House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

Better not do anything in that 5 to 10 year period in case people change their mind again. You can’t have too much democracy.

If the result of the first referendum is ignored and there is no Brexit I’m never voting for a political matter again. It’s sort of pointless in my constituency anyway as it’s a red lockout.

Expertly programmed by the Maybot.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210294-brexit-what-happens-next-thread-multiple-merged-threads/&do=findComment&comment=1103434391

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

What's your problem? we can't insist that nothing changes because there has been no peoples vote on any and all the issues.... it would be stasis and chaos.

Ah yes, because governments and administrations are what make progress. Yeah ......

I'm beginning to see why you are so keen on the EU.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA443
HOLA444
6 hours ago, rollover said:

I think all three are too controversial and pro no-deal Brexit.

If May loses vote, the second best option will be May's brexit deal and Labour could vote for it.

Regardless, I think Tories have to consider more than one answers now. The new leader will have to unite party and the nation, not only please far right Tory wing.

So  many people have said these hardline  Brexiteers have caused this problem  and just run away to let others sort their mess, Brexiteers ministers walking from their jobs  and having no input. Well lets put them in charge, lets see what they come up with

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

You asserted that the gov were charged with making a deal. Not so. They were charged with getting us ouuta there. Full Stop. Period. Finitto.

I think maybe you have an issue with comprehension. I said 'implement' Brexit. The fact that they have the sovereign power to implement Brexit in any way that they wish (given to them by the people), provided that it complies with the spirit of the referendum and goes past the HoC, it gives them the power to make the best deal in the best interests of the country, which May to her credit has tried to do in the most dire of circumstances. If that implementation of Brexit does not go past the HoC (and WTO would certainly not pass) then we have an issue, as we do. One that I believe can only be resolved by a people vote.

Your view does not help progress the issue in the slightest - it's simplistic and moronic.

HOLA446
HOLA447
6 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

So  many people have said these hardline  Brexiteers have caused this problem  and just run away to let others sort their mess, Brexiteers ministers walking from their jobs  and having no input. Well lets put them in charge, lets see what they come up with

Does that make any more sense than saying EU caused our problems, so let's leave it to the EU to sort out?

HOLA448
5 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Your idea is all well and good, but what about those that do not consider Mays deal to be Brexit, what option do they have?

WTO is the only other thing on the table at the moment - the cake and eat it with all the juicy cherries option was taken off the menu (shhhhhh..........don't tell anyone else......it's because it never existed).

May's deal appears to square a very round circle and keep to the basic red lines - but for some reason everyone wants cake and juicy cherries (or Remain) and a few nutters want to throw us to the WTO dogs.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, rollover said:

As we can see now, because Brexit is undeliverable, it was the first one.

Brexit is only undeliverable when you have remain PM's such as May treating Brexit like a direct asteroid hit on the UK where the UK now needs to be saved as best they can from the damage. Most of the UK though never saw Brexit as a cruel act from God, they saw it as their saviour, and as of yet nobody has addressed that issue.

HOLA4415
22 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

This is the answer Hero. Thank you.

I totally agree.

Give the feckers what they want. Feck the country for 2-3 decades. Laugh and say i told you so as people lose their jobs, the NHS is privatised, a huge percentage of businesses move or go bust and houses are sold to foreign buyers for 50% off list.

A hard Brexit, so hard it really, really hurts.

HOLA4416
11 minutes ago, copydude said:

You do realise we trade with the rest of the world under WTO rules and it's this share of trade that's growing?

The claim: The UK trades with "the rest of the world" (non-EU countries) under World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.

The EU and the UK have said they want to reach an agreement on future trade, but leading Brexiteers say failing to reach a deal would not be disastrous. They have said the UK could revert to rules set by the WTO, and have claimed that's how we currently trade with the rest of the world.

"It is perfectly fine for the UK to leave and trade with [the EU] as we trade with the rest of the world at the moment, under world trade rules," said MP John Redwood on 19 October.

"Even if we leave [the EU] without a deal, we still get most favoured nation status under WTO rules, which is how we trade with the rest of the world," said Bernard Jenkin MP on 17 January.

Reality Check verdict: This is wrong. With regard to tariffs, the UK trades with 24 countries and territories under WTO rules alone. With 68 others it has, as part of the EU, free trade agreements, either fully or partly in place, which all enable trade on better terms.

Presentational grey line

Currently the UK's trading relationships are based on its membership of the EU.

The EU rules prohibit individual countries from negotiating their own deal. Instead the EU negotiates trade deals on behalf of all 28 member states.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41859691

Happy????

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

This is the answer Hero. Thank you.

I totally agree.

Give the feckers what they want. Feck the country for 2-3 decades. Laugh and say i told you so as people lose their jobs, the NHS is privatised, a huge percentage of businesses move or go bust and houses are sold to foreign buyers for 50% off list.

A hard Brexit, so hard it really, really hurts.

50% off house prices?

That's blasphemy on this website...

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

Which Remain would that be?

According to the ECJ ruling it should be the current situation of Remain.

HOWEVER, I think we need to be careful because the only option that can be offered on the ballot paper for Remain is

"Apply to revoke the Article 50 notice".

Who knows if there is yet some challenge to that, despite the ECJ ruling?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
10 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

With 68 others it has, as part of the EU, free trade agreements, either fully or partly in place, which all enable trade on better terms.

Presentational grey line

Currently the UK's trading relationships are based on its membership of the EU.

The EU rules prohibit individual countries from negotiating their own deal.

False. Since in many cases we are prevented from making our own deal, there is no substantiation for the 'better deal'.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
33 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

WTO is the only other thing on the table at the moment - the cake and eat it with all the juicy cherries option was taken off the menu (shhhhhh..........don't tell anyone else......it's because it never existed).

May's deal appears to square a very round circle and keep to the basic red lines - but for some reason everyone wants cake and juicy cherries (or Remain) and a few nutters want to throw us to the WTO dogs.

That would be me then. Thank you for calling me a nutter, I could respond by calling you a rectal orifice, but I won't bother.

Actually I don't care if we stay or leave as long as it's not May's hybrid abomination of a deal.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
3 minutes ago, copydude said:

False. Since in many cases we are prevented from making our own deal, there is no substantiation for the 'better deal'.

If you say so....you obviously come from the Liam Fox stable of easy peezy trade deals in two minutes that have cherries on them......:D

HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

That would be me then. Thank you for calling me a nutter, I could respond by calling you a rectal orifice, but I won't bother.

Actually I don't care if we stay or leave as long as it's not May's hybrid abomination of a deal.

Precisely. I don't understand why so many remainers act like pompous, arrogant, intolerant to$$ers.

Unless perhaps that is what they actually are?