House Price Crash Forum

Mass changes to UK immigration requirements

7 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

No we have given our young people the impression that they will all end up as jet setting executives and all they will need is a piece of paper that's costs £27k. As an academic for 20 years I have been telling anyone who will listen that this would happen and it has.

Funny you should say that when I look at the job I used to do 20 years back lots of adverts require a degree and it still pay similar Yet I Dont have one. And i earnt more than what's on offer now.

How did it go so wrong.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, longgone said:

Funny you should say that when I look at the job I used to do 20 years back lots of adverts require a degree and it still pay similar Yet I Dont have one. And i earnt more than what's on offer now.

How did it go so wrong.

I blame Blair mostly. The higher eduacation explosion is based on a national myth that getting a degree opens the door to a well paid executive life. So folk will pay willingly rather than get taxed unwillingly. It has never been that different. Be well motivated, work hard and be clever equals a better paid job. The idea the education techniques get better so that we are all smart and can all be hospital consultants = madness

Edited by debtlessmanc
2 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Thank you - I was joking about the Euro zone being an economic miracle.  It is really awful.

Seriously many people hate Thatcher because of unemployment levels we suffered under her, why does no one hate the EU for much higher unemployment in the Euro zone?

Have you been living in a cave for the last ten years?

The stiff-neck sadomonetarists at the Bundesbank were endlessly criticised for getting it wrong over Greece, Spain and Portugal. Fortunately, the ECB was on hand to provide the enormous expansionary stimulus needed to reliquify the European banking system and then nurture the bailout economies back to health.

Most EU economies have comfortably outperformed the UK in the last three years and should continue to do so indefinitely into the future.

BUSINESS-EU-economic-forecast-summer-201

1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

The stiff-neck sadomonetarists at the Bundesbank were endlessly criticised for getting it wrong over Greece, Spain and Portugal. Fortunately, the ECB was on hand to provide the enormous expansionary stimulus needed to reliquify the European banking system and then nurture the bailout economies back to health.

Most EU economies have comfortably outperformed the UK in the last three years and should continue to do so indefinitely into the future.

How do these statistics function with freedom of movement? If vast  nos of  eg Portuguese young people leave to gets jobs elsewhere in the eurozone. How is that a success for the EU in terms of the unemployment in portugal. All it means is that the portuguese system is dysfunctional. When is the EU going to wade into eg italy to sort its corruption problems? If it never will then those countries will continue to empty for ever...

11 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

How do these statistics function with freedom of movement? If vast  nos of  eg Portuguese young people leave to gets jobs elsewhere in the eurozone. How is that a success for the EU in terms of the unemployment in portugal. All it means is that the portuguese system is dysfunctional. When is the EU going to wade into eg italy to sort its corruption problems? If it never will then those countries will continue to empty for ever...

If Greece can reform its black economy then the Italians can reform theirs.

6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

If Greece can reform its black economy then the Italians can reform theirs.

We were there (greece) last summer. The govt says that every restaurant has to offer payment by bank/credit card. Every single restaurant we ate at  claimed the machine was broken and we had to pay with cash, at least 10 places. You are deluded about this - sorry.

4 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

We were there (greece) last summer. The govt says that every restaurant has to offer payment by bank/credit card. Every single restaurant we ate at  claimed the machine was broken and we had to pay with cash, at least 10 places. You are deluded about this - sorry.

LOL,

i 100% agree with you on this, i know the Greeks well and this is not surprising i have never met a nationality that so much hates to pay tax, and without tax you will not get services.

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

People who pay tax are Malakas.

Yes, i was in a meeting of multiple nationalities and all four of the Greeks said they would not pay taxes or bills, i think most people inside agreed with them but no one had the courage to say it aloud, as they did not want to sound like malakas

PS google translates it as strong unless you change the source language to Greek

2 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Those are forecasts.

The reality is different.

Italy.

atlas_S1HMV3l44.png

If you add up the net growth Italy has not grown since about 1988.

Trust me, it feels like that when I'm out n about chatting. And that's the North too.

1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

I reckon - and this is chatting to a Portuguese family we know who reckons the same - that the UK is hosting about 1m Portuguese. That's about 10% of Portugals population.

6 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Those are forecasts.

The reality is different.

Italy.

atlas_S1HMV3l44.png

If you add up the net growth Italy has not grown since about 1988.

Trust me, it feels like that when I'm out n about chatting. And that's the North too.

Italy and Greece's problems predate the EU.

4 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Italy and Greece's problems predate the EU.

They do.

Italy went exgrowth in the mid 80s.

However the whole EU thing was sold on EU fixing Italie politics n economy.

Problem was the Euro, when the shit hit fan, blew up Italies economy.

They'll get their own back as whays left if Italies banking system will blow up the ECB.

Edited by spyguy