House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
16 hours ago, markyh said:

Those are the sub £3k holidays for a family of 4 , in a "3 star" venue. "Shudders, Nasty", the wife would never except it. 

I have been on an "all inclusive" holiday, but keep it a secret from my parents who consider them dreadfully common. Although as a child I yearned to go on one rather than being dragged around cultured spots of France. 

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Well I’m double vaccinated and just tested myself by holding a compass to my cranium. Nope not magnetic. Why does he think anyone will believe his BS? 

But how could you see the result if it was held up against your head? Unless you have eyes in sides and back of your head? 😉

HOLA443
12 hours ago, Riedquat said:

I rather assume he meant that you won't read articles saying they're no good in any decent scientific literature (even if aimed at popular science rather than researchers in the field) because such articles don't exist, for obvious reasons.

I think he was referring to the attitudes that I described in my post, rather than attacking my in post. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
45 minutes ago, captainb said:

You'd still have to vaccinate everyone in even the remote parts of the world at a quicker rate than a respiratory virus can spread. Doesn't seem that likely.

In some places if you got the vacciantion level up high outbreaks would be small as they would Peter out.. like measles in the west. However global eradication doesn't seem feasible, and never was once it went global.

Zero Covid has always been the cheapest and most robust strategy. Four week hard lockdown = 100x reduction in daily infections.

Look at the cost to Australia of Berejiklian's shilly-shallying in New South Wales.

HOLA446
17 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Bob8 says he has a PhD so you had better jump off a cliff from a one legged start position while patting your head and rubbing your tummy if he tells you to.

I see no reason to disbelieve his qualifications and he actually works with PCR tests. His view is also consistent with that of the medical consensus. 

You, by contrast, have no medical training and hold a view contrary to the medical consensus. 

You are the COVID equivalent of a flat earther. 

HOLA447
31 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I have been on an "all inclusive" holiday, but keep it a secret from my parents who consider them dreadfully common. Although as a child I yearned to go on one rather than being dragged around cultured spots of France. 

For me it’s not a holiday unless the basics are untapped good food and booze, nice pool, present clean surroundings and not far from the beach. I want lots of choice and to do nothing. Happy to take a few day trips to break things up. 

HOLA448
7 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Ah. Thanks!

I did take it to refer to the people who have no expertise or experience in PCR, and then assume they know the entire scientific commuity and healthcare community has it wrong. All this on the basis that they have seen a few YouTube clips and know better.

It is like someone who has never seen an aeroplane arguing that plane seats cannot fly.

Since we're discussing PCR, I thought this was interesting.

From SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England: technical briefing 20 (pdf), PCR cycle threshold (Ct) values from routinely undertaken tests in England show that Ct values (and by inference viral load) are similar between individuals who are unvaccinated and vaccinated.

Technical_Briefing_20.thumb.jpg.ef84c79dc65eb851c86cce1f6684e8cd.jpg

HOLA449
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

Zero Covid has always been the cheapest and most robust strategy. Four week hard lockdown = 100x reduction in daily infections.

Look at the cost to Australia of Berejiklian's shilly-shallying in New South Wales.

If that was the case logically we would expect Sydney to go now from 300 cases a day (roughly), to 3 by the end of August, given they have had troops on the street and all the rest of it for at least a week now?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Lovely gesture to offer vaccinations and/or covid testing during the wake. And offers a glimer of hope that this gentlemans premature death to covid will not have been in vain:

Family of unvaccinated Florida father organise Covid testing, vaccinations at his funeral

The family of an unvaccinated Florida man offered vaccines and Covid testing during his wake and funeral

The dying wish of an unvaccinated Florida father prompted his family to turn his funeral into a Covid vaccination and testing event.

Marquis Davis, 28, a married business owner from Cocoa, fell ill in late July and, within days of being hospitalized, it became apparent that the virus was going to win. He had been hesitant to get the vaccine but told his vaccinated wife, Charnese, from his sick bed that he’d changed his mind and wanted to receive it if he recovered.

“He was in the hospital. He said, ‘Bae, I’m going to get the vaccine when I get out of here,’” his wife told local ABC affiliate WFTV. So he was going to get it. I was like, ‘Good, I’m so happy you said that, but it’s too late.’”

In honour of Mr Davis, his family decided to offer Covid testing and vaccinations to coincide with his wake and funeral. The wake took place on Friday and the funeral was set for Saturday Dr R Shaun Ferguson, pastor of Faith Temple Christian Center, told The Independent that around 15 people had been vaccinated and 30 tested as of Saturday afternoon, but the process was ongoing.

“People were actually leaving the funeral and going across the street and getting vaccinated,” Dr Ferguson told The Independent. His church has been active in promoting proper information about the vaccine and encouraging community members to register, but this was the first time efforts had been held “in conjunction with a funeral home or wake”, he said.

Florida is quickly becoming a Covid epicentre in the US, recording its highest daily count this week since the beginning of the pandemic. The state reported 22,783 new cases on Thursday, 1,100 more than Florida’s previous single-day case count record last Saturday, according to the CDC.

