House Price Crash Forum

Boris Johnson Will Not Run For Leadership Of U.k. Conservative Party

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

^ Well, despite the Vile BBC-induced hype, 40% of London voted to Leave. Hardly a massive landslide for Remain is it? And nearly all outer boroughs voted to Leave.

Shhhh, stop with the uncomfortable truths.

Guess where all the 1%ers live ?

Hardly surprising is it. I wonder how many has their staff vote.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

^ Well, despite the Vile BBC-induced hype, 40% of London voted to Leave. Hardly a massive landslide for Remain is it? And nearly all outer boroughs voted to Leave.

My spermy friend - could you find another adjective for the BBC?

It's becoming rather predictable.

HOLA449

I'm not sure what he is either .. but I am incredibly sure of one thing at least and that is how different this would be if Brexit had been a "success."

He really can get away with any of those unimportant minister killing gaffs that every human being makes, and which I usually make at least once or twice a day. He must have realised he had prime minister material written all over him. Hubris, poor advice from panels of select "core" voters (Tony Blairs personal gift to the apocalypse) has achieved the inevitably destructive absurdity it always does (and those are just the public ones). He has obviously done what somebody with any hope of ever getting somewhere in politics should do. He's acting as small as he can.

I mean .. who would want to be leader of the Conservatives now?

He may be stupid, but I doubt he's that stupid. That's a job for the fags ... e.g. Cameron or the like.

HOLA4410

Boris is enough of a self preservationist to know better than accept the poison chalice which shall be the next Prime Ministers role, or three.

He'll be lurking around in the background, wheeling and dealing, doing publicity stunts and rearing his head once the dust has well and truly settled.

Perhaps in a decade?

HOLA4411

I can assure you we have all realised the full implications. I have always been cognisant of them.

Sovereignty is all that matters. None of the financial considerations are relevant - one does not trade sovereignty for money or for an easier life.

If we are a poorer country so be it (I don't think we will be, long term). It's a price worth payin

And why do you want sovereignty? You may live in a world of absolutes, many of us don't.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Boris is enough of a self preservationist to know better than accept the poison chalice which shall be the next Prime Ministers role, or three.

He'll be lurking around in the background, wheeling and dealing, doing publicity stunts and rearing his head once the dust has well and truly settled.

Perhaps in a decade?

Won't work.

He's down as a quitter, a bolter, a chicken.

You play the ball when its bowled!

HOLA4414

Hasn't Johnson just failed to muster the support he needed, either enough to stand or enough to succeed if he did stand?

Seems like at Eton he left his homework to the last possible minute and then has realised he hadn't done sufficient prep to make a decent job of it. Or rather others have relaised this and dropped him, following Gove when he went.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Prompted by your comment Ive done a bit of googling on her.

Surprised no one has so far mentioned she is a BTLer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-how-city-minister-andrea-leadsom-used-controversial-trusts-to-reduce-her-potential-9268469.html

Old school values would mean that she would be honour bound to be tougher on BLT than if she had no personal vested interest, but are there any values, or honour, in modern politics?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Prompted by your comment Ive done a bit of googling on her.

Surprised no one has so far mentioned she is a BTLer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-how-city-minister-andrea-leadsom-used-controversial-trusts-to-reduce-her-potential-9268469.html

I read about it on hpc last few days, but it all felt much too much.

Although it would be what we deserve to 'stop misery and suffering from happening' (hpc).

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

To be fair it's hardly an empire from what I've read - 'just' 2 properties.

2 BTLs. That's an empire from my point of view, and one where she's made her own housing decisions and a very different outlook to my own.

---

Last time I came up against KB was on a LR search to see who'd bought a London house and put it immediately back onto rental market.

Paid over £2m.

REGISTERED CHARGE dated -- -- 2014.

Proprietor: KLEINWORT BENSON (CHANNEL ISLANDS) LIMITED

(incorporated in Guernsey) of Dorey Court, Admiral Park, St Peter Port,

Guernsey GY1 3BG.

HOLA4424

Its between Gove, Leadsom and Fox, the three leavers, the others wont be elected imo,

Wasn't the majority of the Tory parliamentary party 'remain'?

My guess is they'll go the for the likes of Frau Komandantin May, who was remain but never particularly vocal about it. Perfectly placed in the event of a Brexit win where the minority (within the parliamentary party) brexiters were likely to be unelectable.

She'll fudge the issue of EU withdrawal for as long as possible and the populace will ultimately be presented with a second referendum and dire warnings of what happens if they vote incorrectly a second time.

HOLA4425

+1 I always thought he only joined the Leave campaign as a tactic to improve his chances of replacing Cameron and never expected to win.

Given Bojo's general demeanour after the result was declared I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

How ironic, Corbyn campaigned to stay but privately wanted to leave while the leader-presumptive of the Tory Party campaigned to leave but privately wanted to stay!