything was pretty shit.

Hotels were mucky. Food was terrible. Buildings were falling down.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
21 minutes ago, longgone said:

at least you felt at home then. 

To be honest, I was working in Bracknell at the time.

I was travelling from once concrete shithole to another.

The EE ones had better, cheaper beer. And no London slum clearance families so was a bit better.

HOLA4417
9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

The EE ones had better, cheaper beer. And no London slum clearance families so was a bit better.

Reminds me of czech when you get outside the capital high rise poorly maintained blocks very grey very weathered like an estate from the 70`s. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
4 hours ago, spyguy said:

Crikey you must be a total sadsack if you had a bad time as a Brit in EE in the '90s.

I worked in Russia back then and had an absolute blast. You couldn't fail to score with a bevvy of slim, stunning gals. Sweet memories.

Remarkable.

But then I guess 21,500 posts...tells a story.

HOLA4421
30 minutes ago, zilly said:

Crikey you must be a total sadsack if you had a bad time as a Brit in EE in the '90s.

I worked in Russia back then and had an absolute blast. You couldn't fail to score with a bevvy of slim, stunning gals. Sweet memories.

Remarkable.

I have to say Prague had some fabulous looking girls last year.  Makes a change from fat Brits falling out of spoons on DSS. 

HOLA4422
35 minutes ago, zilly said:

Remarkable.

My thoughts exactly 

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, zilly said:

Remarkable.

I was working very long hours.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425