House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Boris Johnson Will Not Run For Leadership Of U.k. Conservative Party

I'm relieved, but I think people are making a mistake in thinking those who backed him will go to back Gove. Some will, but some will surely switch to May the closer Remainer.

Amazing times we're living in. Just when you think you know the script something else comes along and throws it out the window.

I'm hoping May is a closet Brexiteer. She had all sorts of rucks with EU over deportations did she not. Gove just looks like a snake. Unelectable.

Theresa May has a woeful record on privacy and snooping. She is dangerous to society and needs to be pushed to the back benches.

I doubt Boris withdrew due to the shitstorm. He'll be given a Cabinet position almost definitely

Edited by spunko2010

Amazing times we're living in. Just when you think you know the script something else comes along and throws it out the window.

They don't even know the script so a bit much to expect us plebs to.

You've also got the added bonus of a lot of whining from the Guardianistas and lefty teachers if Gove gets in.

Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

Theresa May has a woeful record on privacy and snooping. She is dangerous to society and needs to be pushed to the back benches.

I doubt Boris withdrew due to the shitstorm. He'll be given a Cabinet position almost definitely

I'm really not banging her drum. Not at all.

Im not what sure what he is.

Politically dead?

Brexit has hardly been thought through has it?

Theyve not managed to get a coherent set of people in place, never mind policies.

Can't say in shocked only an idiot would want to sort out this mess.

Only a bigger idiot would cause the mess then try and twist put of it.

Bozza will be tarred as the person who caused 2017 recession and then chickened out.

You cannot choose which ball you play in politics.

You go to the crease and try and hit it.

Maybe Boris and Jeremy should link and start something new....the two not good enough to be leaders. ;)

We've already got the SDP.

Bozo suddenly awoke to the monumental task of Brexit. After securing the vote he ran for the hills. ?

The only difference between him and all the other Brexiters is that the rest haven't realised the implications yet

Bozza will be tarred as the person who caused 2017 recession and then chickened out.

I think not. He doesn't have a choice. Clearly the party don't want him as leader so he can't force them to have him.

I think not. He doesn't have a choice. Clearly the party don't want him as leader so he can't force them to have him.

Thats facts )maybe).

Perception lasts longer.

BoJo = bottler + chicken.

Its all a bit unexpected. Perhaps nobody wants to be on the hook for what comes next.

Somebody described Gove's face on securing the Brexit vote as looking like "someone who comes down from an acid trip and discovers they've killed their best friend".

Apologies if this has already been posted.

The only difference between him and all the other Brexiters is that the rest haven't realised the implications yet

I can assure you we have all realised the full implications. I have always been cognisant of them.

Sovereignty is all that matters. None of the financial considerations are relevant - one does not trade sovereignty for money or for an easier life.

If we are a poorer country so be it (I don't think we will be, long term). It's a price worth paying.

In any event, given his statement (below), I don't see why he shouldn't be in charge of leading the negotiations:

My role will be to give every possible support to the next Conservative administration to make sure that we properly fulfil the mandate of the people that was delivered at the referendum