House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

I've Just Voted Ukip

Alex Salmond sends his thanks.

I have also voted UKIP

Couldn't care two hoots about Salmond. If we do end up with Labour/SNP all the better, then the great unwashed will have got the Government they deserve and will have fallen for the spin and lies.

The reset will be here all the quicker....

To be fair I did vote for a Tory in the local, but only because there was only 1 kipper on the ballot paper.... :rolleyes:

Edited by geezer466

Surely Cameron is are only realistic chance of getting out of the EU - if we can trust his promise of a referendum. Labour don't trust the public to have a vote on the issue. If Cameron had not offered the 2017 referendum UKIP would have a much bigger share of the vote.

Surely Cameron is are only realistic chance of getting out of the EU - if we can trust his promise of a referendum. Labour don't trust the public to have a vote on the issue. If Cameron had not offered the 2017 referendum UKIP would have a much bigger share of the vote.

Sorry but with Dave you get a 'certain history', and as Farage has often pointed out the referendum campaign if it ever materialised would not be free and fair.

Maybe. But the two realistic choices are one party who has 'promised' to give a referendum and one party who definately will not give one.

They promised to give a Scottish referendum last time and that actually happened. There was a very real chance of the Union breaking up as a result. Given they went through with that I dont see why they will not offer one on the EU.

Look at how much effort they put into ensuring they got the 'right' answer in the Scottish one! The electorate can't be trusted to vote the right way without a good dose of propagandist scare stories, first.

Comedy gold. let me know where I can buy tickets for your stage show, it must be a real hoot.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

ps I don't trust or believe any of them. I'd rather see the most of them locked up for their crimes. Till then, I don't see any other option if you want them to take notice of the electorate.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

ps I don't trust or believe any of them. I'd rather see the most of them locked up for their crimes.

Ideally in the same prison where they put the islamic terrorists. With communal showers.

I will also vote UKIP. Farage is the only one remotely talking any kind of sense. The others sound like puppets - or perhaps I should say, muppets. Northampton (where I live) is an eastern European outpost with a struggling infrastructure (see recent news about the hospital). The council is flat broke. House prices are crazy high. I don't think a town could be run so badly as it has over recent years.

Maybe. But the two realistic choices are one party who has 'promised' to give a referendum and one party who definately will not give one.

They promised to give a Scottish referendum last time and that actually happened. There was a very real chance of the Union breaking up as a result. Given they went through with that I dont see why they will not offer one on the EU.

The Scots referendum was unstoppable post the appetite for devolution from the 1997 election. (Labour manifesto point and look how that has come back to bite them in the ar$e, that's for another thread though)

Whomever was in power would have to have delivered a referendum either back when it was or certainly within the next 12 Months. The SNP have a stranglehold in Holyrood, to have denied them would give credibility to them declaring UDI and breaking away anyway.

Indeed "IF".......and what is his track record of keeping promises and pledges??!! never mind his sense of judgment on matters in general or truly understanding/relating to the mood and feelings of the great unwashed masses.

After the last five years one would have to be either genetically incurably gullible or certifiably insane to believe any promises that any of the present coalition leadership make.

Edited by anonguest

If Cameron was serious about a referendum we would be having one on May 7. UKIP would be dead in the water if they had done that.

Big business want cheap imported labour to keep wages low.

you can't trust his promise..that's why he must come to power only with a "working minority", where he needs UKIP support to get stuff done.

he had his chance to make amends with the lib dem coalition and he blew it, now he needs someone to hold his feet to the fire.

maybe an election poster with nu labour/libdem pledges from last time, written on toilet paper.

that ought to do the job.

Edited by oracle

you can't trust his promise..that's why he must come to power only with a "working minority", where he needs UKIP support to get stuff done.

he had his chance to make amends with the lib dem coalition and he blew it, now he needs someone to hold his feet to the fire.

as for lib dems......i think we will be seeing lots of election posters in sheffield with cleggs mugshot on, saying "remember this?"..with a nice big quote saying no more tuition fees....

Guest Jemmy Button

Sorry but with Dave you get a 'certain history', and as Farage has often pointed out the referendum campaign if it ever materialised would not be free and fair.

A Tory idea of an EU referendum would be rigged - make no mistake. Just like the Scottish independence one. Does anybody think the establishment would just give up power like that? Would it ******. It's not who votes that counts, it;s who counts the votes.

How does this working minority actually work? Unless UKIP have loads of seats they will have no power. Cameron is on record saying he will not run a minority government unless there is a vote in 2017 on the EU. He may be lying. If it comes to it and there is an option to form a coalition with the lib-dems again would Cameron or Clegg get their way on the EU vote in a coalition agreement? Who knows, but surely it is better than voting for a government run by Labour who are not even saying they will offer a vote under any circumstances.

One option - no chance of leaving the EU. Other option - a chance of getting a vote

How does this working minority actually work? Unless UKIP have loads of seats they will have no power. Cameron is on record saying he will not run a minority government unless there is a vote in 2017 on the EU. He may be lying. If it comes to it and there is an option to form a coalition with the lib-dems again would Cameron or Clegg get their way on the EU vote in a coalition agreement? Who knows, but surely it is better than voting for a government run by Labour who are not even saying they will offer a vote under any circumstances.

One option - no chance of leaving the EU. Other option - a chance of getting a vote

I voted UKIP because Farage stands head and shoulders above the other leaders. Also, losing votes to UKIP seems to be what Cameron fears most.

To be honest, I'd actually prefer that we stay in the EU.