I've Just Voted Ukip

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

How does this working minority actually work? Unless UKIP have loads of seats they will have no power. Cameron is on record saying he will not run a minority government unless there is a vote in 2017 on the EU. He may be lying. If it comes to it and there is an option to form a coalition with the lib-dems again would Cameron or Clegg get their way on the EU vote in a coalition agreement? Who knows, but surely it is better than voting for a government run by Labour who are not even saying they will offer a vote under any circumstances.

One option - no chance of leaving the EU. Other option - a chance of getting a vote.

The City of London and the Keynesian collective at the BoE will never let an EU vote happen.

A minority Tory govt and Cameron gets replaced by Boris Johnson.

A majority Tory govt and Cameron gets replaced by Boris Johnson.

A second Coalition govt and Cameron gets replaced by Boris Johnson.

No Tory govt and Cameron gets replaced by Boris Johnson.

HOLA443

The Scots referendum was unstoppable post the appetite for devolution from the 1997 election. (Labour manifesto point and look how that has come back to bite them in the ar$e, that's for another thread though)

Whomever was in power would have to have delivered a referendum either back when it was or certainly within the next 12 Months. The SNP have a stranglehold in Holyrood, to have denied them would give credibility to them declaring UDI and breaking away anyway.

fandabidozee!!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/krankies.jpg%253Fw%253D900&imgrefurl=http://order-order.com/2014/11/14/whats-with-scottish-politicians-and-looking-like-the-krankies/&h=298&w=479&tbnid=adkA7Tv_zpudUM:&zoom=1&docid=Sfb99T4zIZ6qrM&ei=AAA9VYLlFYqtsgGA7IDYCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CEQQMygPMA8

HOLA444
HOLA445

Labour stronghold here, voted UKIP

My girlfriend who lives in a conservative stronghold area is also voting UKIP.

She is 28 and did tell me she felt a bit sheepish telling friends she would vote for UKIP, its perverse to me as i think you should be more sheepish admitting to voting LIBLABCON

HOLA446

Regarding the referendums that we saw, they were hardly free votes when you see the propaganda/fear and state interference before each one. It was truly shocking the levels they stooped to to get the right result in Scotland. They look like the shat themselves when it started to look like the Scots would vote to leave the UK.

Once these referendums go the way they want they can then stand there and say we have the mandate of the people.

For me they are using them to make us less free, not more.

It's very clever when you think about it.

I want to see what happens when a vote goes against the 1% ers.

So the tories can shove their referendum up their Gordon Brown.it's worthless.

If everyone votes UKip we won't need a referendum

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Regarding the referendums that we saw, they were hardly free votes when you see the propaganda/fear and state interference before each one. It was truly shocking the levels they stooped to to get the right result in Scotland. They look like the shat themselves when it started to look like the Scots would vote to leave the UK.

Which is why UK will NEVER vote for BREXIT

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Seriously likely to put in a spolied ballot. The only way to send a message

But they only care about votes, not messages. If you are a natural Conservative and you vote for someone else, that's effectively two votes, the one they would have had and the one against. If you spoil the ballot, that's only one vote, the one they would have had.

HOLA4412

Once these referendums go the way they want they can then stand there and say we have the mandate of the people.

For me they are using them to make us less free, not more.

It's very clever when you think about it.

I want to see what happens when a vote goes against the 1% ers.

So the tories can shove their referendum up their Gordon Brown.it's worthless.

If everyone votes UKip we won't need a referendum

Its still a free vote.

Under your assumptions there is no point in ever having a referendum on anything because the public will be influenced by the yes/no campaigns.

HOLA4413

Ignore the party trolls. Vote for what you believe, even if your candidate has no chance, even if it lets in your least favourite option. Whether they win or lose, the votes give the parties credance. This tactical voting is something that gives the main parties the impression of legitamacy.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Ignore the party trolls. Vote for what you believe, even if your candidate has no chance, even if it lets in your least favourite option. Whether they win or lose, the votes give the parties credance. This tactical voting is something that gives the main parties the impression of legitamacy.

In my case that is UKIP. Had the Conservative party been led by proper free market Conservatives, it would have been Conservative, as it has been in every election in the last forty odd years.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

But they only care about votes, not messages. If you are a natural Conservative and you vote for someone else, that's effectively two votes, the one they would have had and the one against. If you spoil the ballot, that's only one vote, the one they would have had.

It's 10 x better than not voting and there's basically noone I have interest in voting for

HOLA4420

Can't believe it but for the first time in my life I've sent my postal paper back and voted Labour. I Consider myself a natural Tory and the seat is either their's or Labour; I was happy to see the last government go but would be happier still to see these lot get the boot.

I 'own' a house, albeit mostly paid for thanks to these low rates but that's no great help for my 22y.o. nor to all those shafted by the never ending stream of prop -ups so all I want to see is a big wobble and the whole lot going bang. Hopefully Labour and the SNP will manage that :)

HOLA4421

If he had said he was voting LIBLABCON would he have had a piece in the paper.

Go on you HPC researchers see if you can find out who he supported before UKIP bound to be a news paper article out there some where.

TPTB know how to make the voters vote the way they want. Like the post that said his girl friend feels sheepish about voting UKIP I do as well and I know I shouldn't.

HOLA4422

Indeed, not voting is half a vote for the incumbent.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Indeed - and that's why I'm not voting.

HOLA4425