June 23Rd - What Will You Be Doing?

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Interesting you pick Yorkshire. They have, I believe, a very similar population size to Scotland. Why can't they be independent too?

They always have been. The road I live in, is in Somerset, but once you pass the gateposts you are in the West Riding.

HOLA444

The politicians get a chance to campaign and talk , the BBC can go into unlimited in-depth analysis, and post-event the politicians can engage in decade long re-negotiations / backtracking .

It's all a side show really as shown by Boris, Osb', Gove are all lining up. Though Boris didn't really have an option once Osb' lined up behind the Cameron.

Cameron said he'd do a term though. Did Blair say the same thing?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

All the online polls I have looked at (and I tried to find a balanced view, not just HPC and moneysavingexpert polls :P ) but also student forums etc are overwhelmingly in favour of OUT. Yet all the bookies have odds well in favour of staying in. Very confusing.

Not if you understand that as a group we are very atypical in terms of personality type. INTJ's and INTP's are very over represented in discussion forums and are a tiny fraction of the population as a whole. By their nature, they tend to be much more capable of BS detection and critical thinking.

Don't draw any conclusions from such polls, they don't represent the (un)thinking of the masses.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I totally agree with Dave on this one. The entire SNP 'Oh well if Scotland votes different then we will have to have another referendum to make it fair' chat is so ridiculous its embarrassing.

You hold that point of view because you don't believe Scotland is a sovereign country and that we are just a region of the UK.

Luckily now that the Vow / Smith commission is looking likely not to be delivered and with a bit of luck England votes to leave the EU and Scotland votes to stay, enough NO voters will see that what they were promised (Vote NO to remain in the EU and if you vote NO you will have the most devolved parliament in the World) was in fact a lie.

Demand for another referendum will be overwhelming. All the SNP need to do is put a commitment to hold another referendum into their manifesto for May in the event of England voting to leave and Scotland voting to stay in the EU. If Cameron says we are not getting to have another one that will simply add fuel to the fire.

Calling this "chat" and "embarrassing" just shows how out of touch you are.

You are quite happy to accept that we have been lied to so long as it keeps us in the one union you are in favour of. Your type are the lowest of the low.

You are a hypocrite.

HOLA4410

Not if you understand that as a group we are very atypical in terms of personality type. INTJ's and INTP's are very over represented in discussion forums and are a tiny fraction of the population as a whole. By their nature, they tend to be much more capable of BS detection and critical thinking.

Don't draw any conclusions from such polls, they don't represent the (un)thinking of the masses.

Do you realise how pathetic you sound?

"Oh yes we are so intelligent and clearly superior to the average unthinking plebs"

Tory voter I presume?

HOLA4411

"Oh yes we are so intelligent and clearly superior to the average unthinking plebs"

Tory voter I presume?

Got any evidence to the contrary then? Whilst "I'm / we're cleverer than most / everyone else is wrong" etc. might be arrogant that doesn't necessarily mean that it's wrong and if you assume that it always is you might miss something important.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Got any evidence to the contrary then? Whilst "I'm / we're cleverer than most / everyone else is wrong" etc. might be arrogant that doesn't necessarily mean that it's wrong and if you assume that it always is you might miss something important.

They are the one's making such bold claims. Let him / her provide the evidence to back it up.

Might I remind everyone that the all seeing and all knowing intelligentsia of HPC.co.uk might have been wrong about something to do with house prices for approaching a decade now.

Some of you guys need a reality check.

HOLA4414

So you'd really rather a government you can't vote for/against made the laws than one that you can? What happens when they do something truly egregious?

edit to add: I can see arguments in both directions, but I genuinely don't get the "I don't want the elected government of the country to be able to make decisions" baffles me.

How many voters had a genuine say on who got elected last year, seriously?

Basically the choice of government rests on the decision of <200k uk marginal/swing voters.

sorry but that isn't democracy so I fail to see the that argument.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

They are the one's making such bold claims. Let him / her provide the evidence to back it up.

Fair enough, although it depends on whether you're treating it as a statement of fact or a hypothesis to ponder (the former is certainly arrogance without evidence, the latter shouldn't just be dismissed as that).

Might I remind everyone that the all seeing and all knowing intelligentsia of HPC.co.uk might have been wrong about something to do with house prices for approaching a decade now.

Some of you guys need a reality check.

In can be hard not to under-estimate just how crazy people can be.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I don't see it.

The EU and Scotland being part of the UK are completely different things. I don't see any issue with a Scot wanting to still be part of Great Britain, yet also wanting to leave the EU.

Taking up CyberNat's cudgel..... You are correct. They are, by definition, different things. The end result however, as outlined in gorgeous George's quotes, is the same. Westminster control has rarely reflected Scot's voting preferences in my lifetime.

I assume you also don't see any issue with a Scot wanting to still be part of the EU, yet to leave the UK?

HOLA4421

This is a UK referendum.

I have nothing more to say on that aspect of this debate. It's a complete waste of time.

Weak. Too embarrassed to actually address the issue.

Hopefully your compatriots in the out campaign in England actually do have the numbers to win. Then there will be no getting away from the issue of Scottish Independence referendum MK2 at that point. Whether you like it or not.

Can't wait to hear your arguments for staying in the UK then!

HOLA4422

Tory voter I presume?

Pathetic? No. Intelligent and proud of it. Arrogant if you will. I'll refer you to the poll on personality type:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/149234-what-type-of-personality-do-you-have/?hl=intj#entry2669632

Tory voter? No.

HOLA4423

You hold that point of view because you don't believe Scotland is a sovereign country and that we are just a region of the UK.

Just as the EU is merging into one - they have a common currency and you don't need to use a passport to go between AND there's no actual rule of self-govt cos there's another government over the top.

In Scotland's case it's two.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived