House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

June 23Rd - What Will You Be Doing?

If not for EU, I couldn't find the door
Couldn't even see the floor
I'd be sad and blue if not for EU

I would take the stars out of the sky for EU
Stop the rain from falling if EU asked me to

Oh EU to me are everything

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for EU
And you know it's true
I'm crazy, crazy for EU

Voting oot. It might be a futile gesture but at least I will have tried.

I get the opposite vibe - I think Cameron is sooooo fecked. He's basically done a Chamberlain, coming back from Europe with the most sorry @ssed concessions imaginable

I'am somewhat surprised they have gone for the referendum this soon, i thought they would stall as long as possible to at least 2017.

Maybe with all the events in europe surrounding the migrant crisis they want to get it done asap before they increase the numbers taken in here.

I am quite frankly amazed that it is going ahead in June after Cameron's dismal failure. I thought it was sewn on that he would try again and there would be no vote until 2017.

Whilst I think the vast amount of state propaganda may still sway it to staying in this is the best timing for years for a vote to get us out of the whole sorry mess.

It's a farce anyway, if necessary the results will be appropriately manipulated to keep the UK in the EU.

(just like they did with the Scotland vote)

It's a farce anyway, if necessary the results will be appropriately manipulated to keep the UK in the EU.

(just like they did with the Scotland vote)

+1

Yes mass postal balloting and lowering the voting age.

I am quite frankly amazed that it is going ahead in June after Cameron's dismal failure. I thought it was sewn on that he would try again and there would be no vote until 2017.

Whilst I think the vast amount of state propaganda may still sway it to staying in this is the best timing for years for a vote to get us out of the whole sorry mess.

I think it shows just how pathetic Cameron and the Cabinet are - they obviously think this is a good deal when, in reality, it is rubbish.

I don't vote for politicians at elections but I'll be voting on this referendum. I'll be voting "In".

It's the day after the group games finished for the Euros.

People will be well into the tournament and feeling very "European".and optimistic about Ingerland's chances.

It's the day after the group games finished for the Euros.

People will be well into the tournament and feeling very "European".and optimistic about Ingerland's chances.

Well spotted. Loads of voters away in Europe also.

I'm afraid I don't think anyone outside the Westminster bubble gives a toss about Michael Gove or what he thinks - Adam Boulton, Sky News on twitter.

(How do you post a twitter on here so that it displays - anyone know? If I use the embed code from twitter and post it in the twitter option here it just displays the code.)

EU membership is good for me. I just don't like the beaurocracy and troughing louts!

This all feels like The Liar on hunting: say one thing but work hard for the opposite (The Liar's party eventually pushed through some feeble legislation in spite of him).

He gerrymanders the electorate to exclude important groups of people with a strong interest in staying in. Like Brits living abroad, to whom he made an explicit manifesto committment.

He bends over backwards to accommodate the Europhobes in matters like the question to be asked and the terms of the debate. Yet shows no such consideration to the concerns of the Europhile SNP.

And above all, he does a visibly meaningless deal on visibly vacuous (and actually quite nasty) terms. While doing nothing about the real shortcomings of the EU, let alone admitting that one of the major reasons for those shortcomings - like most of the real power being vested in an unelected civil service - exist precisely because successive British governments have consistently vetoed attempts at constructive reform.