House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441

Updated beginners guide to facile bitcoin comments.

New entry pop pickers straight in at #1.

1. Some people think its a really great idea ... which means that it cant be.
  2. Its like myspace waiting for facebook
  3. Its tulips all over again
  4. This/these other coins have better tech
  5. "they" wont let it happen
  6. No intrinsic value
  7. No valuation fundamentals 
  8. Its too volatile to be a currency
  9. Blockchain, not bitcoin
  10. It uses too much energy
  11. Everyone will suddenly come to their senses
  12. Central banks will issue their own digital currency
  13. Someone might hack it

Have moved to numbers to that people can just use the numbers instead of boring us with the actual words.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA442

It’s no surprise to me to see a bunch of good Samaritans trying to save our souls on  here. 

Thank you for your concerns. It’s so very welcome. Us incredibly naive people appreciate your support. We need protecting from ourselves, less we end up only with our significant holdings in cash, precious metals, equities, bonds, fine art  and in some cases housing/commercial real estate when and if the crypto bubble bursts.

it’s good that you have our best interests at heart.

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

But you are assuming that people have not done their own research and evaluated the possible risks to themselves and taken appropriate steps to minimize them. Most clearly in that only invest what you are comfortable losing. No need to constantly scream at people SELL SELL SELL when they are comfortable in their hodling position. 

With some of the behaviour shown on the thread....point taken though, ill jog off and leave you guys to make your millions.

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Updated beginners guide to facile bitcoin comments.

New entry pop pickers straight in at #1.

1. Some people think its a really great idea ... which means that it cant be.
  2. Its like myspace waiting for facebook
  3. Its tulips all over again
  4. This/these other coins have better tech
  5. "they" wont let it happen
  6. No intrinsic value
  7. No valuation fundamentals 
  8. Its too volatile to be a currency
  9. Blockchain, not bitcoin
  10. It uses too much energy
  11. Everyone will suddenly come to their senses
  12. Central banks will issue their own digital currency
  13. Someone might hack it

Have moved to numbers to that people can just use the numbers instead of boring is with the actual words.

I love this pop pickers chart. It should be all over crypto Twitter. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
7 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

As the risk reduces the price will rise, you dont get to have it both ways i.e. both established and cheap.

Thats probably the worst reason of all to discount something, I mean really man up and do your own research and ignore the shills (like me) AND the terminal sceptics. OK you might not change your mind but at least it would be your decision.

As a consolation prize youve gone straight to the top of the beginners guide, really that one was out of nowhere, congrats.

• Some people think its a really great idea ... which means that it cant be.

Thanks.

Encouraging people to ignore the "if it sounds too good to be true..." mantra. That tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about you. 

Another one for /ignore

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

When the UK regulator says this week anyone dabbling in bitcoin schemes “should be prepared to lose all their money”.

I take the above as a BIG HINT for new investors, shot across the bow.

new investors don't buy and dont be the ones catching the falling knife and existing investors sell and dont be greedy....... 

HOLA4410
4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I love this pop pickers chart. It should be all over crypto Twitter. 

He should change that top one to be more honest.

1) If it sounds too good to be true, ignore the naysayers and just buy. What are you some kinda pussy?

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Telling us to sell our holdings for our own protection is like telling David Geffen to sell his Jackson Pollock’s because one day people will see it for what it is - just a bunch of squiggles of oil paint, and the price is bound to crash eventually. 

Or that one day people will see gold as a just an ornamental metal.

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, Chunketh said:

He should change that top one to be more honest.

1) If it sounds too good to be true, ignore the naysayers and just buy. What are you some kinda pussy?

Except I didnt say that, I said ignore shills and detractors and to do your own research. Are you so weak minded that you need to resort to blatantly misquoting me.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4413
8 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Telling us to sell our holdings for our own protection is like telling David Geffen to sell his Jackson Pollock’s because one day people will see it for what it is - just a bunch of squiggles of oil paint, and the price is bound to crash eventually. 

Nothing is as valuable as causation by a sleepy tweet from Elon Musk. 

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

When the UK regulator says this week anyone dabbling in bitcoin schemes “should be prepared to lose all their money”.

new investors don't buy and dont be the ones catching the falling knife and existing investors sell and dont be greedy....... 

So what would you expect the FCA and BoE to say ? - "FGS dump our devaluating fiat into a sound money wile youve still got a pot to piss in".

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
13 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

you mean like when the regulators stopped people buying this asset in 2018, which is still going up 2 years later. Amazingly and coincidentally just before the real gains were to be had?

yes, I’ll be sure to listen to them. 

E4EA949C-EF18-4026-B98B-CA428D7BE752.jpeg

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
14 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I think you find they have to legally say that about all non cash investments.  Show me a pension or stocks and shares ISA where it doesn't say in the small print " you may lose all your money" , or "your capital invested is a risk" or some similar statement, which basically all mean the same thing in court, "Your investment carry's risk and may go to zero" 

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Amazingly and coincidentally just before the real gains were to be had?

They are only gains if you have realised them ie sold Bitcoin and bought currency or some other asset with them. What happens when any large number of the "bitcoin millionaires" try to do that? In other words, "buy now the only way is up"! 

HOLA4421
18 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

it`s because they have not realised its`s gold V2, these people are old fiat guys they trump dust. 

Nothing says i love you more the a usb stick on a gold chain to give to your nearest and dearest. a perfect marriage of young and old living in harmony. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
5 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Why would *anyone*, *ever* listen to a regulator? 😂😂😁 

They allowed self cert mortgages for heavens sake! These people are not benevolent. They are clueless. 

This is the same regulator that ignored all the warnings about the 2008 credit crunch that every man and their dog could see. The same regulator that was so discredited that they had to disband it and rename it. The same regulator that’s always looking out for the plebiscite. 

HOLA4424

This release was a bit ambiguous (probably intentionally) but I would say be wary of any Bitcoin ‘schemes’ and many people might jump in without doing any research on how to buy and store crypto safely. 

HOLA4425