House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, longgone said:

having a great big money printer superced any problems that come to the suface brexit or no brexit.  

Indeed hpi is the rigged driver of our all eggs in one basket economy and helps to sure up the myth of wealth but for hpi you need a income earning society to pay for it or very generous benefit payments.  lets see how many bases they can cover. 

The last pre-coronavirus budget told you all you needed to know about the impact of Brexit. Depressingly most of the electorate seem content with the strategy of stealing from the future to avoid facing those impacts.

Lets hope the MMT can take 10-15years of running flat out.   

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

At least 17.4m different kinds of Brexits remember, a few less versions of Remain.

Not sure how many voted Brexit specifically for an independent satellite system though, or indeed who voted Remain because Galileo was so good. 4? 5?

One things for certain nobody voted for the sh1t show currently on display.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

At least 17.4m different kinds of Brexits remember, a few less versions of Remain.

Not sure how many voted Brexit specifically for an independent satellite system though, or indeed who voted Remain because Galileo was so good. 4? 5?

Well GDP wise we are definitely back closer to the Stone Age....on current course we might make it there by 2250.

HOLA444

Brexit is the only bright spot for British economy at the moment. We already started saving lots of money as we will not be participating in EU bailout scam for Poland, Italy and Spain. How much UK would have to pay for EU's 750 billion euros coronavirus rescue plan? Probably at least 100 billion euros! And it is just the beginning.  We can be sure that EU will have to through much more money into this blackhole. Does UK get so much benefits to give away hundreds billions to the other countries? In my opinion we have very little benefits from EU in its current form.

HOLA445
17 minutes ago, AAA said:

Brexit is the only bright spot for British economy at the moment. We already started saving lots of money as we will not be participating in EU bailout scam for Poland, Italy and Spain. How much UK would have to pay for EU's 750 billion euros coronavirus rescue plan? Probably at least 100 billion euros! And it is just the beginning.  We can be sure that EU will have to through much more money into this blackhole. Does UK get so much benefits to give away hundreds billions to the other countries? In my opinion we have very little benefits from EU in its current form.

Lol.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210294-brexit-what-happens-next-thread-multiple-merged-threads/&do=findComment&comment=1103593721

A few Brexiteer lies....

We send £350m a week to Brussels

We can’t stop Turkey joining

We can’t stop a European army

We are still liable to pay eurozone bailouts

The UK rebate can be changed against our will

Our VAT exemptions will be ended

Cameron’s deal was not legally binding

EU law is adopted by unelected bureaucrats

We can’t control our borders in the EU

Criminals arriving in Germany can get EU passports and come over here

Health tourism costs us billions

EU needs UK trade more than vice versa

Past referendum results have been ignored

Auditors still refuse to sign off the accounts

CAP adds £400 to British food bills

British steel suffers because of the EU

Irish border will be unaffected by Brexit

UK can’t deport EU criminals

UK is always outvoted

60-70% of laws come from EU

Renationalisation of industries is impossible

We get no veto on future treaty change or integration

The budget ceiling can increase without our consent

We thought we were only joining a free trade zone

HOLA446
2 hours ago, AAA said:

Holy cow.. you have bought the cool aide hook line and sinker.

HOLA447
HOLA448
4 hours ago, AAA said:

A bit late mate - heady Brexiter punch bowl euphoria was 2016 - shouldn’t you be feeling a little queasy with this cr4p by now ?

HOLA449
49 minutes ago, AAA said:

Remainers cult are just gullible morons who believe in EUtopia and legalized ponzi scam.

Ok...here is your chance...tell us what the Brexit economic bright spot is.

Go on then....spill the beans...tell all....perhaps I have you wrong and you can give a strategy where the government have so far failed.  

Tell me how we get to replace over 50% of our exports that the EU represents. Go on then.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4410
6 hours ago, AAA said:

The fact is we were never forced to be part part of any bailout so lets deal in facts not your own fantasy.  

The Treasury thinks we are about £200bn worse off but they could be wrong and maybe we should bow to your greater knowledge. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
7 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

While economic geniuses like you are presumably fully occupied just counting their millions?

I think ourr leaver friends have a different view of the world.

The brexiter vision of how Europe would be without the EU is all the nations going about their own business, trading normally, without any need to make trade deals or harmonise regulations. That would just happen naturally. Germany and the UK could go about their business, both producing world beating technology, occasionally helping each other as required.

Therefore, having the EU is rather pointless. In this vision, it makes sense for the EU to collapse in a few years, as it is silly and pointless. It also explainers why they thought a deal with the EU would be very simple (and why the EU was already expected to have collapsed by now).

To remainers, this vision of the world looks very naive. But, leavers do not think they are naive, but that remainers must have strange weird love for the EU.

HOLA4414
49 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

The brexiter vision of how Europe would be without the EU is all the nations going about their own business, trading normally, without any need to make trade deals or harmonise regulations. That would just happen naturally. Germany and the UK could go about their business, both producing world beating technology, occasionally helping each other as required.

Therefore, having the EU is rather pointless. In this vision, it makes sense for the EU to collapse in a few years, as it is silly and pointless. It also explainers why they thought a deal with the EU would be very simple (and why the EU was already expected to have collapsed by now).

To remainers, this vision of the world looks very naive. But, leavers do not think they are naive, but that remainers must have strange weird love for the EU.

Modern Europe was founded by the Peace of Westphalia in 1648. This treaty established the principle of national independence.

