House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
14 minutes ago, nickb1 said:

They are only gains if you have realised them ie sold Bitcoin and bought currency or some other asset with them. What happens when any large number of the "bitcoin millionaires" try to do that? In other words, "buy now the only way is up"! 

This is like trying to debate with people with IQ's under 100.  Tell me why this statement only applies to Bitcoin and not every other asset on the planet?  

(Hint), What happened to ALL Global assets in March 2020 when everyone tried to sell and exit into cash at the same time?

HOLA443
19 minutes ago, nickb1 said:

They are only gains if you have realised them ie sold Bitcoin and bought currency or some other asset with them. What happens when any large number of the "bitcoin millionaires" try to do that? In other words, "buy now the only way is up"! 

Indeed. Which is why I have been selling in part and rebalancing all the way up with that asset. 

we are not idiots. 

HOLA444
11 minutes ago, Lenelby said:

When the UK regulator says this week anyone dabbling in bitcoin schemes “should be prepared to lose all their money”.

This release was a bit ambiguous (probably intentionally) but I would say be wary of any Bitcoin ‘schemes’ and many people might jump in without doing any research on how to buy and store crypto safely

Irrespective of my personal opinion of Bitcoin, this is the single most important thing you need to understand and have nailed down.

You effectively become your own bank, act accordingly.

HOLA445
6 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

people would be screwed if they increased the capital gains tax on unregulated digital currencies. that would be funny........

Oh dear, all depends how much you have, as previously discussed, have enough bitcoin and it's worth enough, you just leave the country and avoid UK CGT. 

There is no "Global" CGT on anything, ever.  

HOLA446
HOLA447
1 minute ago, Frugal Git said:

Indeed. Which is why I have been selling in part and rebalancing all the way up with that asset. 

we are not idiots. 

Sorry not all, rebalancing is really only for the risk adverse. I cant see why Bitcoin wont reach 7 figures in this decade TBH. No way i'm scaling out until i hit my predefined goals 3 x from here. 

HOLA448
1 minute ago, markyh said:

Oh dear, all depends how much you have, as previously discussed, have enough bitcoin and it's worth enough, you just leave the country and avoid UK CGT. 

There is no "Global" CGT on anything, ever.  

mad to leave the country over bitcoin. countries track wealth at the airport nowadays. 

leave the country then bitcoin crashes. then what? 

HOLA449
3 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

we are not saying bitcoiners are idiots. some on here might not have a investment strategy....... 

Sorry not all, rebalancing is really only for the risk adverse. I cant see why Bitcoin wont reach 7 figures in this decade TBH. No way i'm scaling out until i hit my predefined goals 3 x from here. 

HOLA4410

I said ‘that asset’ (rhodium). Haven’t touched the btc. 👍

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Irrespective of my personal opinion of Bitcoin, this is the single most important thing you need to understand and have nailed down.

You effectively become your own bank, act accordingly.

Yes but i'm perfectly safe, A nice man that called from "The Ledger Company" has assured me i am not on the leaked client list and to be safe he is securing my Bitcoin for me, free of charge, he just needed my 24 word seed phrase. 

Luckily i have it written down in a envelope in a desk draw that says " Bitcoin Ledger Nano S 24 word Seed phrase" written on it so i dont forget what's in the envelope. 

I'm just waiting for his call back to confirm my Bitcoin is secure. It has been a few weeks but then they have lot of worried customers to call i'm sure. 

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

mad to leave the country over bitcoin. countries track wealth at the airport nowadays. 

leave the country then bitcoin crashes. then what? 

Yep, IQ under 100. When you figure out why capital controls on Bitcoin are impossible, please explain why you statement is the dumbest shit ever! 

HOLA4414

Yep, IQ under 100. When you figure out why capital controls on Bitcoin are impossible, please explain why you statement is the dumbest shit ever! 

