House Price Crash Forum

Eclipse

happy_renting

HOLA441
HOLA442

Is it just me, but I can't get excited about it.....lots of news devoted to it, just another day......a beautiful sunrise or sunset, well now that is something very special.

Did see something coming and going....looked like a crescent moon.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Beautiful blue clear skies in Swansea. The birds started going nuts just before it and they were flying in scores westwards as fast as they could. Very bizarre.

Then we got a sort of a relieved dawn chorus afterwards.

Seems that the BBC sent most of its presenters to cloudy locations. Typical.

HOLA447

I think I detected a subtle change from 'cloudy and dark' to 'dark and cloudy' for a few moments.

That was about it here too. Interesting some of the birds reacted, when it got no darker than a passing raincloud. Must be a too-subtle (for humans) quality of light thing.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Partial eclipse is basically rubbish, even if it gets up to 99% or so.

There is much more to see in a total eclipse which is far more interesting. I went to France to see the one in 1999 and it was spectacular.

The next easy one to see is in the US, I think 2017, which I am planning to go over and see.

Re this eclipse, I think I may have felt the eerie wind but did not notice much else.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Bright and sunny in Leicester. There was a very noticable drop in light levels and heat from the sun. I grabbed my welding mask to have a look and to my amazement, the MSM seem to be telling the truth on this occasion. Obviously, I'm very anxious about this.

HOLA4416

I'm currently suffering unbearable anxiety because I think I looked directly at the eclipse, but I can't be sure because of the clouds.

Well it's fatal to tell me not to do something, I tried to sneak a glance and it was 100% cloud free in Nottingham.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Bah, dissappointed, no low heavy base vibrations, no earie Scifi sound effects, no dead birds on the ground.

Next time, make sure Hollywood, not the BBC, do the eclipse.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Went to Herstmonceux Observatory with the family where it was greyed-out until about 10:30 when we caught a brief glimpse of a ~5% eclipsed sun.

The darkening at 9:30 was quite noticeable though; accompanied by a drop in temperature.

I was on a mountain in Cornwall in 1999 with a mob of hippies. Then the real darkening only happened in the last 5 minutes pre-totality, so I wasn't expecting much today.

So not bad all told; and a good morning off school for the kids -- headmaster was decent about that: "educational trip".

HOLA4421

Wales, for once, did not disappoint. The crescent sun was the clearly visible behind the clouds, and we got the twilight/birds chattering etc thing I remember from around a decade ago. No decent photos though.

Now thanks to heavier cloud cover, and rain - it is actually darker than it was during the 'clipse.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Beautiful blue clear skies in Swansea. The birds started going nuts just before it and they were flying in scores westwards as fast as they could. Very bizarre.

Then we got a sort of a relieved dawn chorus afterwards.

Seems that the BBC sent most of its presenters to cloudy locations. Typical.

Yes some of the wildlife here did behave a bit oddly.

A few squirrels gazed at the sun wearing sunglasses, and some ducks pointed skywards with their wings to show their ducklings.

Meanwhile, above the cloud, Sol hung there like a glowing toenail clipping.

HOLA4424

Yes some of the wildlife here did behave a bit oddly.

A few squirrels gazed at the sun wearing sunglasses, and some ducks pointed skywards with their wings to show their ducklings.

Meanwhile, above the cloud, Sol hung there like a glowing toenail clipping.

God's giant toenail blocks out the sun! Quake in your boots! Unbeliever.

HOLA4425

Went to the SW coast and enjoyed it thoroughly. There was low-level thin morning cloud blowing offshore that meant I could watch first 3/4 of the eclipse without any dark specs etc, which i didn't have anyway. I didn't notice it get that dark or the wildlife do anything strange. Got some great pictures. Well worth it.

Archived