House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441

Farmland in the UK sells for about double what good farmland in the US costs (and the US has their own hefty agricultural subsidies). Somehow I think the UK farmers will survive even without all the EU goodies.

You realise that the only reasons farmland sells fro that is due to the subsidies?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Vote to leave the EU or facebook friend is lost...

fighting talk...oooh I am scared.

i've been ex communicated!!!! :P:P:P:P

do you think I really give a sh1t, that people don't have a live update on me taking a sh1t??

down and dirty details on location, speed, smell, viscosity, visible contents of last nights dinner etc etc....

yes I've just done a foot long steaming turd and counted 158 grains of sweetcorn!!!! :D:D:D:D

Edited by oracle

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Good point. But the reality would probably mean higher food prices or no farmers.

Don't forget about lower taxes.

I don't mind food being more expensive due to a lack of subsidy. If I'm no longer having to pay tax to pay the subsidy in the first place, then I can use the money I saved not paying the tax to pay for the food.

Edited by SpectrumFX

HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I am really struggling with deciding which way to vote. In reality I think the vote is 10 years too late to undo the damage already caused.

For me, 100% to leave. However, I think the UK is stuffed for the next 10-20 years whether we leave or stay. The future for my kids in this country seems to be either minimum wage job, kids, play the benefit rules and have a reasonable life or work as hard as you can, get over the £75k pa threshold that appears to be the dividing line between being better off than you would on benefits and work yourself into the ground to pay for all the old entitled ones.

Neither of these options is appealing so emigrating is probably their best option. It is hard enough now to get into the US (and I guess it will get harder) so for them relocating to Europe would probably be their best option. I assume a Brexit will make this much harder so on their behalf I am inclined to vote to stay even though it goes against everything I believe in.

Both my kids want to study abroad as well (one USA, one Germany) so I will need to see how that is to be addressed in a Brexit situation.

HOLA4413

Both my kids want to study abroad as well (one USA, one Germany) so I will need to see how that is to be addressed in a Brexit situation.

You were able to study in europe before the eu existed, and unless they decide to be arbitrarily spiteful (not entirely out of the question), you will continue to be able to do so.

It's perfectly obvious when you think about it, but goes counter to all the happy clappy pro eu propaganda.

HOLA4414

You were able to study in europe before the eu existed, and unless they decide to be arbitrarily spiteful (not entirely out of the question), you will continue to be able to do so.It's perfectly obvious when you think about it, but goes counter to all the happy clappy pro eu propaganda.

True - but the cost may be more than we can afford outside of the current arrangement.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

....oh I don't know.

When the council were trying to tempt us into transferring to a Housing Association they offered us free deadlocks.

Maybe Cameron will tempt us with icecream ?

.......If have nothing to lose cant create fear that you might lose what there is not to lose.....no sweeties please, sugar is bad for us. ;)

HOLA4419

Just wanted to have a little say on leaving the EU, I watched David Cameron this morning on Andrew Marr and I am 90% certain in myself that we are going to get a vote this year.

I am 100% decided already on leaving the EU, there is nothing that man is going to offer to me, probably in Feb/march, that will make me alter my mind.

As a true Brit that will live and die in this country, I will never chase the easy Buck around this world, good or bad I will live and fight this country.

Even if it effects our trade or GDP or even if all the scare stories turn out to be true I want out. Not that I believe for one minute most of the scare stories are true, a few are maybe.

I am not even against the majority of the Europeans here, just using the Polish for example, I found the vast majority of them by far are good honest decent hard working people, I would prefer to have 5 million of them here rather than another ethnic group I could think of.

I simply want control of our borders, and I want to see British working people in their own homes again. Once this has happened I will try and get back to being a nice guy again, which I am.

My bold.

At about 4 pm the radio news was saying that Cameron thought there could be a referendum this summer - by 7 pm the radio news was saying that Cameron thought the referendum would have to be delayed to 2017.

So you takes your choice - but there doesn't seem to be anything cast iron about anything he says even within the space of 3 hours.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

He's not going to go until he's fairly sure of an #In vote. By hook or by crook, and given how malleable the general populous is.

I guess they will delay til 2017, and that will give them time to revisit the 16 year old vote.

There's no way we are not getting roped in to this eventually.

I find the whole business highly sinister.

HOLA4422

I'm a 100% out, for me it's a simple question of democracy and the continued survival of the U.K.

A lot will depend on the timing of the vote on how the rapeugee crisis unfolds this summer, which I think will ultimately swing it for an exit if it continues on it's current trajectory.

HOLA4423

I'm a 100% out, for me it's a simple question of democracy and the continued survival of the U.K.

A lot will depend on the timing of the vote on how the rapeugee crisis unfolds this summer, which I think will ultimately swing it for an exit if it continues on it's current trajectory.

Wells thats its.

You had the shoot up at the Paris concert in December.

Followed by the rapefugees.

These things are happening at almost monthly intervals.

Hanging and hoping that things tick up and improves does not look like a good strategy at the moment.

HOLA4424

Im with the Dutch on the EU.

This week's Charlemagne is a good summary:

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21685498-their-coolness-towards-eu-and-multiculturalism-dutch-were-ahead-europes-curve-early

If I was David Cameron - and Im not Dutch or David Cameron - then I'd do the following:

- Register all EU nations in reciepit of benefit and/or schooling. Insist on a deposit of 20k per child to cover costs in the event of a Brexit.

- Run national adverts telling that no EU housign benefit will be paid in the event of a Brexit.

- Start making noises about the event of the UK army withdrawing from EU control structure.

The Northern Europe countries are very on-side with the UK on limiting benefit. They suffer too, but nbot as much as the UK, being spare the 'genius' of Gorddie.

The Eastern European countries need to know that, in the event of the UK leaving, they'll have to fight the Russians with a buinch of german tennis coaches.

Look, the EU work/job will settle itself out over 20 odd years.

The prpblem with the UK was that fcking idiot Brown, not helped by a bunch of Roma.

I have nothing against freedom to work within the UK - but it must be work, not to sign on where they can optimise benefits the most.

HOLA4425