I think I will need to hand back my first class engineering degree because a idiot poster thinks I have IQ of 100...

mad people on here

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I think I will need to hand back my first class engineering degree because a idiot poster thinks I have IQ of 100...

mad people on here

Then explain why i cant get on an airplane and fly off the the Cayman islands with £2m of Bitcoin wealth from the UK. 

How will they stop me?  How can they check my wealth at the Airport. 

HOLA4416

Then explain why i cant get on an airplane and fly off the the Cayman islands with £2m of Bitcoin wealth from the UK. 

I didnt say nothing is stopping you (you made that statement up cos you are mad)  

I said what would you do if the UK introduces high capital gains tax on unregulated digital currencies. you said you would leave the country for the love of bitcoin....i said when you enter countries you have to declare your total wealth.... 

if you are a bitcoin millionaire fair play but you sound like someone living in a fantasy. I will leave the country, live happily ever after.... the end. 

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, markyh said:

They'll check your brain wallet with a deep probe. 😂

Salty nocoiners still do not realise that you can travel anywhere in the world with your wealth with those 24 words in your brain. 

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Updated beginners guide to facile bitcoin comments.

New entry pop pickers straight in at #1.

1. Some people think its a really great idea ... which means that it cant be.
  2. Its like myspace waiting for facebook
  3. Its tulips all over again
  4. This/these other coins have better tech
  5. "they" wont let it happen
  6. No intrinsic value
  7. No valuation fundamentals 
  8. Its too volatile to be a currency
  9. Blockchain, not bitcoin
  10. It uses too much energy
  11. Everyone will suddenly come to their senses
  12. Central banks will issue their own digital currency
  13. Someone might hack it

Have moved to numbers to that people can just use the numbers instead of boring us with the actual words.

Here's one for the Top10.

Dont invest in something you dont understand 100%

Recorded by the Xfactor band Lazy Booggers

HOLA4419
33 minutes ago, markyh said:

Yes but i'm perfectly safe, A nice man that called from "The Ledger Company" has assured me i am not on the leaked client list and to be safe he is securing my Bitcoin for me, free of charge, he just needed my 24 word seed phrase. 

Luckily i have it written down in a envelope in a desk draw that says " Bitcoin Ledger Nano S 24 word Seed phrase" written on it so i dont forget what's in the envelope. 

I'm just waiting for his call back to confirm my Bitcoin is secure. It has been a few weeks but then they have lot of worried customers to call i'm sure. 

Always with the insults or stupidity.

/ignored

HOLA4420
13 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

..i said when you enter countries you have to declare your total wealth.... 

Make up any old figure, how will they know?  Also, i have travelled to Russia, USA , Switzerland, Norway , 70% of the EU, the Carrabian, Africa (3 countries) , Egypt, Abu Dhabi and loads of other places. 

Not once at the little passport / Visa check booth was i ever asked what my Wealth was. It wasn't even a question on the VISA form for Russia to visit Moscow, and that was a special appointment to the Embassy in London. 

Where do you get this fantasy crap from?

HOLA4421
Just now, Chunketh said:

Always with the insults or stupidity.

/ignored

bitcoiners can only insult because they know bitcoin is backed by nothing. there is no fundamentals to it. ponzi scheme relying on new investors who are brainwashed by the hype. existing investors and traders are the winners when they sell. 

bitcoin is like a school bully stealing money from the weak in the playground..... 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
4 minutes ago, markyh said:

Make up any old figure, how will they know?  Also, i have travelled to Russia, USA , Switzerland, Norway , 70% of the EU, the Carrabian, Africa (3 countries) , Egypt, Abu Dhabi and loads of other places. 

Not once at the little passport / Visa check booth was i ever asked what my Wealth was. It wasn't even a question on the VISA form for Russia to visit Moscow, and that was a special appointment to the Embassy in London. 

Where do you get this fantasy crap from?

from you lol 

leave the country and sell it into cash and tell us all how easy it was......i bet it is not that simple.