House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

where did you get the 70% out from? From what I've seen it's fairly even, but don't think we'd be having a referendum unless PTB thought they could get what they want. there again anything could happen between now and June to sway public opinion.

It'll be like the scottish election, but nastier. A bunch of thiefs and oligarghs will come out of the woodwork a few weeks prior.

It wont be fought on negotiations, ideology or rational discussion. It'll be fought by Branson and others running around screaming the skies will be falling if we exit, just as the scottish one was.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be like the scottish election, but nastier. A bunch of thiefs and oligarghs will come out of the woodwork a few weeks prior.

It wont be fought on negotiations, ideology or rational discussion. It'll be fought by Branson and others running around screaming the skies will be falling if we exit, just as the scottish one was.

Wish you were wrong, but I'm inclined to agree exactly with this. Look what happened at ge15 regarding SNP\Labour fear stitch up, this alone cost UKIP at least 2 seats.

I agree with Killer Bunny above. Time to put your keyboards & phones down & wear out your shoe leather, this has to be one of the most important fork in the road decisions that will effect the rest of your life. The decision is simple, do you want a massively overcrowded land, that pushes up rents & house prices, pushes down your wages, clogs the Doctors with people who haven't paid their dues and changes your country forever.

D-day fast approaches and there's no turning back.

Good post pl!.....

Time to stand up.....

A few years ago I campaigned against the transfer of our council houses to a housing association. Amazingly we won !

All we had to do was to leaflet and write letters and 10 people managed to swing the vote !. (73%) Council tenants just wanted to feel there were people on their side.

A lesson in democracy .....Of course vote but attend meetings,etc and you will have the impact of 50 to 300 people.

Edited by council dweller

where did you get the 70% out from? From what I've seen it's fairly even, but don't think we'd be having a referendum unless PTB thought they could get what they want. there again anything could happen between now and June to sway public opinion.

Informal chatting to people I know - workmates, pubs and all that.

Two years ago the only person I heard banging on about leaving was a loon in the pub corner.

A combination of the Greece thing has made the maintsream think. The syrian crisis, the refugees and them to top it, the Paris attacks have turned people who would have been very Pro to being very Anti.

I guess its the feeling of being helpless and pulled into something that seems totally out of control.

I mean what is the threat to the UK - your banking sector will shutdown?

Seriously,

For the record Im pro-Europe but anti-EU - its to undemocratic, overstretched and bureaucratic.

The UK threat would be the removal of of the armed forces, leaving France and Poland has having the only worthwhile hard powers.

If the referendum is planned for June then the UK needs to start now, telling EU nations that there will be no benefits and to plan for leaving if they are not supporting themselves.

Good post pl!.....

Time to stand up.....

A few years ago I campaigned against the transfer of our council houses to a housing association. Amazingly we won !

All we had to do was to leaflet and write letters and 10 people managed to swing the vote !. (73%) Council tenants just wanted to feel there were people on their side.

A lesson in democracy .....Of course vote but attend meetings,etc and you will have the impact of 50 to 300 people.

For all the shortcomings of councils running LA houses, HAs manage to combine the worst of the public and private sector.

Slightly OT but does concern Brexit. If we all vote leave and it actually happens - assuming they even word it like that.

FSCS deposit guarantee scheme covered something like £2k before the UK was forced by EU legislation to cover 100K euros'ish, remember Brown, something like that. OK I know they removed the word guarantee now but.

Are we all going to vote and unknowingly give them our savings as it reverts sneakily back to circ. 2K?

Slightly OT but does concern Brexit. If we all vote leave and it actually happens - assuming they even word it like that.

FSCS deposit guarantee scheme covered something like £2k before the UK was forced by EU legislation to cover 100K euros'ish, remember Brown, something like that. OK I know they removed the word guarantee now but.

Are we all going to vote and unknowingly give them our savings as it reverts sneakily back to circ. 2K?

Branson et al will probably have something like that at the top of the pre election fear list.

Are you talking about polls for Leave / Remain?

If so it's more or less 50/50 for those decided.

I think that it is about 50/50 in reality at present, which is why odds of 13/8 were so good. The odds of an "in" vote were 1/2.

I have not decided which way I will vote, but this looked like a slightly mispriced bet.

Looks like is spiining out of control.

What will a Brexit mean for UK housing and land?

1) EU member will not be able claim housing benefit. They'll be able to carry on working but will not have access to TCs and HB.

2) No farming subsidies. If Farmer Palmer thinks the UK national budget will cough out a equivalent sum then he's a on drugs. 80% of UK farms are toast without EU subs.

For an event that looks like it'll happen in 6 months *AND* have be such an economic event Im really surprised we are not hearing radio ads telling EU nationals where they need to assemble to sign off benefits.

I am also surprised there's not a massive lobby from farming.

I think the vote will leave us tied to the EU. People are frightened of the threats made if we leave.

All those left-pinky-bring-as-many-mirgants-here-as-you-can-save-the-world-by-moving-them-here people will vote to stay.

We are doomed.

What vote ? There will be no vote unless the right result is guaranteed.

It's too close to call now, they simply wont have it !!!!

I think the vote will leave us tied to the EU. People are frightened of the threats made if we leave.

All those left-pinky-bring-as-many-mirgants-here-as-you-can-save-the-world-by-moving-them-here people will vote to stay.

We are doomed.

They will be organised, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. They will gear everything to get out the vote. They will use extreme postal voting, extreme online campaigning including, but not limited to, guerrilla digital tactics, lying on TV forms to make themselves look impartial to get into the TV audience.

One thing I am hoping, is the left once again give a disproportionate amount of time to Twitter, ignoring the lessons of ge15, where the voting demographic did not equal the Twitter demographic.

Edited by pl1

They will be organised, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. They will gear everything to get out the vote. They will use extreme postal voting, extreme online campaigning including, but not limited to, guerrilla digital tactics, lying on TV forms to make themselves look impartial to get into the TV audience.

One thing I am hoping, is the left once again give a disproportionate amount of time to Twitter, ignoring the lessons of ge15, where the voting demographic did not equal the Twitter demographic.

We are living in a post-mass-influence society.

Only a small percentage of the UK reads the same paper regularly.

People watch Youtube rather than the BBC.

Political elites/bodies have much more limited traction over the population.

Look at Spain this weekend.

Look at GE2015 - the pundits were all wrong!

Look at the decreasing percentage of votes that get a party elected.

Nothings certain.

Any pomp and grandstanding is done wearing brown trousers these days.

Looks like is spiining out of control.

What will a Brexit mean for UK housing and land?

1) EU member will not be able claim housing benefit. They'll be able to carry on working but will not have access to TCs and HB.

2) No farming subsidies. If Farmer Palmer thinks the UK national budget will cough out a equivalent sum then he's a on drugs. 80% of UK farms are toast without EU subs.

For an event that looks like it'll happen in 6 months *AND* have be such an economic event Im really surprised we are not hearing radio ads telling EU nationals where they need to assemble to sign off benefits.

I am also surprised there's not a massive lobby from farming.

Farmland in the UK sells for about double what good farmland in the US costs (and the US has their own hefty agricultural subsidies). Somehow I think the UK farmers will survive even without all the EU goodies.