House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
11 minutes ago, scb said:

Surely if they ban bitcoin, I go abroad where it’s legal and CGT is zero. Get all my cash, move back to the UK and surely they can’t charge me CGT because it’s illegal in the UK anyway.

When I say ban bitcoin, not exactly. It can't be banned. It's what happens when someone tries to cash out through a bank. Most people will not be able to get a backdoor via another country because 1) all countrys are singing from the same hymn sheet, and 2) any attempt will draw attention to yourself, getting you busted and tried for something very serious.

HOLA442
1 minute ago, markyh said:

Ok, Dev 2021 Bitcoin is now 10 x, $350k BTC, £150k is £1.5m.  How can you impose capital controls to stop me leaving the country with it? 

I'm very curious, Should be fun.

leave the country and don't see your family as often. pick bitcoin over your family network....... 

Is this what bitcoin does to the mind? 

HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

This is what I dont understand.

Have these people not seen what the USA does to countries that don't price oil in Dollars?

Or how brutally fast Parler was destroyed this week?

Or how quickly the US government made life VERY difficult for wikileaks, courtesy of Visa/Mastercard/Amex?

They might appear slow and cumbersome but when their ability to hold the reins of power is in peril they strike with pitiless ferocity.

Its head in the sand stuff.

Come 2025, you are going be very very upset, even more so than 2021, and by the end of the year this will crush you. No of this crap will come to pass, it will be about 20-40% tax, thanks very much. off you go, have a nice life. 

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

This is what I dont understand.

Have these people not seen what the USA does to countries that don't price oil in Dollars?

Or how brutally fast Parler was destroyed this week?

Or how quickly the US government made life VERY difficult for wikileaks, courtesy of Visa/Mastercard/Amex?

They might appear slow and cumbersome but when their ability to hold the reins of power is in peril they strike with pitiless ferocity.

Its head in the sand stuff.

If they are interested at $40k imagine the interest level at 100 or 200k

HOLA445
HOLA446
Just now, markyh said:

Come 2025, you are going be very very upset, even more so than 2021, and by the end of the year this will crush you. No of this crap will come to pass, it will be about 20-40% tax, thanks very much. off you go, have a nice life. 

It's your total certainty thats amusing.

Cult like thinking comes to mind.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, mrlegend123 said:

leave the country and don't see your family as often. pick bitcoin over your family network....... 

Is this what bitcoin does to the mind? 

For 1.5m, if illegal in the UK, the whole family is emigrating, rent out or 600k house for a nice bit of extra income, at least £2k pcm. 

HOLA448
1 minute ago, markyh said:

For 1.5m, if illegal in the UK, the whole family is emigrating, rent out or 600k house for a nice bit of extra income, at least £2k pcm. 

Emigrating to a country that will be a pariah state in the eyes of the entire western world.

Collecting that 2k pcm should be easy to collect when that country is isolated from the entire international banking system.

Maybe you should invest in a flock of carrier pigeons with tiny pouches to hold gold coins?

lol

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Just now, Dreamcasting said:

Not bothered personally by people making money by any legal means, be it bitcoin or other, but when people use words like "gainz", it's hard to take them seriously.

Me neither. Good luck to them if they already hold it, balls of steel or shit for brains, its one or the other.

I just hate seeing blatantly false ideas being banded about, someone else might lose a lifes savings in a fit of FOMO.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

What is all this nonsense about states "banning bitcoin". They're already endorsed it and given their citizens the go ahead to buy it by allowing people to buy it through exchanges, insisting on KYC to track it, allowing bitcoin funds, bitcoin futures.

There is no way a government is going to turn around after doing all that and destroy the investments of a lot of their citizens by banning it.

Lack of applied thinking on both sides of the debate here.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
9 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

What is all this nonsense about states "banning bitcoin". They're already endorsed it and given their citizens the go ahead to buy it by allowing people to buy it through exchanges, insisting on KYC to track it, allowing bitcoin funds, bitcoin futures.

There is no way a government is going to turn around after doing all that and destroy the investments of a lot of their citizens by banning it.

Lack of applied thinking on both sides of the debate here.

They had no choice but to endorse it at the start.....why hasnt it been regulated after 12 years? 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
3 hours ago, markyh said:

Yep they beat the Yanks to it. A centrally controlled countries wet dream is a Blockchain currency they can see everything you do with you money. change any tax law at will for any period, and control you. 

Want to ban you form eating more than Macdonalds a week? no problems program it in toy gov issued wallet. Suddenly on you second purchase, your payment is blocked. 

Speak out against the Government, ID via the shape of your ears in protest (china has this Tech, ears are like finger prints) . Suddenly you gov crypto wallet is frozen. You can buy anything, and there is no cash. 

It's a Taxation, control, Stimulas wet dream. They have been giving it out via "lottery" system for months. "Here, have a Gov cryptowallet and £1000, go try it. 

This......................is why you need Bitcoin.

...but it's coming to every westernised country, you can't stop it. The FED and the BOE are developing their own... I understand about the control element of it, especially in China, but... my question is... is this THE Chinese crypto or is this just a test run... if it's THE Chinese crypto and they'll eventually become a significant financial services world power - surely it's a good idea to get some now as an investment for the future. Especially as their 5G IoT behavioural technology won't reach our shores and there's no incentive to deactivating a westerners wallet. Surely it's worth a punt at that price - don't you think?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
4 hours ago, markyh said:

You know there are like 50 retail banks in the UK, and building society current accounts too? HCBC dont have a monopoly, i i withrew crypto sales FIAT to First Direct, owned by HSBC, as short a time ago as October, Sold my remaining Litecoin to buy more BTC. 

Not a murmor. It's scare tactics to get the plebs give it up, so they can buy it. 

Do you honestly believe they are going to let crypto gains off the hook ?  

0% of the public will complain as they think it`s ******** anyway, if i was in power i would charge the whole mess of UK covid debt to crypto if i could.  who`s going to complain some saddo with a usb stick he paid $10 bucks for 1000 bitcoins in 2012 ?

make the ones with the quietest voices pay, they cannot tax the working mans income anymore it has to be assets next, its luxury money not necessary money.