• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

wtf

how can SHELTER bemoan cheaper houses

FFS!

If interest rates rise rapidly causing house prices to drop, there is going to be massive involvement from Shelter. I can't find the figures now, but look at the number of homeless people in the early 90s compared to now!

HOLA443

If interest rates rise rapidly causing house prices to drop, there is going to be massive involvement from Shelter. I can't find the figures now, but look at the number of homeless people in the early 90s compared to now!

although Shelter don't actually provide any accommodation, they just do campaigning and advice work.

HOLA444
“This Autumn if people are looking a buying or renting they need to take another look at the market because I know the last few years have been very difficult and I know how distressing that is for individuals and families.

I think the market is beginning to turn."

– Housing Minister Mark Prisk

Have you ever played the "dead game" while watch a film. You have to guess which characters are going to die. Like Mark Prisk for example. I doubt he'll make it past christmas making statements like that.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I mean, I know surgeons who cannot the mortgage payments on some of the 'nicer' houses in my area. How fecked up is that!

Heh - my boss expressed surprise the other day that I was still not contemplating buying. "A friend of mine has just bought a two-bedroom terrace in Brixton - very affordable", "What does he do?", "Renal consultant", "Well paid?", "Christ, yes", "So a well paid renal consultant can just about afford a small terrace house in Brixton?", "Hmm... looking at it like that..."

HOLA447

“This Autumn if people are looking a buying or renting they need to take another look at the market because I know the last few years have been very difficult and I know how distressing that is for individuals and families.

– Housing Minister Mark Pris

It's beginning to turn, just like that piece of cheese I dropped behind the fridge last week.rolleyes.gif

HOLA448
HOLA449

Looking forward to the adverts that surround this broadcast. The adverts that are on before this comes on may give an indication on how it's going to go.

I'm guessing the term "falling house prices" will probably not be used. I'm expecting to hear "ladder" and "flat-lining" more than twice each.

HOLA4410

Housing Market Facing "a Perfect Storm"

Itv1 Tonight 7:30 Special Episode Don't Miss it!!

I got caught out

Thought it meant prices likely to come under pressure/fall

But no. What storm is it on about? What new factors come into play?

Demographics, I'd guess. Shedloads of 'My home is my pension' types, all hoping to cash out at peaky values at the same time.

HOLA4411

This Autumn if people are looking at buying or renting they need to take another look at the market because I know the last few years have been very difficult and I know how distressing that is for individuals and families.

I can't make any real sense of the above quote. It is nonsense.

Mr Prisk is an ex-EA, and a chartered surveyor. I look forward eagerly to his next words of wisdom.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This Autumn if people are looking at buying or renting they need to take another look at the market because I know the last few years have been very difficult and I know how distressing that is for individuals and families.

I can't make any real sense of the above quote. It is nonsense.

Mr Prisk is an ex-EA, and a chartered surveyor. I look forward eagerly to his next words of wisdom.

Or very cleverly worded a la politico-speak so that it can mean A or Z , and nobody can taunt him with it later.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1349976250[/url]' post='909158918']

Or very cleverly worded a la politico-speak so that it can mean A or Z , and nobody can taunt him with it later.

Any self respecting MSM journalist would simply ask Prisk to quantify that statement, ie *how* does he know how distressing renting/buying is for people? Has he ever been at the sharp end of an AST, rogue landlord blah blah blah? Probably not. dry.gif

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Stupidly I have turned this on.

As expected, it's the banks fault for not dishing out unaffordable mortgages like sweets to spoilt children.

The guy who "can't sell" at 105k after dropping the asking price by 10k, it has been on the market for 3 years so he he must have lived in it for at least 6 (wouldn't you think?) ... has he not built up more equity than 10k (which must include his deposit)?

Oh, and old dear "cannot sell" of course she can - LOWER THE PRICE!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now talking about foreign buyers looking for a safe haven. Oh good ... that'll help our housing "crisis".

HOLA4425

I am now angry and want to smash my TV. Foreign bloody investors. blink.gif

Same here ... I really didn't want to watch this.

Happily, now they are talking about building more property* which is necessary as is getting "empty" homes back into use.

(* which should only be available for purchase for owner occupiers with repayment mortgages)