House Price Crash Forum

We Are Facing Another Global Financial Crisis Of Epic Proportions

suntory

HOLA441

I thought it was all going tats up in 2015.
Then we had a massive run up.
That massive run up looks a little wobbly for the next 12 months.
Prime crash time.
If we are not in full on recession in the next 12 months i don't think we will be, welcome to the new paradigm. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I think the OP got too hung up on the price of oil, misinterpreted the Baltic Dry index as a lack of demand as opposed to oversupply.

The DOW 2015 appears to be around the 17000 level and later topped out at about 25000.

The turekish lira and malaysian ringiit certainly appear to have fluctuated against the USD. I suppose the term "free fall" is a matter of interpretation. I'm not sure what the consequences of that for the next world financial crisis is though.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
1 minute ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Yeah, but you might hope that 3 years would be enough.

Oh yeah totally agree, but it is what it is

90% of a disaster happens in the last 10% of the timeframe

Or if you prefer, slowly, then all at once ?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Errol said:

Thread title was only 'We are Facing ...'.

Well we are still facing it. As people have said, facing a total collapse can be a very long process.

I think towards the end of page 1 you'll find the OPs timescales.

Edit : Sometimes I think I am giving the OP a hard time about his/her predicitions, but ultimately, if you are not going to examine where you went right/wrong how are you ever going to learn ?

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
4 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

It would be nice if the epic financial crisis could come first though.

sorry youve had your GFC for this lifetime, next one is for next generation.

Hehehe, thats rubbish actually, been through a few economic recessions in my life, i cant remember seeing this many large scale bankruptcies and mergers though, maybe my memory is just bad. Obviously the mergers are probably to stave off the inevitable ensuing bankruptcies, you cant tell me Asda was a healthy going concern, it probably had a couple of years left in it at best.

HOLA4413
5 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

It would be nice if the epic financial crisis could come first though.

I think our economy is a bit like that charity, “Kids Company” The Government we’re pumping millions in, but the fingers in the pot we’re taking 100’s of millions out.. 

Our countries financial problems are quite similar.. All the tax that goes in, is offset by all the rich tax avoidance, dodgy deals and corruption.. with a ballooning benefits bill for good measure and selling off what little is left of our land and assets just to pay the electric bill! 

It mathematically is a disaster, if you pay £100 off you credit card every month but spend £500 on it.. you are only going to end up with one result eventually.. just depends on how long you can keep increasing your credit limit! 

HOLA4414
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Russia learned most from 2008 financial crisis – European Bank for Reconstruction and Development

In the decade following the financial crisis, Russia is one of the few countries that took the necessary steps to protect its economy from global turbulence, says the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Russia managed to become a textbook example to follow when it comes to repairing damages, according to the chief economist at EBRD, Sergei Guriev. The analyst cites such steps as floating the national currency, introducing tougher banking regulation, as well as creating a bigger ruble-denominated bond market as the wisest measures the government could take.

https://www.rt.com/business/438440-russia-lehman-lessons-ebrd/

HOLA4421
8 hours ago, Errol said:

Russia learned most from 2008 financial crisis – European Bank for Reconstruction and Development

In the decade following the financial crisis, Russia is one of the few countries that took the necessary steps to protect its economy from global turbulence, says the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Russia managed to become a textbook example to follow when it comes to repairing damages, according to the chief economist at EBRD, Sergei Guriev. The analyst cites such steps as floating the national currency, introducing tougher banking regulation, as well as creating a bigger ruble-denominated bond market as the wisest measures the government could take.

https://www.rt.com/business/438440-russia-lehman-lessons-ebrd/

Just some rt bs propaganda

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
15 hours ago, St.Ives said:

Yep, it's coming and is clear as clear can be. Yet you will hardly read any warnings on the BBC controlled news website, yet they put out endless fear stories on a daily basis on leaving the EU and Brexit which to be fair is still a subjective argument on how bad or good it will be. Some of the warnings on the BBC concerning Brexit have been nothing more than pathetic, shortage of Broccoli for example, yet the coming financial crisis may send millions into financial hell while the BBC still ramp property and encourage young people to load up with debt.

Sod it, I am prepared for it, whatever happens, the only thing I would prefer not to happen is run away inflation, but I am ready to handle anything that's coming.

• 5 months later...
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
On 15/09/2018 at 00:21, bushblairandbrown said:

Just some rt bs propaganda

From the EBRD (The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is an international financial institution founded in 1991. As a multilateral developmental investment bank, the EBRD uses investment as a tool to build market economies)? 

My god the Russians have hacked the EBRD as well!