June 23Rd - What Will You Be Doing?

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Norway is taking steps to protect itself.

TBH if Sweden does collapse to this extent the EU is finished anyway...

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2527/norwegian-government-we-will-abandon-international-law-if-sweden-collapses.html

Norway is ready to abandon the Geneva Convention if Sweden collapses. The border will be closed by force, and Swedish refugees will be rejected without the possibility to seek asylum. "We are prepared for the worst," says Prime Minister Erna Solberg.

There is such an imminent danger that the Schengen agreement, and the asylum system in Sweden will break down, that Norway must have an emergency legislation in place in case it happens, believes Norway's Prime Minister Erna Solberg. Therefore, she has crafted a law that will allow for Norwegian authorities to reject asylum seekers who do not come directly from a conflict area.

Of course the added benefit is they can turn round migrants at the border (as having not travelled directly from a conflict area.)

HOLA444

The immigration will continue apace the future has been stolen.

Alas yes, I recall some figures showing that at about half of it was from outside the EU anyway, i.e. people that could already be turned away at the door entirely legally if there was any interest in doing so.

How many of them have been granted citizenship?`

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Greece has recalled it's ambassador from Austria now. The wallpaper is peeling, revealing all the cracks and bodged repairs....

Always the first step on the march to war.....

Another nail in the EU's coffin.

Greece has the hump with Austria, Hungary has the hump with Germany. Things are hotting up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35658776

Vote to leave. It really is the only sensible option.

Personally I think Dave should delay the vote now till end 2017. The way things are going he probably won't need to have it and we can save all those Millions it costs to hold a referendum.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To be honest I am not hopeful..... The out campaign has to try and get through to a country where the majority of the population is too stupid to switch energy supplier, because they see it as a bit too much of a hassle.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Norway is taking steps to protect itself.

TBH if Sweden does collapse to this extent the EU is finished anyway...

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2527/norwegian-government-we-will-abandon-international-law-if-sweden-collapses.html

Of course the added benefit is they can turn round migrants at the border (as having not travelled directly from a conflict area.)

from the linked you shared I thought this sounded like it was made up / grossly exaggerated.

However I found what I would consider to be a good source:

http://www.thelocal.no/20160223/norwegian-pm-proposes-stricter-refugee-laws

So can only conclude it is true (funny it didnt get much press in English language newspapers)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

So, someone please explain to me who, exactly, did Cameron negotiate these concessions with?

Donald Tusk (the unelected, Buggins-turn) EU President, and who else? How were the other EU nations' interests represented? Did each nation have a authoritative representative present, ensuring that all the other nations now, irrevocably, agree to the concessions?

The answer seems to be "probably"

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.de/2016/02/the-final-ukeu-renegotiation-deal-legal.html

I think the comments are quite interesting. The lay person asks, what it actually means to be "legally binding in international law", and as far as I can tell, the lawyers like to think it means something, but in reality it doesn't.

I suspect it's a bit like all those countries opting out of kyoto, when it started to look like they wouldn't achieve their pollution targets.

(I only skimmed it)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

We are going to end up with the UK voting to stay in the EU just as half a dozen EU countries vote not to accept any migrants. You could not make it up.

If the vote is to stay in UKIP won't be going away.

If things go from worse to terrible and Dave's so called speshul status amounts to nothing then that will only turn people away from the Tories and Labour who as we know thinks the sun shines from Brussels backside.

Cast our minds back 2 years when things were going badly in the EU. The Tories were haemorrhaging support to UKIP

By hook or by crook we will still be out within 10 years....... Mark my words.....

The young girl on QT last night made an excellent point about the living wage being >£9 hour from 2020. That will attract EU migrants whose own minimum wage is magnitudes time lower, like flies round a dead sheep on the hillside in Wales.

HOLA4422

If the vote is to stay in UKIP won't be going away.

If things go from worse to terrible and Dave's so called speshul status amounts to nothing then that will only turn people away from the Tories and Labour who as we know thinks the sun shines from Brussels backside.

Cast our minds back 2 years when things were going badly in the EU. The Tories were haemorrhaging support to UKIP

By hook or by crook we will still be out within 10 years....... Mark my words.....

The young girl on QT last night made an excellent point about the living wage being >£9 hour from 2020. That will attract EU migrants whose own minimum wage is magnitudes time lower, like flies round a dead sheep on the hillside in Wales.

Agree with the first part of your comment. Forgive me for using the 's' word, but if the Scottish referendum result proved anything, it's that a referendum result is NOT the end of the matter.

Not so sure about the second part, given that the cost of living is so much higher in the UK.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I cba reading all 30 pages of Little Britain ranting, is there an actual plan in the event of what happens if there was a no vote? What about the millions of people who live and work here on the basis of European freedom?

Pretty simple. Cut off point is referendum date and amnesty / allowed to stay for anyone with proof of living and working here for x amount of months/years. Very simple. Would get rid [officially anyway] of all those not paying taxes and earning under the table too. Double bonus.

HOLA4425

I cba reading all 30 pages of Little Britain ranting, is there an actual plan in the event of what happens if there was a no vote? What about the millions of people who live and work here on the basis of European freedom?

I doubt if there has been any plans made,as the tories are not expecting to leave ,i have been led to believe there will be a two year transionary period to work everything out if we do vote for a brexit

Archived