Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Mass changes to UK immigration requirements


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Like all ex USSR states, Poland had a small number of highly trained technocrats and large number of grunts.

To that, you have to add the massive disruption from 1990 -> 2000 where the state pretty much collapsed and stopped paying for education and other social spend. The later is pretty much why ~50% of Poles decamped hen they had kids.

 

Complete BS.

One of the advantages of Poland is its well educated workforce.  Their education system is much better than the UK one and its free and accessible to everyone. The UK has two tier system: paid good private schools for rich and quite bad state schools for proles. 

That is the main reason there is a lot of foreign investment flowing there, many investment banks and global technology firms had their centers there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

World bank figures

https://data.worldbank.org/country/poland

 

Its hard to say how much Poland has grown in the last 15 years, at least internally.

Youll have to remove the flow of EU money and UK benefits.

 

Another BS. Their exports increased ten folds. EU money can't explain this. Money flowing from polish expats in the UK are tiny, below 1bln.  

Why do Czech, Malta, Portugal, Latvia, Hungary, Greece, Estonia, Lithuania and Luxembourg have a lower GDP growth but get more money per capita from the EU? 

image.thumb.png.36cd2715127e28beaebe5d1ef20c7f4f.png

Image result for EU countries GDP growth

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slawek said:

Another BS. Their exports increased ten folds. EU money can't explain this. Money flowing from polish expats in the UK are tiny, below 1bln.  

Why do Czech, Malta, Portugal, Latvia, Hungary, Greece, Estonia, Lithuania and Luxembourg have a lower GDP growth but get more money per capita from the EU? 

image.thumb.png.36cd2715127e28beaebe5d1ef20c7f4f.png

Image result for EU countries GDP growth

Those not great, when compared to the UK or Sweden.

Youd expect Poland and the other EE countries to post much better figures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

Those not great, when compared to the UK or Sweden.

Youd expect Poland and the other EE countries to post much better figures.

That shows there is not much correlation between the EU contributions and the GDP growth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slawek said:

Complete BS.

One of the advantages of Poland is its well educated workforce.  Their education system is much better than the UK one and its free and accessible to everyone. The UK has two tier system: paid good private schools for rich and quite bad state schools for proles. 

That is the main reason there is a lot of foreign investment flowing there, many investment banks and global technology firms had their centers there.

Thats Corynist ********.

A lot of UK state schools are very high performing.

The PISA scores for Poland:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1084528/europe-pisa-results-by-category/

Id bet the rating will fall when a large number of Polish families return to Poland and the spend/pupil is spread a lot more thinly.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, winkie said:

......any foreign student will first have to be quite wealthy to pay the fees,

......any English student will first have to be quite wealthy to pay the fees. Why do old gammons kick the young peoples in the nuts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, poppie said:

......any English student will first have to be quite wealthy to pay the fees. Why do old gammons kick the young peoples in the nuts?

No..

Currently, the student loan operates as an extra income tax on future earnings.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Thats Corynist ********.

A lot of UK state schools are very high performing.

The PISA scores for Poland:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1084528/europe-pisa-results-by-category/

Id bet the rating will fall when a large number of Polish families return to Poland and the spend/pupil is spread a lot more thinly.

 

 

I wouldn't say "A lot of UK state schools are very high performing". There are some, mostly grammar schools because they are selective.

It is still surprising what Poland can do with less money spent on education than the UK.  

I think those poorly educated in the UK might lower the average in Poland but I don't think this will be noticeable.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No..

Currently, the student loan operates as an extra income tax on future earnings.

 

Fees! 

Fees are huge in England. £9,250 a year and more for master year. Only rich boys can pay fees, little man doesn't want loan.

No wonder you need so many Indian graduate to do I.T. jobs. British Johnny cannot go to Uni in England. Now cannot easily get to EU Uni either.

Why you always punish young people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poppie said:

Fees! 

Fees are huge in England. £9,250 a year and more for master year. Only rich boys can pay fees, little man doesn't want loan.

No wonder you need so many Indian graduate to do I.T. jobs. British Johnny cannot go to Uni in England. Now cannot easily get to EU Uni either.

Why you always punish young people?

HE fees are rolled up into the student loan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, poppie said:

Fees! 

Fees are huge in England. £9,250 a year and more for master year. Only rich boys can pay fees, little man doesn't want loan.

No wonder you need so many Indian graduate to do I.T. jobs. British Johnny cannot go to Uni in England. Now cannot easily get to EU Uni either.

Why you always punish young people?

They are borrowed and you do not start to pay them back until you earn £24k per year. The delinquancy is going to be huge, perhaps 50%

The fact is that young people want to go to university more than they need to. When i went it was free true, but only 8% of people went and the alternative was the coal mine. Thank God things are better now.

Edited by debtlessmanc
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Thats Corynist ********.

A lot of UK state schools are very high performing.

The PISA scores for Poland:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1084528/europe-pisa-results-by-category/

Id bet the rating will fall when a large number of Polish families return to Poland and the spend/pupil is spread a lot more thinly.

 

 

So Polands scores are the second highest in Europe, but hey, some random comment from you trumps that. Right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a least the polish people and other EU citizens have the choice of the rest of the EU 30 other countries to choose to live and or work.....we are stuck with what we have unless wealthy enough or educated enough including speaking other European languages that they might want us, or our kids or their kids, kids.....works both ways.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

When i went it was free true, but only 8% of people went and the alternative was the coal mine. 

Why incentivize people with fairy tales of promised high earnings when you can just scare them with a life down pits ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

Nobody in my class went to university......parents certainly didn't.?

Quite a few did from my class, one went to oxford.   Not sure how they ended up i know a few are dead from drugs and driving too fast at trees. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, longgone said:

Why incentivize people with fairy tales of promised high earnings when you can just scare them with a life down pits ;) 

Something like that yes...

thing is i had at least an approximate idea of what was required to get a half decent job. Perhaps having two older brothets who failed spectacularly helped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, winkie said:

Well a least the polish people and other EU citizens have the choice of the rest of the EU 30 other countries to choose to live and or work.....we are stuck with what we have unless wealthy enough or educated enough including speaking other European languages that they might want us, or our kids or their kids, kids.....works both ways.?

But that is a meme, they don’t almost no uk people work at good jobs on the continent - 5 times more do in the rest of the anglosphere

Edited by debtlessmanc
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, longgone said:

Quite a few did from my class, one went to oxford.   Not sure how they ended up i know a few are dead from drugs and driving too fast at trees.

Well there is that work hard, play hard....high risks, burnout...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, debtlessmanc said:

But that is a meme, they don’t almost no uk people work at good jobs on the continent - 5 times more do in the rest of the anglosphere

Nice to have the freedom of choice.....not all good jobs mean earning good money.?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.