The state helped support the vaccination and testing event in honour of Mr Davis, Dr Ferguson told The Independent. He added that the unusual funeral and wake arrangements were going “exceedingly well” and he felt members of the community were truly taking notice after the young father’s death and subsequent publicity.

“What we’re seeing is more and more young people are dying,” he said. “Before, if you remember, it was just the older population – so I think it’s just opening the eyes of young people.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/covid-vaccine-funeral-florida-b1898888.html

HOLA4412
On 06/08/2021 at 08:16, Bruce Banner said:

Sky News reporter suggested this morning that the big push threatening young adults with "you won't get in to clubs unless you're jabbed" is a bit of a ruse to get them jabbed before a Commons vote is necessary, as the government fears it would lose such a vote.

Wonder what the government would do if they all started having raves in fields instead and let the nightclubs (and their landlords) go bust?

HOLA4413
43 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Because I have a mirror.

Amazing things for self-reflection. You should buy one sometime. 

You believe in mirrors? 🤔

The MSM have really got to you - mirrors are owned by big pharma. You see what they want you to see. 

I could link a Bitchute video that explains it in detail. 

HOLA4414
On 05/08/2021 at 23:23, Casual-observer said:

If Govt's were being truly honest with people they'd say outright on tv your chances of COVID will rise dramatically by taking personal responsibility of your own health and lose the fat.  

That obviously cannot be permitted when it's a cheap and free solution as opposed to a profitable wonder drug they can farm out which politicians can cash in on along the way.

Never let a good crisis go to waste, especially one you can profit from

Hard to put over with a fat clown who won`t take responsibility for anything running the country?

HOLA4415
3 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Ah, look to Australia, the country that has embraced authoritiarianism that the USSR would be proud of whilst letting the rest of the world get on with finding a real solution. Anyone who can endorse that is the lowest of the low.

HOLA4416
19 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Ah, look to Australia, the country that has embraced authoritiarianism that the USSR would be proud of whilst letting the rest of the world get on with finding a real solution. Anyone who can endorse that is the lowest of the low.

It's been clearly explained to you before that exceptional times require exceptional measures, from strong leadership downwards. Instead what we got in plague island was a shower of inept corrupt clowns running a chitshow of populism forever bending the knee to the Tory filth. 

HOLA4417

Another one gone before his time. 😢

What I don't get is why they all want the jab after getting sick? 

article-9874201-46436795-873_964x543.jpg

'I thought it was just the elderly who got sick': Vaccine sceptic, 46, dies of Covid a month after sharing Facebook video from his ICU bed warning 'anyone with similar thoughts' to go and get jab

•  Removal firm boss Brian Lynch wanted more scientific data about the vaccine 
  •  The Blackburn resident fell unwell and vowed to get the jab after he recovered
  •  But he was placed in a medically-induced coma and died surrounded by family 
  •  He pleaded with others on social media to get the jab or 'hope it doesn't get you'

HOLA4418
52 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

It's been clearly explained to you before that exceptional times require exceptional measures, from strong leadership downwards. Instead what we got in plague island was a shower of inept corrupt clowns running a chitshow of populism forever bending the knee to the Tory filth. 

You know what, and I don't care if loads of others yawn at this comment, BUT.....I'll bet you there were loads of brain dead morons saying the same thing in early 30's Germany.  Even here in the UK we had a fair few too - who took to wearing blackshirts and shouting the same garbage.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4419
49 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

'I thought it was just the elderly who got sick': Vaccine sceptic, 46, dies of Covid a month after sharing Facebook video from his ICU bed warning 'anyone with similar thoughts' to go and get jab

•  The Blackburn resident fell unwell and vowed to get the jab after he recovered
  •  He pleaded with others on social media to get the jab or 'hope it doesn't get you'

46? To me he looked closer to 56 in the 'before' photo - and makes me look on the slim side.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, anonguest said:

You know what, and I don't care if loads of others yawn at this comment, BUT.....I'll bet you there were loads of brain dead morons saying the same thing in early 30's Germany.  Even here in the UK we had a fair few too - who took to wearing blackshirts and shouting the same garbage.

Okay let's play along with your dumb WWII analogy. I bet you think the Allies would have won if BJ and his clowns were in charge. 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

HOLA4421
37 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Another person dies after a positive PCR test. Clearly copy and pasted from the Daily Mail.

Is the reason you never actually link just in case someone mentions your previous posts?

It might make you look like a hypocrite who picks and chooses when a source is credible.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

From the land where men were men, to the ultimate nanny state, in a generation :(.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
14 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Okay let's play along with your dumb WWII analogy. I bet you think the Allies would have won if BJ and his clowns were in charge. 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

On the contrary.  We'd likely have lost even before Dunkirk!  AND in no small part also due to the whining thin skinned nature of the British public - IF todays lot had been around then

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4425
18 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Standard Oil was one of the winners of meat grinder round 2.