The reason why Europe progressed in the three hundred years since then is because of national diversity and competition between nations. The EU negates this fundamental principle by reducing everything to the same level; it has spent a huge amount of time on negative integration; reducing diversity (the LPF). It has had far less success in positive integration which means building something beyond. It's arguable that the CAP remains its only major achievement in this respect.

Consequently the EU is a dead end, a negation of progress, a bureaucracy built on a false premise. Remainers are right in calling out Leavers for wanting to return to the past because the past was the most productive; it is the Remainers who are being led by te nose down a blind alley.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It is all now out of our control......it takes more than one party to negotiate a future course of action......we have left it in the power of our leaders, down to them to decide who benefits, who will not, let's hope and pray they do a better job than with covid. ?

Edited by winkie

HOLA4417
16 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Lol.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210294-brexit-what-happens-next-thread-multiple-merged-threads/&do=findComment&comment=1103593721

A few Brexiteer lies....

We send £350m a week to Brussels

We can’t stop Turkey joining

We can’t stop a European army

The UK rebate can be changed against our will

Our VAT exemptions will be ended

Cameron’s deal was not legally binding

EU law is adopted by unelected bureaucrats

Health tourism costs us billions

EU needs UK trade more than vice versa

Auditors still refuse to sign off the accounts

CAP adds £400 to British food bills

British steel suffers because of the EU

Irish border will be unaffected by Brexit

UK can’t deport EU criminals

UK is always outvoted

60-70% of laws come from EU

Renationalisation of industries is impossible

We get no veto on future treaty change or integration

The budget ceiling can increase without our consent

We thought we were only joining a free trade zone

What an extraordinary list of claims! Are you serious? Most of your examples of Brexiteer folly are either the reality - or will be introduced once qualified majority voting is expanded. But whats wrong - today - with:

All the above are true ATM and part of EU membership!

But I think I see the Remainer position: they live in a parallel universe...

HOLA4418
3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

2 hours ago, crouch said:

Modern Europe was founded by the Peace of Westphalia in 1648. This treaty established the principle of national independence.

The reason why Europe progressed in the three hundred years since then is because of national diversity and competition between nations. The EU negates this fundamental principle by reducing everything to the same level; it has spent a huge amount of time on negative integration; reducing diversity (the LPF). It has had far less success in positive integration which means building something beyond. It's arguable that the CAP remains its only major achievement in this respect.

Consequently the EU is a dead end, a negation of progress, a bureaucracy built on a false premise. Remainers are right in calling out Leavers for wanting to return to the past because the past was the most productive; it is the Remainers who are being led by te nose down a blind alley.

Yes, an eloquent stating of the leaver argument I put above.

HOLA4419
8 minutes ago, dryrot said:

What an extraordinary list of claims! Are you serious? Most of your examples of Brexiteer folly are either the reality - or will be introduced once qualified majority voting is expanded. But whats wrong - today - with:

All the above are true ATM and part of EU membership!

But I think I see the Remainer position: they live in a parallel universe...

Lol, 'twas a cut and paste from an article by a politician, to see how much Brexiteer poster effort I could waste in an attempt to refute it.

?

My new strategy. The longer the Brexiteer post, the shorter the reply.

HOLA4420
23 hours ago, longgone said:

not gonna happen like all the other fear mongering rubbish. 

how about the 4.3k worse off per year for every family in the uk and the stock market crash the high unemployment. all irrelevant now because of covid but all fairy tales nether the less. 

Every HPC member knows how rigged the economy is so why should Brexit affect anything ?, after all you guys know how quickly laws can be introduced you made enough of them like potholes on the road to brexit. 

Conservatives are meant to be the party with the ruthless will to power - if due to their handling of Covid and Brexit they are found to have accelerated the break up of the UK what will become of them ?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Lol, 'twas a cut and paste from an article by a politician, to see how much Brexiteer poster effort I could waste in an attempt to refute it.

?

My new strategy. The longer the Brexiteer post, the shorter the reply.

Four years of Remain effort have been wasted, so I suppose this is only fair!

The list did raise a point in my mind though. I assumed it was an accurate list of what someone who voted for Brexit had said at some point over the past 4 years (like the list of 50 times Jeremy Corbyn did something against the UK, attending an IRA funeral, that kind of thing).

At what point do we say that it is a lie by "that side"? I've seen a stat that says the average person lies 1.65 times per day. So for both Remain (they did tell some bad Project Fear lies too!) and Leave, that's at least 40 billion lies each side in total.

I think the list was wholly lacking containing a mere couple of dozen examples.

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, slawek said:

The latest poll on Scottish independence shows that there is likely a majority to leave the UK.

Yes 54% No 46%

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18531380.support-scottish-independence-soars-54/

Cool. And if that's repeated in the next 'once in a generation vote', in 20+ years time perhaps, then they should immediately leave with no blocking or complaints at all by the losing side.

What is it with the SNP and their constant demands for rerunning these polls? ? Begone funny sounding woman!

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

But its not so much they believe this to be the case its more that Leavers need to believe this is the case as the deeper problem appears to be they are in the middle of some sort of identity crisis. Deregulation ideologues etc are simply preying on this.

Many arguments posted are not what they would 'normally' believe if the nationalist muddle were stripped out. They aren't 'thick',  in fact it takes a certain amount of ingenuity to sustain a lot of this rubbish in their head.

Edited by pig

HOLA4425
4 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Cool. And if that's repeated in the next 'once in a generation vote', in 20+ years time perhaps, then they should immediately leave with no blocking or complaints at all by the losing side.

What is it with the SNP and their constant demands for rerunning these polls? ? Begone funny sounding woman!

Well, a weak and divided nation is what you wanted so I guess you would be pleased.