House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441
46 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Few people in london apear to work, anpnot because they are soo rich.

Again, the jobs that are bring automated destroyed are the serive centric ones based in the South.

The south has seen a bigger shift to umemloyement than the north did in the 80s. Just tax credit and low irs are covering it up.

I keep banging on about this. Noone beleives the facts under their noses.

Nobody believes it because it isn't true

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

IS that before or after the £2trillion of bailouts/hand outs and back door theft ?

HOLA445
HOLA446
2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

This needs to be taken with a massive pinch of salt. Londoners (of which I am one) love a story which confirms our inherent superiority to the provincials, who are never grateful enough for our enlightened benevolence. However there are many British companies which operate across the UK who will headquarter their operations in London. This skews the statistics by presenting income which was, say, generated in the North West as if it was generated in London.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Juicy tasty bear food

"

His estimation was that it would be worth around £750,000 to £800,000 once completed (which it now is). However, a recently commissioned valuation report put the value at only £575,000, which led to an inability to complete and a likely total loss of the deposit paid. 

This month also saw one of our clients sell two relatively recently acquired apartments in a newly constructed east London high rise for £550,000 each. He purchased these apartments off-plan about two years ago for £685,000 each."

Those £500K flats are worth £100K tops in line with local wages

Carnage is not the word

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
49 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

Great article, thanks.

Yeah, the smart money has already gone.

The idiots are left.

Any collapse will be massive

My London friend told me at the weekend, the house they sold in 2011/2012 IIRC for what they paid in in 2007, and how happy they were to get out with the shirt, is now worth double !!!

London has a LONG way to FALL.

I suspect T. may, ex banker, wife of a banker, will do everything in her power to make sure the s*hity of London is protected from BrExit

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, anonlymouse said:

This needs to be taken with a massive pinch of salt. Londoners (of which I am one) love a story which confirms our inherent superiority to the provincials, who are never grateful enough for our enlightened benevolence. However there are many British companies which operate across the UK who will headquarter their operations in London. This skews the statistics by presenting income which was, say, generated in the North West as if it was generated in London.

Not only that.

Most of the high paying jobs are being done by people commuting in.

The resident population of London falls into two groups: benefits + very rich.

HOLA4415
32 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Not only that.

That's not quite true. All my friends and I live in the relative centre and we're a very far cry from the very rich.

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Freki said:

Sharing a canary in the coal mine 

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/43601949?search_identifier=395bbc4b2db3e9e9cfd2e2d090aaf015#jki6jopc8bmR5dCj.97

I think it is aggressively priced and I am surprised that they had to drop the price. I don't know this particular area too well though.

Crikey, I would hate to see one that wasn't aggressively priced.

It's miniscule and judging by the energy rating and low budget look of the décor probably will need a full refurb before too long.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
18 hours ago, spyguy said:

Few people in london apear to work, anpnot because they are soo rich.

Again, the jobs that are bring automated destroyed are the serive centric ones based in the South.

The south has seen a bigger shift to umemloyement than the north did in the 80s. Just tax credit and low irs are covering it up.

I keep banging on about this. Noone beleives the facts under their noses.

i dont buy this

sorry

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4420
8 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

You'll always get regions of relative deficit or surplus. Nevertheless, the deficit leading regions provide food, energy and military security to London.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 5/19/2017 at 8:55 AM, Lavalas said:

Would be interested to hear which trains going into London are older than these pieces of sh*t that we have to suffer across the North.

JS57967657.jpg

Literally a bus on rails.

I agree the Pacers are awful and a disgrace, the sooner they go the better.

However, down South until last week there were 1960 vintage DMUs, class 121, with slam doors running on the Princess Risborough - Aylesbury Line.

Chiltern Railways line 'Bubble cars' set to make their last trip in May

The iconic bubble trains are set to be retired this may, having been in operation since the 60s

The iconic bubble trains are set to be retired this may, having been in operation since the 60s

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/transport/chiltern-railways-line-bubble-cars-set-to-make-their-last-trip-in-may-1-7898034

Class 313s built in 1976-77 running on Thameslink.

The trains on the London Underground Bakerloo LIne are 1972-74 vintage expected to be replaced in 2033 (reaching 61 years in service) and the Piccadilly Line trains serving Central London to Heathrow Airport are 1974-77 builds and they are not expected to go until around 2025.

Just think of it until 2005 all those London City slickers were traveling on trains which were garden sheds with slam doors bolted on to a chassis.

HOLA4424
7 hours ago, spyguy said:

Not only that.

Yeah, the old 'I don't like the facts so I'll make something up' tactic.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

Yeah, the old 'I don't like the facts so I'll make something up' tactic.

No. Im watchung the current stats and listeing to people chat.

Median London wages just have not risen in 10 years.

The more wages have fallen behind housing costs, th more people have gone onto tax credits.

Again., Im speculating against the stats that'll be coming out in a few years time.

Well see.